Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Add easy way to freeze colony growth  (Read 1016 times)

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Add easy way to freeze colony growth
« on: November 22, 2018, 05:27:49 AM »

Some colonies I build are meant to be temporary or small-scale production, and I cannot abandon them if they grow to size 4 before I am through with them.  It do not want to resort to removing industries then wait for destabilization to take its course.  Waystation and one industry has positive growth, so I need to do something silly to prevent the size upgrade and lose the ability to abandon the colony.

One of my colonies is on a 175% hazard gas giant to mine volatiles.  At size 3, it produces enough to feed my main colony.  I do not want it to grow it any bigger (in case I find a better planet to colonize later).

Also, growth freeze would have been handy for a small self-sufficient colony earlier in the game.  If it grew too fast, either I need to import more and lose income or increase production and attract invasion fleets that will set the colony on fire.

Shad

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Add easy way to freeze colony growth
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2018, 06:10:22 AM »

Yeah, some things like techmines or or gas giants mines really need to stay small. You don't want them to grow.

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Add easy way to freeze colony growth
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2018, 06:19:09 AM »

I'd like to click on Population industry (or wherever) and select the size I want it to grow or shrink to. Mostly for role play in the case of limiting growth; it feels odd to have multiple size 7s or 8s, but small, focused or temporary colonies sometimes get obsolete and the only way to get them to shrink is to either let them get saturation bombed or wait until they decivilise.