Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Is it a good time to start a new game?  (Read 1547 times)

planeswalker

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Is it a good time to start a new game?
« on: November 17, 2018, 11:39:37 AM »

Or wait for any bug fixes?

Firstly congrats Alex on the 0.9 release , 1.0 should be close right?  ;D

Spoiler
Wed 12/12/2012 04:56
Qty Product  Description                                Price     Discount     Subtotal
1   65980000 Starfarer Preorder                      GBP 6.71     GBP 0.00     GBP 6.71

Shipping:   GBP 0.00
Sales tax:  GBP 1.34
Total bill: GBP 8.05
[close]

Money well spent I reckon, I didn't even notice the numbers align. Had to dig out that old email for the cdkey.

Anyhows, other than the bug reported in the other thread where you can colonise stars which your not supposed to, are there any major bugs that are encountered that need fixing or should I just start a game? I'm the type that puts in hours into a game and if there is a new patch that causes the old savegame to be incompatible I'd rather just wait.

Thanks

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
Re: Is it a good time to start a new game?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2018, 12:00:07 PM »

Currently the game is very playable (ie the most awesome freaking thing ever). I haven't run into anything game breaking and my empire is growing nicely!

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2018, 12:03:02 PM »

I'm the type that puts in hours into a game and if there is a new patch that causes the old savegame to be incompatible I'd rather just wait.

If this makes a difference: I'm going to do my best to ensure that the .9.1a release is save-compatible with .9a. That's not a promise or guarantee - something major that makes this impossible could come up - but I'd regard it as very likely that it will be compatible.

planeswalker

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2018, 04:40:46 PM »

Alrighty then, thanks for your work Alex, i'll go download the current version and see what happens.