Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 50

Author Topic: [0.96-RC8] Legacy of Arkgneisis 1.9.12 [5/12/23]  (Read 582028 times)

Gwyvern

• Captain
  • I build ships.
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Legacy of Arkgneisis 1.9.9 [5/26/21]
« Reply #465 on: June 01, 2021, 02:50:05 AM »

Nex random sector comes with an entirely separate set of support requirements on the backend, and as of the economy rework of 1.8, is no longer strictly required by large sections of the playerbase for performance reasons, so setting it up to work in Nex random mode did not seem worth the investment as opposed to making sure the faction is minimally compatible with it.

Gwyvern

• Captain
  • I build ships.
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Legacy of Arkgneisis 1.9.10 [6/1/21]
« Reply #466 on: June 01, 2021, 02:53:00 AM »

Version 1.9.10
I cannot guarantee the save compatibility of this update.

- Fixes ships spawned by Anargaia in combat not registering as having belonged to the Society in after action reports.

- Fixes an issue where a faction capturing ARS procedural bases in Nexerelin would cause the faction in question to respawn once per day until that market was destroyed.

DOWNLOAD

Nilands

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: June 01, 2021, 09:50:27 AM »

No more respawn spam!

Jade Tendency

• Lieutenant
  • Fourth Olympus
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: June 02, 2021, 03:59:38 AM »

It works now but it seems like ARS is wiped out every time one of their bases are taken out and then they respawn.

In other news, I'm in love.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pdEZg292Ao
« Last Edit: June 02, 2021, 09:04:10 AM by Jade Tendency »

Gwyvern

• Captain
  • I build ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: June 02, 2021, 02:15:36 PM »

It works now but it seems like ARS is wiped out every time one of their bases are taken out and then they respawn.

In other news, I'm in love.

This is a limitation on how Nex functions, most Society bases are actually hidden, which do not count for Nex interactions, when their HQ is destroyed, another of their hidden bases will begin upgrading into the new HQ, which will become un-hidden, thus "respawning" the faction.

the only way to wipe them out for good is to eliminate all of their markets, because as long as there is an HQ active, they will eventually start building new markets.

Killian

• Commander
  • I got 99 problems but a core breach ain't one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: June 04, 2021, 10:54:01 AM »

Finally getting around to using some more actual-ARS hardware in my current run and I have to say I'm enjoying the Macnamara. Those Shield Lances are some feisty pieces of hardware!

I think my only complaint at this point is that there aren't a whole lot of ships with large mounts, and the large weapons ARS does have seem fairly tricky to get ahold of even with (ir)regular visits to Anargaia. Well okay, that and it's a little tricky to track the Anargaia down sometime - is there something I'm missing to get it permanently added to my map?

Need to get my hands on a Gaillard and see how it plays with a decent loadout and pilot...

Gwyvern

• Captain
  • I build ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: June 04, 2021, 01:13:49 PM »

Finally getting around to using some more actual-ARS hardware in my current run and I have to say I'm enjoying the Macnamara. Those Shield Lances are some feisty pieces of hardware!

I think my only complaint at this point is that there aren't a whole lot of ships with large mounts, and the large weapons ARS does have seem fairly tricky to get ahold of even with (ir)regular visits to Anargaia. Well okay, that and it's a little tricky to track the Anargaia down sometime - is there something I'm missing to get it permanently added to my map?

Need to get my hands on a Gaillard and see how it plays with a decent loadout and pilot...

The shield weapons will probably get nerfed at some point in the future, but for now I've got bigger fish to fry. Don't get too used to it.

As for Anargaia, the only ways to get permanent intel on it are to either commission with the Society, or get relations to cooperative.

Killian

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: June 04, 2021, 04:11:42 PM »

The shield weapons will probably get nerfed at some point in the future, but for now I've got bigger fish to fry. Don't get too used to it.

I need to test them against heavy combat targets that won't crumple in the face of twin lances, but so far they don't feel that crazy- the raw firepower feels suitably offset by their high flux generation.

Current setup is a Macnamara with Lances on the Hardpoints, a Pellet Turret, 4 Bulldogs, and 4 Rod launchers. This is supported by a bunch of Hiigaran destroyers and frigates from Gotcha's mod for PD/etc. - I want to try mixing in more ARS ships at some point but I'm hesitant to mix things up too much without a solid grasp on how best to fit & fly ARS ships.

As for Anargaia, the only ways to get permanent intel on it are to either commission with the Society, or get relations to cooperative.

I figured that was the case. Good to know - I've been hesitant to take on a commission with them given the raiding mechanics but so far they're the only faction not taking offense to my colony-system grabbing up a quarter of every single resource market or my use of AI cores...  ???
« Last Edit: June 04, 2021, 04:20:25 PM by Arcalane »

Helldiver

• Captain
  • space fruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: June 07, 2021, 05:20:31 PM »

Possible bug report: The Incendiary Sprayer doesn't shoot when set to autofire.

On another note, the Hawke (P) is one of the most fun frigate-hunters I've had the joy of using.
Afflictor bean plushie that glows purple when you squeeze it
30$

Spess Mahren

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: June 13, 2021, 01:43:33 AM »

I wanted to ask, are the hidden ARS bases intended to be like normal markets or are they intended to act akin to pirate raider bases? I noticed they start with two, and in my current cycle 213 game they now have four, I use nex so the bases have already grown once or twice, and it seems they never get targeted by strike missions, bounties, invasions, or raids. Anargaia does sometimes get invasions/raids/etc.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2021, 01:45:10 AM by Spess Mahren »

Gwyvern

• Captain
  • I build ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: June 13, 2021, 03:00:46 AM »

I wanted to ask, are the hidden ARS bases intended to be like normal markets or are they intended to act akin to pirate raider bases? I noticed they start with two, and in my current cycle 213 game they now have four, I use nex so the bases have already grown once or twice, and it seems they never get targeted by strike missions, bounties, invasions, or raids. Anargaia does sometimes get invasions/raids/etc.

They are more like pirate bases yes, all side effects of them being classed as hidden, otherwise they would show up on the campaign map freely, which defeats the purpose.

Their growth isn't the result of Nex, that is scripted into those bases within the mod itself.

Sutopia

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: June 14, 2021, 07:54:48 AM »

In my game they have 5 which act as really convenient remote fuel station for my adjusted sector (1.4x both directions).

I may have encountered a potential bug that is related to the Ark.
I got a mission to deliver 4k fuel to the Ark. I had another mission simultaneously so I went to do that one first, only to come back and find out I can’t complete the delivery. I found the ark but the contact isn’t there; The show on map button in the mission is missing. I assume the ark updated its location when I was busy doing another mission and doing so deletes the mission end point.

Nexerelin was not enabled when this happened.

Since all my mods have poor reputation, I deem my efforts unworthy thus no more updates will be made.

Gwyvern

• Captain
  • I build ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: June 14, 2021, 09:15:38 PM »

In my game they have 5 which act as really convenient remote fuel station for my adjusted sector (1.4x both directions).

I may have encountered a potential bug that is related to the Ark.
I got a mission to deliver 4k fuel to the Ark. I had another mission simultaneously so I went to do that one first, only to come back and find out I can’t complete the delivery. I found the ark but the contact isn’t there; The show on map button in the mission is missing. I assume the ark updated its location when I was busy doing another mission and doing so deletes the mission end point.

Nexerelin was not enabled when this happened.

The Ark is in constant motion, it doesn't update its location, only your knowledge of it. But I couldn't guess what's going on there

Killian

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: June 14, 2021, 09:25:22 PM »

It seems like it might be a vanilla bug; there have been a couple of similar reports recently in the bug report forum.

1: https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=20157.0
2: https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=21362.0

KDR_11k

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: June 15, 2021, 10:45:43 AM »

They are more like pirate bases yes, all side effects of them being classed as hidden, otherwise they would show up on the campaign map freely, which defeats the purpose.

Their growth isn't the result of Nex, that is scripted into those bases within the mod itself.
Do they do any raiding?
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 50