Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 0.9a Lack of High tech ships in store  (Read 1876 times)

Algro

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
0.9a Lack of High tech ships in store
« on: November 17, 2018, 11:46:54 AM »

I've been playing for quite some time on the new release and I've been enjoying the worries that come with establishing a colony too early (those pirate stations are way too hard early on)

back on topic, as time went on, I got stuck in midgame without being able to find any high tech cruisers and not to say battleships in any military bases. I've only seen one Apogee with 3 (D) mods in the black market, but I didn't have the cash to purchase it at that point. This could be the case to build them ourselves, but this means spending heavily in salvaging tech and spend more time hoping for a high-tech blueprint and a Nanoforge (I only got the Nanoforge so far). My feeling is that 0.9a makes High tech ships much rarer, not only are they rare in the first place (Blueprints and limited sellers), the places that could sell a Paragon, for example, is not in a heavily populated planet making their spawn rate abysmal. This feels realistic and fitting to the background, but it does feel worrying for a high tech late game player.

Anyone else having trouble finding high tech blueprints and ships for sale? Could it be just my luck working its thing:P ?
« Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 12:16:24 PM by Algro »

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: 0.9a Lack of High tech ships in store
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2018, 01:05:56 PM »

While I have not found high-tech ships aside from Wolf on sale, I found a Medusa blueprint (and midline booster card pack) on the water world I colonized.  The blueprints are out there to be looted.  I guess luck is a factor.

Dexy

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2018, 01:18:50 PM »

I think you're supposed to go out and search for blueprints.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2018, 01:21:59 PM »

One other point: you're more likely to find good combat ships on the open market now, though they'll have more d-mods than average for that colony. Still, if you're looking for a specific ship, you're generally not going to have a great time, since there's just no guaranteed that specific ship will be available somewhere. If you're looking for "something high tech" then a bit of time in TriTach space (perhaps doing delivery missions) should see you sorted.

Igncom1

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2018, 01:26:39 PM »

It does kinda seem like if you aren't picking up commissions for access to faction stores, then producing the ships yourself might be the next best step.

Although I will note that I have seen far far better ship availability from civilian markets this patch. Often defunct but access to a wider range of stuff.

I'd also highly recommend going an exploring, not just for blue prints but also for salvageable ships.
Spoiler
In my current game I have salvaged 4 14th battlefleet Legion battlecarriers. 1 without any D's, two with one D, and one with two D's. Came in handy when the Diktat sent a huge death fleet to raid my tundra capital world.
[close]

Now I make so much money from my colonies I can just fund endless exploration and military sorties to explore, expand, exploit, and exterminate!
Sunders are the best ship in the game.

DuBtlp

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2018, 02:51:32 PM »

I have a question on this -- I started my first playthrough last night and was making great progress building up a big blob of ships by recovering enemy ships as I fought pirates etc, and was excited as I'd just gotten my first cruiser and maxed out Hedgemony standing.

When I started the game up again this morning I wanted to see what more I could collect and what I could buy from military, but couldn't find an option to buy ships anywhere at any Hedgemony military stations, and during my playing for another 6 hours today the game seems to have removed the option to recover enemy ships after battles.

What am I doing wrong? My fleet is getting slowly whittled down and I can't figure out how to get new ships anymore!

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2018, 03:43:19 PM »

One other point: you're more likely to find good combat ships on the open market now, though they'll have more d-mods than average for that colony. Still, if you're looking for a specific ship, you're generally not going to have a great time, since there's just no guaranteed that specific ship will be available somewhere. If you're looking for "something high tech" then a bit of time in TriTach space (perhaps doing delivery missions) should see you sorted.
I noticed that.  Bought a Falcon (D) from Hegemony Open Market, and it helped save my fledgling colony from a pirate raid.  Later, that same Falcon solo'ed a pirate station where the raid came from.  Now I am about 150k richer and ready to make my colony bigger.

It is nice that more combat ships are accessible in Open Market.