Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 50

Author Topic: [0.96-RC8] Legacy of Arkgneisis 1.9.12 [5/12/23]  (Read 586644 times)

legion499

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Legacy of Arkgneisis 1.9.5 [4/28/21]
« Reply #390 on: April 30, 2021, 10:09:19 AM »

Hey I'm new at being a code monkey and am a little confused at something maybe you could help with?
I'm trying to add the Big Mac into the blueprint for the ship its based on. Feeling around in the dark here I did manage to figure out where and what I need to modify to do that in the "Ship data" file. The problem I'm having is simply with this "No_Drop" tag. I don't know what that does since just looking at code only tells me so much. Do I keep it or not?
I only need it in the blueprint. Ill be happy with just that.

Edit: Hey I just noticed something looking at the derelict ships at the top of the file... If I remove all the tags from the Mac... Will that add it to the derelict loot table??  :o I could totally live with that too!
« Last Edit: April 30, 2021, 11:14:02 AM by legion499 »

Gwyvern

• Captain
  • I build ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: April 30, 2021, 06:17:39 PM »

Hey I'm new at being a code monkey and am a little confused at something maybe you could help with?
I'm trying to add the Big Mac into the blueprint for the ship its based on. Feeling around in the dark here I did manage to figure out where and what I need to modify to do that in the "Ship data" file. The problem I'm having is simply with this "No_Drop" tag. I don't know what that does since just looking at code only tells me so much. Do I keep it or not?
I only need it in the blueprint. Ill be happy with just that.

Edit: Hey I just noticed something looking at the derelict ships at the top of the file... If I remove all the tags from the Mac... Will that add it to the derelict loot table??  :o I could totally live with that too!

The no drop tag just prevents the ship from being salvageable after a battle, since the IBB system has its own code for that.

legion499

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: April 30, 2021, 06:24:40 PM »

Sweet. Im now a little smarter.  8)

Killian

• Commander
  • I got 99 problems but a core breach ain't one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: May 06, 2021, 06:02:03 AM »

Really slick designs, but I've noticed that in vanilla campaign mode the ARS don't... really seem to use their own ships very much? Other faction defectors are mostly using their own hardware, but the ARS defectors I've seen come up always have unremarkable civilian fleets. Plenty of Export/Pirate versions floating around, but I think the only legit ARS ship I've seen was a Victoria I fished out of a red giant's corona.

Ed: nevermind, just saw a mercantile convoy with a few ARS ships. guess it just took them a while to straighten everything out with their markets or something?

Spoiler
I also found the Lancer. Interesting piece of hardware, but I'm wondering how best to restore it properly given the battered state it's in...
[close]

Mostly making this post to note that I found a "fun" interaction with Industrial Evolution; several Exodus weapons are considered to be part of the weapons available to/from Independents. More importantly, this also includes these "Thrusters";

« Last Edit: May 06, 2021, 02:29:18 PM by Arcalane »

Flacman3000

• Commander
  • A man cannot put his shaft into the unknown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: May 06, 2021, 08:44:33 AM »

Has the saviour been implemented in any way yet?
Ryzen 7 2700x, 1080ti, 16GB DDR4 RAM and playing SS on a SSD - Always stay ahead because when you're ahead you're rear anatomy is open to interpretation.

Gwyvern

• Captain
  • I build ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: May 06, 2021, 03:06:44 PM »

Has the saviour been implemented in any way yet?

No, and it won't for a very long time, it's just an easter egg for now.

Gwyvern

• Captain
  • I build ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: May 06, 2021, 03:10:11 PM »

Mostly making this post to note that I found a "fun" interaction with Industrial Evolution; several Exodus weapons are considered to be part of the weapons available to/from Independents. More importantly, this also includes these "Thrusters";

Well thats...uh...interesting...

Not sure why the ARS is flying civilian fleets on your end, in my campaign they are using their own hardware, will look into it a little more.

Killian

• Commander
  • I got 99 problems but a core breach ain't one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: May 07, 2021, 02:57:16 AM »

Well thats...uh...interesting...

Thumbing through the weapon_data.csv it's almost certainly loa_massivethrusterweapon, and is probably appearing on the Requisitions Center because it has this "he6, LR, loa_arkmidw_bp, persean, independent, pirates" string of tags/identifiers.

That's my guess, anyways.

Not sure why the ARS is flying civilian fleets on your end, in my campaign they are using their own hardware, will look into it a little more.

As noted in the edit, they seem to be using their own ships now, or at least are for mercantile convoys. I just distinctly recalled seeing a couple of low-end bounties for ARS Deserters who had nothing but buffalos and other inconsequential civvie ships. I'll keep my eyes peeled for more of them and see if it's just deserters, just due to the tiny bounty value, or something else. Unfortunately I don't see many ARS fleets around in general, though I suppose I can go take a look at some of the outposts I've got locations for and see what their pickets look like.

Gwyvern

• Captain
  • I build ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: May 07, 2021, 03:38:38 PM »

As noted in the edit, they seem to be using their own ships now, or at least are for mercantile convoys. I just distinctly recalled seeing a couple of low-end bounties for ARS Deserters who had nothing but buffalos and other inconsequential civvie ships. I'll keep my eyes peeled for more of them and see if it's just deserters, just due to the tiny bounty value, or something else. Unfortunately I don't see many ARS fleets around in general, though I suppose I can go take a look at some of the outposts I've got locations for and see what their pickets look like.

With further investigation this seems to be an unintended consequence of how their new procedural markets are set up, I hope to put out a fix in the near-ish future, as soon as I can get a hold of my code wizard.

DARK170

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: May 11, 2021, 02:37:57 PM »

How Society Battle station compared to High  or Low tech?

Gwyvern

• Captain
  • I build ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: May 11, 2021, 04:59:42 PM »

How Society Battle station compared to High  or Low tech?

In testing each tier falls within the range of the vanilla battlestations, weaker than some, stronger than others.

In terms of loadout, It uses ballistic and hybrid slots, a few small missiles, It has a centralized omni-shield, and tier 2 and 3 will fill the battlespace with fast moving asteroids that deal kinetic damage to hostiles they hit.

ThePerilsOfSelfBetterment

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: May 12, 2021, 09:31:08 PM »

Do the Dmod removal ticks from Field Repairs not apply to Derelict Exodus Initiative ships, and if so is this intentional or just some script magic. At first I just thought I was getting unlucky but now most of my fleet is pristine except for the few Derelict ships I'm lugging around and there hasn't been a single Dmod removed in months.

Gwyvern

• Captain
  • I build ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: May 12, 2021, 09:46:45 PM »

Do the Dmod removal ticks from Field Repairs not apply to Derelict Exodus Initiative ships, and if so is this intentional or just some script magic. At first I just thought I was getting unlucky but now most of my fleet is pristine except for the few Derelict ships I'm lugging around and there hasn't been a single Dmod removed in months.

I've been told that they do not because those D-mods are built-into the variant or skin or... something. For now at least they can only be removed by an actual restoration.

Gwyvern

• Captain
  • I build ships.
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Legacy of Arkgneisis 1.9.6 [5/16/21]
« Reply #403 on: May 16, 2021, 03:58:02 PM »

v1.9.6
This update should not be treated as save compatible.

- The ARS should now properly utilize their own ships at all of their markets, which should furthermore be more heavily garrisoned than previous.

- If Anargaia is destroyed in a Nexerelin campaign, the ARS will now properly 'respawn' and resume participation in sector politics once one of their existing hidden markets upgrades itself into their new headquarters.

- New ship: Ike class assault shuttle. A Frigate sized troop transport that serves as a cost effective means for deploying Ground Support Package, but cannot carry enough marines to fully leverage it.

- The Ace, Baron, and Duke wings will now provide raid bonuses similar to the 'Ground Support Package' hullmod to ships they are equipped to.

- Refit time for the Duke Gunboat wing raised to 20 from 15.

- The Rift Projector has had its damage(/s) increased to 750 from 600

- The Rupture Cannon has had its damage reduced to 50 from 75, with a corrisponding reduction in flux use and an increase in rate of fire, this should make it less effective against armor while maintaining its overall efficacy against shields.

- The ??? set of ships should now consistently display campaign trails correctly.

- Increased the armor for the ?????? to 1200 from 1000.

- Changed two small energy turrets on the ????? to synergy.

- The decay rate of warspeed is now affected by the Systems Expertise skill.

DOWNLOAD
« Last Edit: May 17, 2021, 02:11:52 PM by Gwyvern »

mathyou

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Legacy of Arkgneisis 1.9.6 [5/16/21]
« Reply #404 on: May 16, 2021, 07:18:51 PM »

FWIW, I'm experiencing significant FPS drops in systems and hyperspace after updating from v1.9.5 to v1.9.6 with an existing save. That was the only change I made.

I was able to go back to v1.9.5 after editing my save to remove all references to loa_ike.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2021, 01:10:36 AM by mathyou »
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 50