Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 50

Author Topic: [0.96-RC8] Legacy of Arkgneisis 1.9.12 [5/12/23]  (Read 582044 times)

Kiith

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Legacy of Arkgneisis 1.9.10 [6/1/21]
« Reply #495 on: July 27, 2021, 05:09:38 AM »

Ah, that's it. Haven't restored it yet, and wasn't going to if it didn't have that ability. Cheers.

Gwyvern

• Captain
  • I build ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: July 27, 2021, 03:09:24 PM »

Ah, that's it. Haven't restored it yet, and wasn't going to if it didn't have that ability. Cheers.

How could the Champion Lancer have possibly been your favorite ship earlier if you didn't know that you needed to restore it? You've always needed to restore it to get full functionality.

Kiith

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: July 28, 2021, 07:31:19 AM »

I restored it in an earlier play through, just didn't realise it needed to be restored before you got that ability. Figured it was on the damaged version as well.

idiotekque

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: August 04, 2021, 11:16:02 PM »

Hmm, getting this error popup and crash when I try to launch while Arkgneisis is activated.

Any ideas? Seems like it's not finding an audio file? A bit confusing. I think I have everything up to date.

Gwyvern

• Captain
  • I build ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: August 05, 2021, 02:40:38 PM »

Hmm, getting this error popup and crash when I try to launch while Arkgneisis is activated.

Any ideas? Seems like it's not finding an audio file? A bit confusing. I think I have everything up to date.

It's not loading a music file, sounds like a botched installation.

Delete the mod from your files and redownload it.

idiotekque

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: August 05, 2021, 03:23:10 PM »

It's not loading a music file, sounds like a botched installation.

Delete the mod from your files and redownload it.
Gosh, should have thought of that myself. Thanks, all good!

KDR_11k

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: August 06, 2021, 01:02:04 AM »

The full un-field-repairable set of d-mods on every Exodus ship you find through exploration feels really excessive, it's not so much of an issue for exploration-only ships but when they're ships that the Society still uses? Makes recovering them almost worthless since they cost so much more to repair than to buy new (or smash some Society fleets for drops). The story justification is fine for an occasional ship but you'd think that the modern Society would lose ships out there too so the majority of what you find should be newer vintage.

Gwyvern

• Captain
  • I build ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: August 06, 2021, 03:51:30 PM »

The full un-field-repairable set of d-mods on every Exodus ship you find through exploration feels really excessive, it's not so much of an issue for exploration-only ships but when they're ships that the Society still uses? Makes recovering them almost worthless since they cost so much more to repair than to buy new (or smash some Society fleets for drops). The story justification is fine for an occasional ship but you'd think that the modern Society would lose ships out there too so the majority of what you find should be newer vintage.

The newer vintage ships are handled the same way all derelict ships are handled, check areas where the society does battle.

The ones you find out in space are just teasers and lore hints, they aren't really meant to be useful, and they are anything but new.

KDR_11k

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: August 07, 2021, 12:58:32 AM »

The newer vintage ships are handled the same way all derelict ships are handled, check areas where the society does battle.

The ones you find out in space are just teasers and lore hints, they aren't really meant to be useful, and they are anything but new.

Yeah but I get the sense that a lot of the pre-placed ships in the outer sector are meant to be remains of explorers and scavengers of more recent vintage (or ships lost in hyperspace battles that settled into those places), not just ancient ships so there should be some nearly functional ones out there. You certainly find so many Society ships out there that having them all be junk is pretty annoying. I can get the lore if I find 2-3 ships like that, not dozens.

Gwyvern

• Captain
  • I build ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: August 07, 2021, 05:30:09 AM »

Yeah but I get the sense that a lot of the pre-placed ships in the outer sector are meant to be remains of explorers and scavengers of more recent vintage (or ships lost in hyperspace battles that settled into those places), not just ancient ships so there should be some nearly functional ones out there. You certainly find so many Society ships out there that having them all be junk is pretty annoying. I can get the lore if I find 2-3 ships like that, not dozens.

Thats because you don't have all the pieces of the puzzle.

Coil

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: August 16, 2021, 02:13:25 AM »

I love how unpredictable the faction is! Really keeps the campaign spicy! Thank you for making this great mod!

ArbuzBudesh

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: August 16, 2021, 02:47:09 AM »

Being playing with the mod recently, generally love faction roster, though factory ship seems to be reliant on player control to be efficient, ai seems to handle missile forging only half-efficiently.
Tried different ballistic\energy weapon setups to keep ship from tryin to engage too close or too long, shorter range often puts its in danger, while longer range weapons take priority over missile production. Also ship really likes to vent during missile forging without finishing the process fully. No idea if its even possible to fix those issues due AI in vanilla was never taught this style of ship.

But its quite hilarious to watch 8 sabot racks with expanded racks salvo, which completely disables pr much all cruisers, sadly in combat its less usefull since low priority ships will often force to use ammunition which ship struggles to replenish in timely manner.

Other than that think rest of roster is amazing, even have niches for Fox. Currently trying to get hands on a capital ship.

Gwyvern

• Captain
  • I build ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: August 16, 2021, 05:46:27 AM »

Thank you, I'm glad you're all enjoying it.

Technically speaking though, the Donovan IS a capital ship :P

Hiroyan495

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: August 22, 2021, 06:56:53 AM »

At first I thought this mod just adds cool ships and a strange home world, consisting of a giant ark. Then I realized they have relationship based AoE effect in the campaign map on their system.

Thought that was it, yeah, scary, but as long as I defeat the ark in question it won't be an issue right? ...Right?

But then I learned the meaning of fear.

You really nailed that deep space horror aspect of being... ya know. I love your work.

Coil

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: August 22, 2021, 09:59:40 PM »

Thought that was it, yeah, scary, but as long as I defeat the ark in question it won't be an issue right? ...Right?

But then I learned the meaning of fear.

You really nailed that deep space horror aspect of being... ya know. I love your work.

I have no idea what you're talking about and I am now VERY excited to find out
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 50