Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 50

Author Topic: [0.96-RC8] Legacy of Arkgneisis 1.9.12 [5/12/23]  (Read 582302 times)

Gwyvern

• Captain
  • I build ships.
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Legacy of Arkgneisis 1.8.4 [9/2/20]
« Reply #330 on: September 08, 2020, 05:39:10 PM »

Yeah there's been issues with the ARS stations for ages now, I cant be assed though because the next major version is going to replace them entirely.

Offensive_Name

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: November 11, 2020, 12:30:48 AM »

I assume this has already been asked, but can I sponsor society raids in nexerelin and if yes how.

Gwyvern

• Captain
  • I build ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: November 11, 2020, 05:01:53 AM »

I assume this has already been asked, but can I sponsor society raids in nexerelin and if yes how.

No, this would be a nice feature to have but also I haven't found the time to look into the logistics of it.

Gwyvern

• Captain
  • I build ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: January 29, 2021, 04:23:34 AM »

ATTENTION FELLOW MOD AUTHORS

Progress on the next major version of LoA remains steady, if frustratingly slow.

In the meantime...

Come the next major update, all ARS markets will come with a "Raid Economy" condition applied to them, which will stock civilian and military markets with random ships and weapons from factions that the ARS is at war with, as long as they are whitelisted.

Hopefully Nicke and I have managed to work all the bugs out of this one...

This file contains 3 CSVs, destined for the data/config/loa folder (subfolders enclosed for ease of installation)

- raid_economy_factions_whitelist
This CSV is for the ID of any faction you want included in the ARS Raid Economy mechanic

- raid_economy_ships_blacklist
- raid_economy_weapons_blacklist
Having added a faction to the whitelist, these blacklists will prevent specific items from appearing in ARS markets due to this mechanic

Worth noting that, as per feedback when I first mentioned this upcoming feature, the Raid Economy mechanic Will use any Prism CSVs included in your mod as if no raid economy CSVs are present.

If a RE CSV is present, it will overwrite the prism CSV values for the RE mechanic only, if neither CSV set is present, then if the ARS is at war with your faction, it will instead provide random weapons drawn from the pool of available, valid factions.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gkt3otmrny5hfig/config.zip?dl=0

Simply set the files up when you have the chance and it should (in theory) work when LoA updates in the future.

Mach56

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: January 29, 2021, 05:39:12 PM »

A small bug, but the Baby Hawke drone shows up as fighter option in missions, even though it appears that it should be exclusive to the Hawke.

EDIT: A few other mission related oversights:
A few ships in the first and third missions still have their autofit variants using the old Cone MRM instead of the Can MRM.
The 2 Reid-class frigates in the second missions are 5 OP overbudget.
A few of the ships in the third mission are a bit underbudget, not a big deal.
I don't think blank variants are necessary, and pollute the campaign AI variants (I'm not sure if you've done something on your end that changes it, but by default the AI can use non-goal variants for outfitting ships in the campaign)
Not a super big issue, but the Remnants and Derelicts are available in the Vs. Random missions, not a big problem in the ARS vs. Random, but the Random vs. ARS ones allow for an easy victory by just re-rolling until they come up.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2021, 08:42:58 PM by Mach56 »

Aronai

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: March 03, 2021, 10:35:55 AM »

This mod operates under a modified Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike license.

For the record, this isn't permitted by the organization that maintains the Creative Commons licenses (itself called 'Creative Commons'):
https://creativecommons.org/faq/#can-i-change-the-license-terms-or-conditions
Yes—but if you change the terms and conditions of any Creative Commons license, you must no longer call, label, or describe the license as a “Creative Commons” or “CC” license, nor can you use the Creative Commons logos, buttons, or other trademarks in connection with the modified license or your materials.

If you modify the terms of the CC license, you're no longer allowed to call it a CC license ("Creative Commons", "CC", etc are their trademarks).

Gwyvern

• Captain
  • I build ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: March 03, 2021, 07:10:37 PM »

Whatever

It's been removed from the forum thread.

The only people who seem to care to point out such things are people intent on abusing other people's work, and a CC never stopped them before.

Aronai

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: March 03, 2021, 07:47:40 PM »

Whatever

It's been removed from the forum thread.

The only people who seem to care to point out such things are people intent on abusing other people's work, and a CC never stopped them before.

Just trying to offer insight into something that might cause trouble down the line and might not be obvious. No need to imply I'm trying to abuse your work. :P I just use your mod and was checking for updates.

Gwyvern

• Captain
  • I build ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: March 03, 2021, 08:18:01 PM »

Just trying to offer insight into something that might cause trouble down the line and might not be obvious. No need to imply I'm trying to abuse your work. :P I just use your mod and was checking for updates.

It's going to be a while before the next update. Most of the update is ready but the one item missing is a player buildable station type for the ARS. Station sprites are too big of a job for me to handle in parallel to my current workload.

Aronai

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: March 03, 2021, 08:41:48 PM »

It's going to be a while before the next update. Most of the update is ready but the one item missing is a player buildable station type for the ARS. Station sprites are too big of a job for me to handle in parallel to my current workload.

Fair enough! Thanks for the fun mod!

Satirical

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: March 22, 2021, 05:15:33 PM »

OwO the special ship is cool and so is the story mission

and the weapon particle effects are really nice lol

also found this cute thing and I make it cap objectives like sensor arrays lol (not really spoilers)
Spoiler
[close]
« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 05:20:58 PM by Satirical »

Gwyvern

• Captain
  • I build ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: March 22, 2021, 06:43:58 PM »

Glad you like the mod.

Icchan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: March 30, 2021, 08:17:14 AM »

Will you be updating this for 0.95?

Gwyvern

• Captain
  • I build ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: March 30, 2021, 03:08:44 PM »

Will you be updating this for 0.95?

I have sidelined my paid work to try and get the update out as soon as possible. Currently, what the update was going to be originally (Before starsector updated) is 99.9% done, how long it will take to transfer to 0.95 is harder to put a number on since it will require input from one or more third parties whom I have little control over.

Icchan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: March 31, 2021, 03:20:26 AM »

I like your enthusiasm, but please, do your paid work first.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 50