Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: [0.9a] Excessive (?) fleets respawn bug  (Read 1031 times)

Vensalir

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
[0.9a] Excessive (?) fleets respawn bug
« on: November 19, 2018, 04:28:50 PM »

I think I found a bug with the respawn rate of Luddic Path fleets at one of their bases.

Simply put, there are always a number of substantial fleets (mostly called Holy Armada) stationed at a Luddic Path outpost, and their number never seems to decrease, no matter how many I kill. I usually go in, kill a fleet or two, wait a few days in system to restore my CR and another fleet of equal strength is always there guarding the station.

Is this an intended feature ? It seems like the respawn rate is way too high for it to be balanced.

I also found some strange issues with derelict ships ; I can usually salvage Nebula-class transports from fleets that didn't have them in the first place, and I once found 2 Legion [XIV] battlecarriers in one system.

Beautiful update despite these tiny issues, though, I'm having oodles of fun with it.

Baro

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9a] Excessive (?) fleets respawn bug
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2018, 04:45:48 PM »

This is my problem with all NPC fleets,  they re-spawn way way too fast.  I had a similar situation with a pirate base.  It was guarded by 3 massive ridiculous fleets,  I could get them to chase me and tackle them one at a time, but when I came back to the station a new fleet would always spawn back.  Apparently this station has the largest shipyard in the sector.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2018, 04:49:46 PM »

Made a note; will check this out.

Schwartz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2018, 08:23:57 PM »

I only noticed this with Luddic Path fleets, and only in systems where they have built a Battlestation. The smaller ones are very manageable, and the pirates have been outright easy. But the game may throw high-tier Luddic Path bases at you early on.