Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Be able to do something about smugglers?  (Read 935 times)

Darloth

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Be able to do something about smugglers?
« on: November 21, 2018, 04:24:32 AM »

I'm aware that, mechanically speaking, people smuggling stuff into my colonies is half the time a GOOD thing for me, it increases accessibility.

On the other hand, I don't always want them to, and yet when I catch a smuggler there doesn't seem to be any option to say "You're in my space, submit to a cargo inspection or die" the way the main factions do.

Why not?  What if I'd rather they didn't smuggle in all sorts of random bits?  Indeed, there aren't really any special interactions for flying around in space you control with your transponder on, and I think more of that would be good.

(I did find it amusing my own fleet ran from me... because I had my transponder off.  That was funny, and mildly embarrassing.)

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Be able to do something about smugglers?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2018, 04:33:58 AM »

If my colony does not have free port, I would like to see my patrols automatically stick up smugglers and transfer the goods to the colony.  Need to feed my dope-head miners.

Me personally demanding tribute from smugglers in my system would be fun occasionally, although it is probably more fitting for my patrols to do the dirty work.

Spoorthuzad

• Captain
  • Looking right into your soul
    • View Profile
Re: Be able to do something about smugglers?
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2018, 05:19:55 AM »

Would be also fun to have a toggle somewhere if you want your systems to have mandatory transponder on/off policy.