Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Heron Targeting Feed + Carriers skills=Sabots doing ~Reaper damage vs armor/hull  (Read 1843 times)

TaLaR

• Admiral
    • View Profile

RC8

Carrier variant:
Spoiler
[close]

Officer has all 3 carrier skills (as all my other carrier officers, so I could not check which exact skill makes the difference, though I suspect it's Strike Commander).
To test: just autopilot it vs sim Falcon.In most cases 1st salvo overloads, 2nd destroys hull and armor. Sometimes Falcon is left at 20% hp after just first salvo. Rarely it gets lucky and dies on 3-4th salvo.

Same Heron without officer when it gets lucky enough to overload Falcon on 1st salvo, merely damages armor on 2nd, without significant hull damage.

Officer on other carrier ships (or even Heron, when I pilot manually and do not use Targeting Feed) does not make nearly as much difference.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

Thank you, made a note to check it out to see if there's any weirdness or if TC + skills is just that good.

Just to clarify, by "salvo" you mean fighters returning to re-arm and doing another attack run, right?

TaLaR

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Thank you, made a note to check it out to see if there's any weirdness or if TC + skills is just that good.

Just to clarify, by "salvo" you mean fighters returning to re-arm and doing another attack run, right?

Yes. So in this case 4 Sabots from 2 Longbow wings.

grinningsphinx

• Captain
    • View Profile

Targeting feeds been in the game for awhile now, on the vortex light carrier i believe.

No new behavoir

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

Fixed this one; Targeting Feed plus Strike Commander plus a bug in the damage calculation was causing the damage to be x(1.5 + (1.5 + 0.2)) rather than x(1.5 * 1.2). So, x3.2 instead of x1.8.

Now it takes 5 full salvos from 3 Longbow wings with TF and max skills to take down a Falcon that's not even using shields; that's a lot more like it.

TaLaR

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Great! Did it affect only Sabots or everything, with Sabots just being way more noticeable?

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

Everything from fighters, if Strike Commander was taken.