Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Best random colony system you've found?  (Read 2219 times)

Hiruma Kai

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Best random colony system you've found?
« on: November 18, 2018, 02:49:59 PM »

Playing on iron man, getting sent back a few times to small fleets, I finally setup a colony in one good system I found.  I'm curious what people have found in terms of best planets and systems.

My first planet colonized was an Arid world, with 100% hazard rating (habitable + hot), rich farmland, sparse rare Ore, moderate Ore, trace volatiles, and common organics.

However, in the same system there are 2 more habitable planets, a water and jungle world:
Polution, water, extreme weather + habitable for 150% hazard with extensive ruins, poor farmland, sparse ore, trace volatiles, plentiful organics.

I figure thats my next stop for a Tech Mine.

The Jungle world is also 150% hazard due to habitable + low gravity + hot + extreme weather.  Adequate farmland, sparse Ore, common Organics.
So more food trade money?  Or do I cut into my own market share?

There's even a 225% hazard scattered ruins + Abundant rare ore + Moderate Ore planet in close solar orbit.

So what have people found?

Goumindong

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Best random colony system you've found?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2018, 03:16:27 PM »

Abundant Organics, Abundant Ore, Bountiful Farmland, Vast Ruins... 75% Hazard Rating... 1200 Value

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Best random colony system you've found?
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2018, 04:17:10 PM »

Water World (for Aquaculture and tons of food), Poor Farmland, Ultrarich Ore, Abundant (or so) Transplutonic Ore, Plentiful (or so) Organics, and Vast Ruins.  Vast Ruins had Medusa and Midline Pack blueprints.  175% hazard rating.  Also, the system had three stable points, but no Domain relays.  (I like my comm relays for stability and incoming news.)  The system is located close to the easternmost Hegemony system.

Even better, the nearest system north (from my class V colony) also has class IV and class V planets  (with more Vast Ruins, but only a single Domain Nav in the system, no more stables for comm relay), and the nearest system to the east has a class IV or V (terran eccentric, rich farmland).  I am waiting to build up enough funds to build another colony or two.  I want my empire!