Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Sunder Mounts  (Read 2327 times)

Ranakastrasz

• Admiral
  • Prince Corwin of Amber
    • View Profile
Sunder Mounts
« on: November 18, 2018, 12:39:25 PM »

What is up with the missing Large Energy mount?
Used to be every sunder had one. Then 90% of them got a Dmod removing that slot. Now they just don't have one in general?
Except it still shows up in the codex. What happened?

The whole reason I used Sunders was they could have impressive firepower, and mount an autopulse laser or similar high-end weapons.
I think is easy for Simba and Mufasa sing the Circle of Life when they're on the top of the food chain, I bet the zebras hate that song.

Cigarettes are a lot like hamsters. Perfectly harmless, until you put one in your mouth and light it on fire

Rbrx

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Sunder Mounts
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2018, 12:40:35 PM »

Used to be every sunder had one. Then 90% of them got a Dmod removing that slot. Now they just don't have one in general?

The whole reason I used Sunders was they could have impressive firepower, and mount an autopulse laser or similar high-end weapons.

Sunders still have large slots for me, maybe when you remove the d-mod it doesn't change the mounts?
I never bother with the triple medium version, so I couldn't tell you if that's the issue.

Ranakastrasz

• Admiral
  • Prince Corwin of Amber
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2018, 01:27:02 PM »

Sunders still have large slots for me, maybe when you remove the d-mod it doesn't change the mounts?
I never bother with the triple medium version, so I couldn't tell you if that's the issue.

Naw, in the store, or looted. No Dmod, no large slot.

The  Dmod always claimed that if you removed it, the slots stay destroyed, so maybe the Ai is removing those mods?
I think is easy for Simba and Mufasa sing the Circle of Life when they're on the top of the food chain, I bet the zebras hate that song.

Cigarettes are a lot like hamsters. Perfectly harmless, until you put one in your mouth and light it on fire

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2018, 01:43:19 PM »

... what the. Let me make a note, that's prooobably not how this is supposed to be.

Goumindong

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2018, 01:47:46 PM »

My Sunders have Large Energy mounts.

Maybe you are building a (P) Sunder. Those always have the large slot downsized to a medium

Ranakastrasz

• Admiral
  • Prince Corwin of Amber
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2018, 02:24:54 PM »

My Sunders have Large Energy mounts.

Maybe you are building a (P) Sunder. Those always have the large slot downsized to a medium

That may be it. The codex or description ought to explain it tho. Its kinda an important part of the ship.

Edit: yea. Found a normal sunder. There are 3 in ths codex, all with large mounts. I think the dmod is just missing, but still has the effect. Iirc its just a tooltip, something else removes the slots/downgrades them.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 03:38:43 PM by Ranakastrasz »

Clockwork Owl

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Starsector South Korean Community
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2018, 07:37:34 PM »

The Destroyed Weapon Mounts hullmod simply serves as a label(and deployment cost discount). Mount size change is done by skins.

Ranakastrasz

• Admiral
  • Prince Corwin of Amber
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2018, 05:07:44 AM »

The Destroyed Weapon Mounts hullmod simply serves as a label(and deployment cost discount). Mount size change is done by skins.

Exactly. Except that said dmod doesnt show up.

Hiruma Kai

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2018, 09:08:11 AM »

Did you reload at some point?  There is a bug where if you reload the game from a save, ships in the markets that have generated their ship lists (presumably by you visiting?) that month lose their D-mods or something?  Do any other ships in that market menu have D-mods?

Ranakastrasz

• Admiral
  • Prince Corwin of Amber
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2018, 09:11:32 AM »

The ship itself had dmods, just not the destroyed mount one. Which i havent seen for a long time.