Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 50

Author Topic: [0.96-RC8] Legacy of Arkgneisis 1.9.12 [5/12/23]  (Read 581922 times)

Lance

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Legacy of Arkgneisis 1.9.6 [5/16/21]
« Reply #420 on: May 17, 2021, 09:13:35 PM »

Hello gwyvern,
Thank you for this amazing mod.

The Update 1.9.6 is broken. The fps decays a lot after a while even on a new game. It is linked to the number of ships in the fleet. With 10 ships, it's not noticeable, with 30 ships.... well the fps drops to 30.

HOWEVER it wont happen if the REFIT GUI is not open atleast once! When the refit gui is open once, the fps drop is permanent in hyperspace until you reload the save, then the fps drop is fixed until you open the refit screen again.

I tested it with the mod activated, it's dependencies & nerelexin + console commands.

IT looks like there is some kind of memory leak or script acting weird based on the number of ships.

Zikel

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Legacy of Arkgneisis 1.9.6 [5/16/21]
« Reply #421 on: May 18, 2021, 03:33:47 AM »

Go ahead, I'd even be willing to put a link to it in the main page since people seem to like it.

Thank you, I appreciate that.

Here is a link to the skin pack.

Gwyvern

• Captain
  • I build ships.
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Legacy of Arkgneisis 1.9.7 [5/18/21]
« Reply #422 on: May 18, 2021, 03:53:01 AM »

Version 1.9.7
I no longer guarantee the save compatibility of this update.

- Possibly fixes the severe campaign lag issues, let me know if you still encounter them, this bug is difficult to consistently replicate on my hardware.

- Added a skin pack section to the main thread, and its first entry, the Alice Blue skin pack by Zikel.

DOWNLOAD

Lance

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: May 18, 2021, 05:11:15 AM »

On a quick test, the fix works on both new game & old 1.9.6 save without crash, Thank you very much !

Also the skin pack is very well done, even so i prefer original look for the "normal" ships from the reparation society.
But if we could get thoses skins as extra variants, similar to the Battlegroup of the hegemony, it would improve diversity :)

CrixM

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: May 18, 2021, 06:29:10 AM »

The skin pack is pretty nice. Have you thought about maybe adding it the main mod as kind of an "alternate" fleet with a hullmod like XIV?

Solarshade

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: May 18, 2021, 10:36:32 AM »

The skin pack is pretty nice. Have you thought about maybe adding it the main mod as kind of an "alternate" fleet with a hullmod like XIV?
I kind of doubt that will happen given the mod author has already stated they don't personally like the skins, they just put it up because others did:
I'd be happy to share the sprites as a skin pack, if Gwyvern approves it.

I don't know how to make it an actual add-on. Looking at the skin packs for Diable Avionics, I don't see anything that tells the game to use those sprites instead of the original ones. So I assume the main mod has some built in skin pack support to handle that?

Go ahead, I'd even be willing to put a link to it in the main page since people seem to like it.

If you ask me though it's distractingly flashy.

Gwyvern

• Captain
  • I build ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: May 18, 2021, 02:54:17 PM »

Really there is a laundry list of why that skin pack will never be integrated into official content.

But as long as people are willing to make them I see no reason not to facilitate them with a section of the main post.

HanPolo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: May 20, 2021, 02:44:11 AM »

Version 1.9.7
I no longer guarantee the save compatibility of this update.

- Possibly fixes the severe campaign lag issues, let me know if you still encounter them, this bug is difficult to consistently replicate on my hardware.

- Added a skin pack section to the main thread, and its first entry, the Alice Blue skin pack by Zikel.

DOWNLOAD

Jesus, thank you both for spotting that bug and for fixing it. The fps drop was driving me crazy and I didn't know what was causing it. Fixed it for me.

KDR_11k

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: May 20, 2021, 04:06:45 AM »

Just wondering: Those ? ships sound by their description like you're supposed to collect them all and somehow weld them together into a large combined ship?

Killian

• Commander
  • I got 99 problems but a core breach ain't one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: May 20, 2021, 05:20:41 AM »

Just wondering: Those ? ships sound by their description like you're supposed to collect them all and somehow weld them together into a large combined ship?

The only one worth recovering, I think, is the really unusual one (you'll know it when you see it). Not sure how to fully repair mine; it seems impossible to fix with Field Repairs and I tried lugging it out to a special abandoned station but that couldn't help either. ???

All the others read to me as basically being easter eggs or obsolete. I think at the present moment the only thing you can do with them is haul them home and patch them back together for bragging rights, pretend you put 'em in a starship museum or something.

Killsode

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: May 20, 2021, 05:47:54 AM »

The only one worth recovering, I think, is the really unusual one (you'll know it when you see it). Not sure how to fully repair mine; it seems impossible to fix with Field Repairs and I tried lugging it out to a special abandoned station but that couldn't help either. ???

All the others read to me as basically being easter eggs or obsolete. I think at the present moment the only thing you can do with them is haul them home and patch them back together for bragging rights, pretend you put 'em in a starship museum or something.

The scent of adventure ship has to be refurbished for ~1.2m
Spoiler
also known as the Lancer class derelict cruiser, or formerly the champion before a basegame ship got that name?
But what i want to know is how i get my hands on the saviour, the capital sized one. is it IBB?
[close]

Gwyvern

• Captain
  • I build ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: May 20, 2021, 06:07:52 AM »

You use the restore button, in the refit screen like you normally would. But yes, out of all the derelicts this mod adds, only the Lancer is actually worth the cost of restoring it, the rest are just Easter Eggs and subtle clues for the future.

Killian

• Commander
  • I got 99 problems but a core breach ain't one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: May 20, 2021, 06:27:13 AM »

You use the restore button, in the refit screen like you normally would. But yes, out of all the derelicts this mod adds, only the Lancer is actually worth the cost of restoring it, the rest are just Easter Eggs and subtle clues for the future.

Huh. Something was giving me the impression that button didn't un-(D) it, so it'd still be kind of messed up with the 'broken' gun setup, or that the fancy tech would be too difficult to repair that way. Not sure why, maybe one of the other mods I have... ???

I kinda like the old designs though. Nothing fancy, but they add a nice touch to the world.

Spoiler
also known as the Lancer class derelict cruiser, or formerly the champion before a basegame ship got that name?
But what i want to know is how i get my hands on the saviour, the capital sized one. is it IBB?
[close]

Judging by the description string in the csv, I'm going to say that one's unfinished and we'll have to wait for a later update. ;)

Kaitol

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: May 20, 2021, 10:13:29 AM »

The regular derelicts DO have the reinforced hull mod built-in or at least did last time I played, so they're slightly better than ones you just bought or salvaged from a battle. Is that worth the cost of restoration? Ehhh, maybe if you're doing a society ship-only run? Although there comes a point when cash is no longer a concern, especially if you have industrial evolution or whichever mod adds the restoration dock building.

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: May 20, 2021, 11:21:22 AM »

Eylamn is so *** worth the absurd cost though. Sue me.
My mods: Tahlan Shipworks - ScalarTech Solutions - Trailer Moments
It's all in the presentation
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 50