Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 50

Author Topic: [0.96-RC8] Legacy of Arkgneisis 1.9.12 [5/12/23]  (Read 582137 times)

Big Bee

• Commander
  • bugs are cool
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Legacy of Arkgneisis 1.9.11 [12/20/21]
« Reply #660 on: November 19, 2022, 05:47:33 PM »

Spoiler
You will probably be reasonably happy with the end result!
[close]

Spoiler
I fixed up the ?????? cruiser, and found a ??? frigate since. Are these ever supposed to get proper names? I thought they'd get them after getting restored but they still only have question marks instead of a name. I even visited ARS systems to see if there was an event in the bar or something. I even found an arguably more mysterious ship which did have a name.
[close]

SuiSide

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: November 19, 2022, 08:08:20 PM »

Hi, awesome mod i love those ships, but does its abandoned, same as game? i joined week ago and im not sure if modders still update/add more content to their mods, same with game developer, if yes then any chances that u will add gaillard battleship into blueprints so i can craft them?

the game's still getting worked on, updates are just slow (hell, here's a tweet from the dev from 2 days ago)

same for the mod- though I don't know anything too specific, the next update will be a big one so it's also taking a while.
as for making the gaillard buildable, go into the mod's /data/hulls/ship_data.csv and remove "no_bp_drop" and give it "rare_bp" instead, I doubt that the main mod will make it buildable because of the lore behind it.

Woo thanks for that tip, glad to hear that game is not dead, but to be honest its look that way, he/they (developer/s) should put this finally on steam and get a nice amount of money cuz game is awesome, its should even work with coop/pvp (but yeah  i know we gonna not propably see this in our life time) But still thanks to answer, i love those ships, but a faction not specially i like to create my faction with my colony at the start but i love to use this ships and weapons ( but more weapons would be awesome :D ) So no gaillard in bp was pretty hard to me, in one save i can bought them all the time in anargia, and in another save i didnt see this any time and im dont know why but if its because lore then i can understand this :D
Sorry for my bad english and greetings.

Ruddygreat

• Admiral
  • Seals :^)
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: November 20, 2022, 08:38:43 AM »

<my previous post>

Woo thanks for that tip, glad to hear that game is not dead, but to be honest its look that way, he/they (developer/s) should put this finally on steam and get a nice amount of money cuz game is awesome, its should even work with coop/pvp (but yeah  i know we gonna not propably see this in our life time) But still thanks to answer, i love those ships, but a faction not specially i like to create my faction with my colony at the start but i love to use this ships and weapons ( but more weapons would be awesome :D ) So no gaillard in bp was pretty hard to me, in one save i can bought them all the time in anargia, and in another save i didnt see this any time and im dont know why but if its because lore then i can understand this :D
Sorry for my bad english and greetings.

ah yeah, the gaillard will only appear in reparations society markets once enough of their random bases have spawned (I think they need 5 & it includes anargaia, though I've not checked), since they spawn randomly it can be annoyingly inconsistent, but it'll usually happen eventually

Gwyvern

• Captain
  • I build ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: November 20, 2022, 07:44:59 PM »

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
I fixed up the ?????? cruiser, and found a ??? frigate since. Are these ever supposed to get proper names? I thought they'd get them after getting restored but they still only have question marks instead of a name. I even visited ARS systems to see if there was an event in the bar or something. I even found an arguably more mysterious ship which did have a name.
[close]

They have proper names alright, Just not ones that will appear in game until LoA 2.0, whenever I get back to working on that.

There's also a lot more of them:
« Last Edit: November 20, 2022, 07:50:20 PM by Gwyvern »

Killian

• Commander
  • I got 99 problems but a core breach ain't one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: November 20, 2022, 08:03:03 PM »

Ho ho. I recognize a few of those silhouettes, but goodness me is that a lineup and a half to look forward to. I especially like the two in the lower left!

Big Bee

• Commander
  • bugs are cool
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: November 21, 2022, 03:28:29 AM »

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

They have proper names alright, Just not ones that will appear in game until LoA 2.0, whenever I get back to working on that.

Oh sick, can't wait! I can't believe I waited this long to give this mod a proper try. I'm definitely very eager to learn more about the different "Initiatives".

Ruddygreat

• Admiral
  • Seals :^)
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: November 21, 2022, 09:55:49 AM »

ngl I might be more hyped for this update than the next vanilla update

also huh, those capitals are chunky lads, it took me a solid minute to find the elaymn because "it's a relatively big cruiser, right?"

Gwyvern

• Captain
  • I build ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: November 21, 2022, 08:25:38 PM »

Do temper your expectations, 90% of what you see here has been Done for over a year at this point, my life just hasn't lent itself much to progress as of late.

Killsode

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: November 22, 2022, 02:16:57 AM »

Do temper your expectations, 90% of what you see here has been Done for over a year at this point, my life just hasn't lent itself much to progress as of late.

Well while i and many more are even more eager to see what you've got in the works, i think we all very much understand the last few years have been hectic for just about everyone, oh boy are we living in interesting times. but we understand, take your time and tend to the things that really matter, mods can wait.

Burn bright!

Lanius

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: November 22, 2022, 04:35:11 AM »

While we wait for new starsector update and updates for our favourite mods, let me show you this little thing. As long as I have no knowledge or ability for starsector modding, I do instead some Doom modding. And for my little wad I wanted an original enemy, so I chose starsector marine in ARS colors, because Im in love with this design in general and I especially like marine portraits for LOA.
This is it.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Gwyvern

• Captain
  • I build ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: November 22, 2022, 07:07:37 PM »

While we wait for new starsector update and updates for our favourite mods, let me show you this little thing. As long as I have no knowledge or ability for starsector modding, I do instead some Doom modding. And for my little wad I wanted an original enemy, so I chose starsector marine in ARS colors, because Im in love with this design in general and I especially like marine portraits for LOA.
This is it.

This is very cool thank you!

Killian

• Commander
  • I got 99 problems but a core breach ain't one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: November 22, 2022, 07:23:38 PM »

I'm not sure if that's better or worse to hear, knowing they're almost done but not quite ready... :D

At least you can rest assured that people are looking forward to getting to play around with the things you're making. I hope things settle down and go smoothly either way!

Orangeinc

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: November 28, 2022, 09:11:17 PM »

Is there a lore reason that the faction fleets as a player become unstaffable without other faction ships if there is 1 decent sized ship with faulty automated systems? I am running into the funny situation where my ship complement have to commute to work on another ship since very few can hold enough crew to actually run the ship.

WolfPriest

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: November 29, 2022, 05:12:36 PM »

I supported this mod when it was still young, and I'm glad it's finally getting the recognition it deserves.

Gwyvern

• Captain
  • I build ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: December 01, 2022, 04:19:30 AM »

Is there a lore reason that the faction fleets as a player become unstaffable without other faction ships if there is 1 decent sized ship with faulty automated systems? I am running into the funny situation where my ship complement have to commute to work on another ship since very few can hold enough crew to actually run the ship.

An unintended side effect, but these ships were designed by people who had scant manpower to spare, and as such automated things to a fault wherever possible. The end result was fewer required crew, and less space for crew.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 50