Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: [0.9a RC9] Disengage Parameters vs. Battlestation - Pinned by Little Fleet  (Read 767 times)

mendonca

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

I got all brave last night and went back for that 200k pirate base in Zenobia.

After some real fun cat and mouse in the asteroid belt; I had thinned down local patrols - and got sucked in to a fight with the battlestation at a reasonably convenient point.

My fleet wasn't great; but could easily take down a '1-module' pirate station - but as it happens is found a little wanting against the '2-module' constant barrage of fighters and harpoons.

I just can't get through the cloud of stuff; albeit it's no great threat either with some use of the avoid command - and I did manage to pick off most of the bigger threats in the mobile forces before giving up.

Okay; come back another day right?

Except I can't disengage because there is a Hound and a Kite desperate to re-engage my Apogee; Shrike; Falcon; Heron + 4xFrigates.

Workaround is to hunt the Hound and Kite down (and inevitably take a bit of grief / damage from the station; nearly popping my Apogee); but seems unfair that I am locked in to this fight - the mobile elements in the pirate force present zero threat to me (I should be able to just calmly plod off, right?)

Perhaps the logic behind large-ish fleets disengaging against 'stationary-targets-plus-a-bit' could be looked at, if possible?

"I'm doing it, I'm making them purple! No one can stop me!"

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9a RC9] Disengage Parameters vs. Battlestation - Pinned by Little Fleet
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2018, 10:54:39 AM »

Yeah, this definitely is an issue and is on my list.