Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: [0.95a] Another Portrait Pack v1.4  (Read 271094 times)

IonDragonX

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Another Portrait Pack v1.4
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2021, 06:20:00 AM »

hey hey!

Quick question: is it possible to simply delete the portraits I don't like, or does simply deleting the graphic files cause problems? Is there more to it than that?
If you already have a campaign going using this mod, don't delete any files. The game has probably assigned the characters to a portrait. It will crash when the portrait is called but is deleted.

siegthevictor

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2021, 08:47:23 PM »

Is there a way to access older versions of this mod? I really like the portraits, but i havent tried to use 1.4 on .91 since i assume it wont work.

atreg

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2021, 08:25:09 PM »

Is there a way to access older versions of this mod? I really like the portraits, but i havent tried to use 1.4 on .91 since i assume it wont work.
I don't keep older versions lying around, unfortunately. Nothing about how the game handles portraits was changed between 0.91 and 0.95, so I don't see why the latest version wouldn't work for previous patches.

Harik

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2022, 04:42:41 AM »

hey hey!

Quick question: is it possible to simply delete the portraits I don't like, or does simply deleting the graphic files cause problems? Is there more to it than that?
If you already have a campaign going using this mod, don't delete any files. The game has probably assigned the characters to a portrait. It will crash when the portrait is called but is deleted.

I would assume that you would also have to delete the portrait reference from the faction files so that it didn't try and call a deleted portrait?

Nekauss

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2023, 07:13:31 AM »

Hi, sorry to post on an old post, love the portraits, but i can't seem to make the mod work with the new version

atreg

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2023, 06:49:42 PM »

Hi, sorry to post on an old post, love the portraits, but i can't seem to make the mod work with the new version
I haven't officially updated this for the latest game version yet, but it's simple enough to fix yourself. Just open up "mod_info.json" in the main mod folder and change the game version to 0.96a.

Coil

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2023, 10:54:20 PM »

When you're editing the mod_info.json, open it with notepad/notepad++ (or a similar program) and then save it. Just change the version to the current one "0.96a" should work fine

Yasawatse

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2023, 07:55:39 PM »

I am curious though, did you do the sprite work yourself or was it assisted AI generation? I definitely prefer this art style to vanilla.

atreg

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2023, 06:23:11 PM »

I am curious though, did you do the sprite work yourself or was it assisted AI generation? I definitely prefer this art style to vanilla.
These were all images I found online. As it was quite a while ago, I doubt they were AI generated, but I don't have a way to confirm that.

Yasawatse

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2023, 09:31:56 PM »

OwO Then i have some legwork to do. I prefer this style to vanilla portraits. They just seem.. off to me.

facc00

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2023, 05:07:43 PM »

Any chance to bring this one up to date even though nothing is broke.

update it wont let me enable it even rip lol

robepriority

• Captain
  • robepriority#2626
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 03, 2023, 07:21:53 AM »

As atreg stated below:

I haven't officially updated this for the latest game version yet, but it's simple enough to fix yourself. Just open up "mod_info.json" in the main mod folder and change the game version to 0.96a

facc00

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2023, 01:29:35 PM »

As atreg stated below:

I haven't officially updated this for the latest game version yet, but it's simple enough to fix yourself. Just open up "mod_info.json" in the main mod folder and change the game version to 0.96a

Got it thanks!  :)

mortache

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2023, 07:32:18 AM »

Hey is it possible to use this just for my main character, but not have it show up for NPCs? Or maybe the recruitable NPCs but not the ones in other factions?

Sorry this is my first time portrait modding
Pages: 1 2 [3]