Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: 0.9a RC10 Autofit profile not correctly applying capacitors and vents  (Read 711 times)

Baqar79

• Captain
    • View Profile

I've got a Sunder equipped with 14 capacitors & 15 vents, which I saved as a Autofit profile.  

Profile description correctly lists the number of capacitors & vents, but on loading the profile for a new ship I find that I have 22 vents & 7 capacitors.  Deleting and recreating the profile doesn't seem to help here (Upgrade weapons using extra OP is unticked, but I don't have any spare OP regardless).

Oh I just checked and it looks like Autofit isn't even respecting the vent & capacitor count of the built-in profiles.  Granted, the extra 10% OP bonus changes things, but In all the built-in profiles for the Sunder it seems to downgrade the number of capacitors from what is specified eg:

Default Sunder "Assault" profile listed vent  & capacitor count:
Capacitors: 11
Vents: 20

Default Sunder vents & capacitors, after application of "Assault" profile:
Capacitors: 7
Vents: 24
+"Reinforced Bulkheads" hull mod to make up the OP difference.

« Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 07:13:03 PM by Baqar79 »

Baqar79

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: 0.9a RC10 Autofit profile not correctly applying capacitors and vents
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2018, 10:33:13 PM »

Just wanted to add to this that there is another Autofit issue where I have to apply the profile twice for it to work correctly, unless I first strip the ship before applying that profile.

Original:
Spoiler
[close]

Autofit profile:
Spoiler
[close]

After applying profile (missing front shield conversion):
Spoiler
[close]

If I then apply the autofit profile again it works correctly, or if I strip the ship first then apply the profile it will work the first time.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: 0.9a RC10 Autofit profile not correctly applying capacitors and vents
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2018, 03:16:53 PM »

Thank you! Fixed the vents/capacitors issue. Do you happen to have a save where I could reproduce the 2nd issue? If you've got one handy, that would make it a lot faster to fix up. fractalsoftworks [at] gmail [dot] com