Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Coordinating fleet movement  (Read 924 times)

ce-net

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Coordinating fleet movement
« on: November 18, 2018, 05:26:26 PM »

I think giving the player the ability to command patrol fleets might be a nice addition:

An option could be added to the comms menu which makes it so the patrol fleet follows the player unless ordered otherwise.

While this may be a balance problem, it could help the player combat the massive expedition fleets.

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
Re: Coordinating fleet movement
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2018, 06:02:16 PM »

Before Sustained Burn and Interdiction was introduced I always felt really strongly that the game would benefit from the ability to break off strike groups from your own fleet and send them out like a projectile to catch enemy fleets out that you can then reinforce
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then

Elijah

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2018, 01:53:08 AM »

This could be what the "Orders" tab is about?

Darloth

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2018, 02:47:45 AM »

Before Sustained Burn and Interdiction was introduced I always felt really strongly that the game would benefit from the ability to break off strike groups from your own fleet and send them out like a projectile to catch enemy fleets out that you can then reinforce

I would still love to do this.  In theory it ought to be possible via modding nowadays...