Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 50

Author Topic: [0.96-RC8] Legacy of Arkgneisis 1.9.12 [5/12/23]  (Read 581924 times)

N0LL

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Legacy of Arkgneisis 1.9.11 [12/20/21]
« Reply #675 on: December 02, 2022, 01:06:06 AM »

This may seem difficult to explain but the faction that you made really felt like it was for me.

The blue color of the ships and seeing the acronym ARS looked like a coincidence and that to my idea of that acronym originated during my childhood days (maybe I'm not the only one) but at least you made it what it stands for because to me it is use to stands for Alpha Raze Squadron or ARSenals and it's a bit goofy tbh for a generation like this today.

The backstory about the ARS is way different to me and is that the ARS is known to be a militaristic rebels who are fighting against the Imperial Federation due to their abuse of power. but then the ARS got aided by the Terran Federation because the Imperials are Terran's enemies.

There are many factions that I made such as the Deserters which is like Idoneus but their ships uses time manipulation as they go behind them during dogfights and the Rogue Army which is definitely Apex Design Collective but gone rogue. Also I don't mean that I steal or stole it from y'all or vice versa but from what I'm saying is that it is almost coincidental.

The tech of the ARS is also different which in fact that they're op (especially to most factions that are also in steroids) as most of their armaments are like "advanced" and "devastating" also as if they've got everything what they needed.
But for the downsides when it's overused they will ran out of energy when they rely too much on the stronger armaments and it takes a bit of time to recharge like in a few minutes.

That's all I could say and thanks for the mod and I love the designs and I wasted hours typing about this.

Mahazkei

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: December 29, 2022, 03:01:47 PM »

After a few months of playing with the ARS, and adding new mods, I found out what the true strength of the ARS is.

Those of you who have read even a fraction of my posts know I get them lengthy, so I'll TL;DR it for you.

A way - not the definitive way, but a consistent way - to get more value out of each ship, reduce your losses using them, and increase enemy losses, is to play to their weaknesses.

ARS ships have weak flux stats, but a fair amount of OP to fit weapons. Rather than fitting weapons that cost a lot of OP and flux to fire, fit mid-cost weapons like their own Bulldog Autocannon, and the vanilla Heavy Autocannon, which are near mirrors of each other.

Spend the rest of the OP on PD, hullmods to reduce recoil and otherwise improve weapon performance and defenses, any remaining OP would be best spent on their dissipation, and you have an excellent standoff fleet that is difficult to approach without sustaining heavy losses for little if any gain.

They have a higher speed than usual, use it to keep distance favorable, both pursuing and maintaining, and dig your heels in whenever your opponent pushes with only partial strength. Kite them when they push all in, and chip away at their furthest elements until their push wears out, or wears down entirely.

Early on, a well-fit Donovan will stand its ground against most fleets without fail, sometimes even on its own, and two can cover each other like a binary of [VERY REDACTED].

Middle and late game, an Alastair can swat fighters with the same efficacy as it can hold off another capital, or prevent its retreat, through it's Web.

Late game, a Gaillard is unmatched with consistency and weight of fire by all but the most broken or OP ships out there. It lives up to its name as the Strength of the ARS.

All the while, Victorias will prove valuable as mainline destroyers, or guided missile support craft, and  the rarer but equally valuable Osmond will do what the Alastair can at slightly diminished effectiveness, but at a fraction of the cost.

Lyons built as the tankiest of all ARS cruisers will singlehandedly hold or delay offensives against the rest of your fleet, and be an omnipresent force on the battlefield.

Kings are, for their weight, unmatched against stations, heavily armored capitals, and the occasional trash rush of small destroyers and frigates, and are your premier siege platforms against such targets when you can't spare the capital ships to smash them flat.

I have found my perfect builds for these ships, and I know their true strength as parity fighters.

Lyanden

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: December 29, 2022, 07:59:59 PM »

fully agree with your assessment. good job wording that out

Mikomikomiko

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • Kitbash album. Not a modder, just a bote maker :P
« Reply #678 on: December 29, 2022, 08:10:19 PM »

fully agree with your assessment. good job wording that out

Same here, can't count the number of times Lyons have held the line for weaker flanks

Siffrin

• Captain
  • Thermal Signature Detected
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: January 11, 2023, 03:13:40 PM »

Space vikings is an amazing addition and the mobile base is super cool. Any chance that we would be able to pay them to attack other factions?
Gods most reckless Odyssey captain.

Killsode

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: January 24, 2023, 03:51:18 PM »

I just noticed how LoA ships engines have subtle thrust vectoring visuals, and i've got to say the more i play with and look at their ships i cant help but appreciate them. You've made a damn good mod and i eagerly await what you have next.

Burn Bright Gwyvern!

RoquetheRogue

• Commander
  • personal text.
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: January 25, 2023, 10:05:04 AM »

Why can't the Society own any markets? I instigated a rebellion in Garnir (cuz thats always the freebie) and the Society simply abandoned it once they've won.
A mind that opens itself to a new idea never returns to it's original size.

Killian

• Commander
  • I got 99 problems but a core breach ain't one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: January 26, 2023, 01:12:24 PM »

Why can't the Society own any markets? I instigated a rebellion in Garnir (cuz thats always the freebie) and the Society simply abandoned it once they've won.

As I understand it it's a thematic thing because they're pseudo-pirates in execution/operation, and aren't interested in holding permanent territory outside of a handful of secret bases and the Anargaia itself. They're not here to plant flags and make claims.

RoquetheRogue

• Commander
  • personal text.
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: January 27, 2023, 04:20:08 AM »

As I understand it it's a thematic thing because they're pseudo-pirates in execution/operation, and aren't interested in holding permanent territory outside of a handful of secret bases and the Anargaia itself. They're not here to plant flags and make claims.

That said, they abandoned IT, COMPLETELY SATURATED it. That's good to know I'll just claim it for myself next time, but holy ***.

Killsode

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: January 27, 2023, 05:23:20 AM »

yeah i think its been stated a few times that they should probably turn them into independent markets or somesuch

RoquetheRogue

• Commander
  • personal text.
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: January 27, 2023, 09:11:34 AM »

yeah i think its been stated a few times that they should probably turn them into independent markets or somesuch

Or just give it to the player faction itself, didn't have time to even go there to buy governorship or take it for myself before it got blown up, even contacts got killed off  ;D

Trinary0

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: February 20, 2023, 03:27:34 PM »

Any chance that someone can modify the faction bases to get detected like pirate/Luddic bases? I don't see why they should be any more exempt from detection than other similar factions, and if they annoy me enough, I'd rather not be forced to scour the entire rim for them. The ships are pretty neat though.

Ruddygreat

• Admiral
  • Seals :^)
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: February 21, 2023, 02:06:10 AM »

Any chance that someone can modify the faction bases to get detected like pirate/Luddic bases? I don't see why they should be any more exempt from detection than other similar factions, and if they annoy me enough, I'd rather not be forced to scour the entire rim for them. The ships are pretty neat though.

if you have good relations with the ARS, you get informed about new bases as they pop up.
you can also find them by talking to drunkards in bars, though they're not the most reliable source of information.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2023, 09:45:08 AM by Ruddygreat »

Trinary0

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: February 21, 2023, 09:29:32 AM »

if you have good relations with the ARS, you get informed about new bases as they pop up.
you can also find them by talking to drunkard in bars, though they're not te most reliable source of information.

I don't have the best relationship with them this playthrough. They allied with the Pirates and Oculans so I'm having to push rope to chastise them when they cause me trouble. I'll check the bars though and see what I can find.

Ajourus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: March 11, 2023, 04:35:47 PM »

so what came first
the elizabeth in starmade
or the mod
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 50