Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: [0.9a RC9] Conflicting colony upkeep costs  (Read 828 times)

Darloth

• Admiral
    • View Profile
[0.9a RC9] Conflicting colony upkeep costs
« on: November 19, 2018, 06:19:02 AM »

So there's various upkeep costs listed in various places of the colony interface.

For example, when I go to construct Mining, the table tells me it'll cost 6000 credits (Size 3 colony, 100% hazard rating).
However, the actual tooltip says it will only cost 2000 credits, and this is supported in-game and in-play.

Will add more details as I get more colonies, but at the moment I'd guess it's multiplying by market size in the table column, but not in game.

Truthowl

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9a RC9] Conflicting colony upkeep costs
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2018, 12:06:45 PM »

Do colonies make a profit at all? I'm guessing they do, but from just looking at tooltips it's not apparent. To me it looks like everything costs and/or adds monthly maintenance fees.

I haven't yet built one so I don't know for sure yet. So do they actually make us a profit?
--
Truthowl

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2018, 12:21:32 PM »

(They do from exporting goods they produce. But, please: no off-topic posts in this subforum.)

Truthowl

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2018, 03:51:39 AM »

Sorry, was not aware this was posted in bug reports. I did a search for colonies and this turned out to be one of the more relevant results. thank you for the info though.
--
Truthowl