Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: 0.9a-RC 9/10 Story mission can't be fulfilled...  (Read 1213 times)

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Eschewing obfuscatory verbosity.
    • View Profile
0.9a-RC 9/10 Story mission can't be fulfilled...
« on: November 20, 2018, 01:32:53 PM »

...because the station I'm supposed to go to doesn't exist (anymore?). I'm supposed to find a pilot at something (I guess a pirate station) called Claver Headquarters, but at the specified location only a Luddic Path base exists. I let quite some years pass after receiving the information, btw. I guess this unfulfillable mission is no stuck in my intel tab forever.

I have a save if that would help.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 02:04:48 PM by Gothars »
The game was completed 8 years ago and we get a free expansion every year.

Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: 0.9a-RC 9/10 Story mission can't be fulfilled...
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2018, 02:08:46 PM »

Is it possible that you've accepted this mission at a pirate base, which then sent you to the same pirate base to talk to the pilot? Looking at the code, that seems to be the only way for this to happen that I can see.

I guess this unfulfillable mission is no stuck in my intel tab forever.

It *should* be completeable, just without the aid of the pilot's directions.

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Eschewing obfuscatory verbosity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2018, 02:59:23 PM »

I did start it at a randomly spawned pirate base, but it directed me to another randomly spawned pirate base halfway across the sector.

... I have no idea how to continue the mission, it's still my first playthrough^^ It's alright though, I'll just do it on my next. I was very happy to find a story mission at all, looking forward to more of those in the future!

Not directly related, but it happend in this case, too: When a pirate base is extinguished and a luddic base is established (or the other way round), the hyperspace transmitter etc. stay in the hands of the first faction that was in the system. Converting them to your side still makes the current faction investigate, and then finally claim the object.
The game was completed 8 years ago and we get a free expansion every year.

Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2018, 03:52:14 PM »

I did start it at a randomly spawned pirate base, but it directed me to another randomly spawned pirate base halfway across the sector.

Hmm, odd - looking at the code, doesn't seem possible. But, should be fixed in any case!

Not directly related, but it happend in this case, too: When a pirate base is extinguished and a luddic base is established (or the other way round), the hyperspace transmitter etc. stay in the hands of the first faction that was in the system. Converting them to your side still makes the current faction investigate, and then finally claim the object.

(Noted.)