Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12

Author Topic: [OUTDATED] MagicLib  (Read 536695 times)

mora

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1] MagicLib v0.30 (2021/02/11)
« Reply #75 on: March 12, 2021, 10:43:23 PM »

Apparently the current version of MagicLib affects some mod weapons which it shouldn't and makes projectiles curve depending on which direction the ship is moving in. The weapons I found to be affected are the Edict Stormblaster from Arsenal Expansion and the Plasma Flamer from SWP.

All the ships in the picture are strafing to the right.
 The left hammerhead is with MagicLib on and the middle is without. The right is the Edict Stormblaster with MagicLib on, and I cannot get a screenshot without because Arsenal Expansion requires MagicLib. Both weapons are severely impacted and the Edict is pretty much useless because the AI doesn't expect any of that curving.
Ship/Weapon pack doesn't require MagicLib so I am assuming it doesn't use any features, yet is affected.
Arsenal Expansion was last updated on 2020/01/05 while MagicLib 0.30 was updated on 2021/02/11 so it shouldn't be using some feature that wasn't released yet at the time.
Reverting to 0.29 fixes both problems.
So I am pretty sure this is a bug regarding the new jitter feature added, unless it is some kind of intentional sabotage which sadly tends to happen in modding from time to time.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2021, 10:52:07 PM by mora »

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 13, 2021, 12:10:30 AM »

Fixed another small mistake related to trails that make projectiles inherit the firing ship's velocity with each new segment.

Download available here

unless it is some kind of intentional sabotage which sadly tends to happen in modding from time to time.
Really? That's where your mind goes when finding a bug???

mora

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 13, 2021, 01:35:57 AM »

unless it is some kind of intentional sabotage which sadly tends to happen in modding from time to time.
Really? That's where your mind goes when finding a bug???
Sorry I didn't mean to be too serious nor I was trying to make you uncomfortable in any way.
It's just that the "lets you play the game but screws it up in subtle ways" behavior really reminded me of those kind of things.

ddbb07

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 13, 2021, 08:09:23 AM »

Your forgot to change the version number in the version file

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1] MagicLib v0.32rc2 (2021/03/27)
« Reply #79 on: March 27, 2021, 07:06:15 AM »

Here is a first update for Starsector 0.95a, hopefully it won't require any hotfixes but at least other mods can keep work on their own updates. MagicUI is probably completely broken due to the UI scaling, but I cannot test it until I update a few other mods.

To modders:

A LOT of methods that received incrementally more complex declarations as more features were added over the part two years have been deprecated. Most methods in MagicRender and MagicTrailPlugin now only have two (three with the OpenGL blending options) declarations possible.

I strongly advise to activate the compilation warnings in your IDE to know which ones you are using and fix those issues before I remove them entirely.

Notable ones:
MagicAutoTrail: the default magicTrail file is now data/config/modFiles/magicTrail_data.csv, if you want to keep the file elsewhere, you can register the path in modSettings.json
MagicRender: all methods now have flicker and jitter controls (add 0,0,0,0,0 where needed)
MagicTrailAdvanced: added Combat layers and proj speed mult
MagicAnim: has a whole new set of methods with more explicit names and improved performances

Please take the time to read and maybe contribute to these wiki and threads about MagicSettings and mod incompatibilities
https://starsector.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Modding
http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=19790

The documentation on the Wiki page is mostly up to date if you need it:
https://starsector.fandom.com/wiki/MagicLib#MagicSettings

« Last Edit: March 27, 2021, 10:02:56 AM by Tartiflette »

starbow

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] MagicLib v0.32rc2 (2021/03/27)
« Reply #80 on: April 01, 2021, 02:01:09 PM »

Having an issue with MagicUI.drawInterfaceStatusBar, the bar appears offset from the rest of the bars:

Went into missions and loaded up the Balisong from seeker and it looks fine there. It is always offset the same no matter how many weapons and weapon groups there are.

I guess I should add I am on 95RC12 and have UI scale set to 100% with antialiasing disabled, resolution 2560*1440 and downloaded the latest magiclib to make sure that was not the issue either.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2021, 02:26:49 PM by starbow »

starbow

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 01, 2021, 04:02:00 PM »

Ok actually figured it out. Two of the weapons have different IDs but the same name. The panel was collapsing them together based on their name, but it looks like the Magic bar just cares about unique IDs.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 01, 2021, 10:27:47 PM »

As mentioned in might post right above, MagicUI will have issues, and not just this one because UI scaling is messing with it too.

Joyvankek

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 02, 2021, 05:16:56 AM »

The latest version cause error and a crash for me.

Does anyone know how to fix that?
I also disabled other mods to make sure nothing else is possibly causing this error.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 02, 2021, 07:19:35 AM »

You are using MagicLib for the 0.95a version of the game on an outdated 0.9.1a installation.

Joyvankek

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 04, 2021, 03:08:21 AM »

Yup, found out there was actually an game update shortly after posting it. Anyway, ty for reply and hi to you and rest of the Starsector community!

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] MagicLib v0.33rc1 (2021/04/05)
« Reply #86 on: April 05, 2021, 12:13:01 PM »

Fixing up a few mistakes made during the rushed update for Starsector 0.95a.

MagicUI should resize properly with UI scaling,     
    Fixed some mistakes with MagicCampaign fleet officers creation     
    Added support for 0.95a skills to MagicCampaign officers and fleets creation tools.

Please note that this will fix the crash when looting Seeker's bosses but only for new games, not existing ones.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2021, 06:49:09 AM by Tartiflette »

frozentoes

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] MagicLib v0.33rc1 (2021/04/05)
« Reply #87 on: April 05, 2021, 01:07:09 PM »

The download links still appear to point to 0.32 RC2, from March 27th.

Edit: By digging around Tartiflette's Patreon, I was able to find the new post with the new version of MagicLib.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2021, 06:03:25 PM by frozentoes »

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] MagicLib v0.34rc2 (2021/04/29)
« Reply #88 on: April 29, 2021, 12:35:13 PM »

Big thanks to Originem that went through all of the MagicTrails code and thoroughly bugfixed and optimized it. Here is the changelog:

MagicRender: Singleframe render is now maintained while the game is paused
Magic UI: Should be displayed sharp at 100% UI scaling
MagicTrail:
   - Now properly supports texture scrolling whether the source is moving or not.
   - Now supports one-time random texture offsets.
   - Now supports per-segment texture offsets.
   - MagicTrail.csv updated with a random trail offset boolean.
   - Big thanks to Originem for fixing the scrolling issue as well as doing a massive optimization work, and making these new features possible.
MagicLensFlare: createSmoothFlare() temporarily deprecated due to changes in 0.95 breaking them.

Added some test plugin to add depth to combat nebulae. Disabled by default due to its jankyness, but can be enabled in the settings if you so desire.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] MagicLib v0.40rc1 (2021/12/11)
« Reply #89 on: December 11, 2021, 10:16:06 AM »

MagicLib is getting its largest update to date with the introduction of Magic Bounties! The culmination of 7 months (!) of work with Wisp, with the help of Schaf-Unshaf, Rubi and many other contributors.

This feature when enabled adds a new "Unsanctioned bounty board" to most bars, that offers unique story-driven bounties with special ships and devious fleets to defeat. If you are familiar with them, you can imagine a blend of IBBs and HVBs with a lot more knobs and switches for modders to play with.

While this framework is quite versatile, it is also extremely easy to use, with no requirement  for code or for dealing with the dreaded rules.csv. Any mod can add their own bounties that will be offered where and when they are needed.

Feature list:
  • Plain text setup (no code required)
  • Choose where and when the bounty will show up. You can setup anything for time threshold, player level, player fleet size, specific market, faction, relationship threshold, finished a previous bounty and more.
  • Write all the text you want to setup the situation, the characters involved and everyone's motivation, customize the com reply and even add some closure after the bounty is completed.
  • Precisely define your target's character, their Flagship and their fleet, or rely on procedural generation to fill gaps and increase re-playability.     
  • Define if and how much the bounty and its reward should get scaled to the player level and fleet.
  • Define as precisely as you want where the target will be located, and how it will behave.
  • Setup mod requirements for cross-mod bounties, take advantage of the variant loader to avoid crashes from missing content when making fleets and variants from multiple mods.
  • Tons of other small things ( guaranteed flagship recovery, automatically fire scripts when the bounty is taken/completed to add further consequences or rewards, define how much information is available to the player, etc)

Finally, if you don't have the Vayra's Sector mod or disabled its HVB feature, those unique bounties will be automatically converted into Magic Bounties.

In addition to this massive new feature, there is also the usual assortment of bug-fixes and tweaks to existing functions.

Changelog
Added MagicBounty framework, a highly customizable yet easy to implement system to add unique story-driven bounties to a board present in bars.
Huge thanks to Wisp that did the bulk of the work, to Schaf-Unschaf and Rubi for their contributions.

Added a merged "occupied" system themes list to MagicSetting, for finding suitable places where to spawn exploration content. Currently adds all the Remnant tags, Blade-Breaker, OCI and Plague-Bearer tags.

MagicRender: Fixed issue where sprite flickering was applied incorrectly.
MagicLensFlare: Now uses the "visual only" API.
MagicSettings: Improved error messages with the lines where the issue is if possible.
MagicTargeting: Added the option to exclude flares from missile picks.
MagicCampaign: Many small improvement to the logic of nearly all functions. Better checks for suitable systems, more coherent fleet spawning, Fleet quality is now a thing, made a lot of parameter nullable for procgen filler...
MagicUI: the widgets texts can be null to be ignored, same for numbers if they are negative.
[close]

While it may take a while for a lot of mods to start adding their own bounties, you can already look for the release of an update to Seeker as well as this new community-source bounty pack mod to start populating this board later today.

Always DELETE the old version before extracting the new one
Requires LazyLib
« Last Edit: December 11, 2021, 10:19:38 AM by Tartiflette »

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12