Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 0.9a >100% Ship Quality  (Read 6858 times)

Martell

• Ensign
    • View Profile
0.9a >100% Ship Quality
« on: November 20, 2018, 06:02:40 PM »

Does this matter to composition or loadout of ships after you have 0 d-mods or should I just put points in Fleet Size/Officers?

I did read http://fractalsoftworks.com/2018/02/12/blueprints-doctrine-and-production/#more-3897.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: 0.9a >100% Ship Quality
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2018, 06:15:46 PM »

IIRC at 100% there's a fairly low chance of a ship getting a single d-mod, so a bit over 100% has some limited value. Anything above say 120% would, again iirc, not help anything.

Martell

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2018, 06:52:22 PM »

Thank you very much. Having a blast with 0.9.

Martell

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2018, 09:09:26 PM »

Oh, and just so I don't clutter the forum, going to stick my feedback for this version here.

- Tooltip during Trade/Production should show how many weapons/ships you already own. I can now make HILs. Do I have any in Colony A? Colony B? On fleet? It's already partly implemented in the Refit screen, would be a great convenience to have it elsewhere.

- Having to toggle back to Fleet screen everytime I change something in the Refit screen to see how the stats have changed gets tiresome. Perhaps a tooltip on the ship pictures to the left?

- Comm Relays feel like they're vital, so much so that systems without enough stable spots feels useless as colonies. Perhaps alternatives? Alpha Cores in certain ground based structures?

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2018, 09:29:08 PM »

- Having to toggle back to Fleet screen everytime I change something in the Refit screen to see how the stats have changed gets tiresome. Perhaps a tooltip on the ship pictures to the left?

Quick note: there's a tooltip with ship stats on the ordnance points bar.

Martell

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2018, 09:55:17 PM »

Perfect. But perhaps slightly obscure.

dandylions

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2018, 07:49:16 AM »

Note that you can dial down your faction doctrine for "fleet quality" once you get to over 100% ship quality. I think each fleet doctrine point - of the seven you are allocated for that section - is worth 12.5% if put toward fleet quality, so in essence a Pristine Nanoforge is worth four points!

This does cause an issue if you have multiple colonies, though, since the ones without a nanoforge will start putting out poorer quality ships as a result of that change.

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2018, 09:24:26 AM »

I'm pretty sure the nanoforge/orbital works are actually a global benefit - as long as a single colony has you are good to go. Perhaps all the ships are being produced there and just shipped to other colonies.

megalon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2018, 01:18:53 PM »

^^^^ yes about 99% that is correct above.  I have two colones, one with heavy industries and a pristine nanoforge, the other colony with neither.  The other colony does show the nanoforge bonus in the quality breakdown though for the fleet.  I recall that as I remember seeing it and thinking that was great to see.

Vind

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2018, 01:53:53 AM »

Best to grab 2 pristine nanoforges for redundancy as luddite terrorists is proficient enough to sabotage orbital docks and bye-bye ships quality unless you got a second industry center.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2018, 08:42:57 AM »

Best to grab 2 pristine nanoforges for redundancy as luddite terrorists is proficient enough to sabotage orbital docks and bye-bye ships quality unless you got a second industry center.
Oh yes, my thinking exactly.  Just need to find the next ideal place to colonize that has less than 175% hazard.  Currently, I am focused on exploring and search for the next great location to colonize.  I only have corrupted nanoforge as spare, though.

megalon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2018, 12:02:51 PM »

A 2nd pristine nanoforge would be nice!  Haven't come across any 2nd nanoforge yet but definitely hope I come across one.

In that case the then -- having 1 colony with pristine nf and one with a corrupted one -- are the bonuses cumulative for fleet strength or is it instead just the top modifier for nanoforges that used across all your fleets,   i.e if you had say, 5 colonies, 4 using a corrupted and one using a pristine, it would apply just the pristine quality bonus across all 5 colonies ?

Goumindong

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2018, 12:59:48 PM »

You only get the top ones value. The second pristine nanoforge is a backup and also increases total speciality production capacity

Shad

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2018, 01:10:40 PM »

Late game you have corrupted nanoforges you don't want: I wish they could be handed similar to AI cores for massive rewards + other goodies (for example no expeditions from the faction, or a rare prisitne capital ship).

Vind

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2018, 01:51:53 PM »

Ability to assemble one pristine nanoforge from 5+ corrupted ones would be great. Found 8 corrupted ones and only one pristine from AI mining station. These remnants can repair good stuff in their systems.