Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 50

Author Topic: [0.96-RC8] Legacy of Arkgneisis 1.9.12 [5/12/23]  (Read 581999 times)

RoquetheRogue

• Commander
  • personal text.
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Legacy of Arkgneisis 1.6.3 [1/17/20]
« Reply #255 on: January 31, 2020, 04:38:10 PM »

I was also getting reports and CTD of the MIRV missile bug, removing the mod fixed the issue, only happened when I saved the game  :'(

Which is very weird since I only recently got the mod, shortly after your fixes, do you have any idea what other mods, when paired with Legacy of Arkgneisis could be causing this?  I'm going to keep on trying your mod, see which one is causing this.
A mind that opens itself to a new idea never returns to it's original size.

Gwyvern

• Captain
  • I build ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: January 31, 2020, 06:34:05 PM »

I was also getting reports and CTD of the MIRV missile bug, removing the mod fixed the issue, only happened when I saved the game  :'(

Which is very weird since I only recently got the mod, shortly after your fixes, do you have any idea what other mods, when paired with Legacy of Arkgneisis could be causing this?  I'm going to keep on trying your mod, see which one is causing this.

If you're experiencing an issue that seems to be fixed for most people, 9 times out of 10 the culprit is an improper install.

Completely delete the mod from your file structure and then re-download and extract it.

RoquetheRogue

• Commander
  • personal text.
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: January 31, 2020, 06:42:59 PM »

If you're experiencing an issue that seems to be fixed for most people, 9 times out of 10 the culprit is an improper install.

Completely delete the mod from your file structure and then re-download and extract it.

I have no clue at what the actual F is going on anymore, I did your suggestion proper, played for about 30 mins, some absolutely weird bug happened that whenever I entered shops my mouse pointer would automatically select everything and proceed to purchase, I think some AI took control of my SS, I'll just make a error thread somewhere..

it has nothing to do with my mouse either, else I wouldn't be writing here.. Anyway..

Keep on keeping on.
A mind that opens itself to a new idea never returns to it's original size.

Sech

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: February 01, 2020, 11:12:47 PM »

Can someone post version 1.4.2?
I need to roll my game back as I’d like to get an old save working.
Oddly enough, I can’t seem to locate a repository with all of the old versions, figured I’d be able to track down a git or something.

Anyway, I’d appreciate it.
Thanks.

Gwyvern

• Captain
  • I build ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: February 04, 2020, 05:51:56 PM »

Apologies but I don't keep an archive of old versions since supporting them would be more work than it's worth, and my latest legacy install of SS skips to 1.4.0, so you'll just have to hope someone else kept it around.

crash7ds

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: February 08, 2020, 10:52:25 AM »

Definitely a favorite of mine so far. Trying to do an ARS-only fleet run and they are pretty fun to field, even the frigs are dope. Whatever fit including a pair of tachyons on the BC is pretty nasty, so far scariest thing I've seen second only to a Paragon with four of them...and it's faster. My flagship's just melting small stuff and putting bigger ships to shame.

Gwyvern

• Captain
  • I build ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: February 09, 2020, 05:34:05 PM »

Definitely a favorite of mine so far. Trying to do an ARS-only fleet run and they are pretty fun to field, even the frigs are dope. Whatever fit including a pair of tachyons on the BC is pretty nasty, so far scariest thing I've seen second only to a Paragon with four of them...and it's faster. My flagship's just melting small stuff and putting bigger ships to shame.

I'm glad you're enjoying yourself! Though I have to wonder how many player skills are involved in making the Alastair such a beast, in AI duels it's pretty average on its own.

crash7ds

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: February 09, 2020, 07:16:01 PM »

True, I do have it on easy which, if I recall, buffs the player ships, so I'm admittedly not having as much trouble as I probably should. I also have a level 20 officer as it's captain...pretty sure that's helping make it more monster than not. I also started with it instead of the Apochee, so a lot of the early success is against ships with numorous D-mods. I am tempted to start *** off some of the core factions just to see how well it stacks against actual cruiser and cap fleets, but sadly it's my support that's really lacking right now and the source of my self-imposed danger. I can't use non-ARS ships, save for the Salvage Rig or maybe a freighter (haven't gotten a chance to get a Jameson yet). My Alistair is soloing pretty well now, but I know that will change once I start finding bigger threats. Don't get me wrong, I can believe the BC might not be able to stand up to another cap boat pound for pound on its own, it's more that mine has a couple tachyons and I dumped a lot of OP into beefing up it's flux tank so it can keep them fed for several bursts before needing to flush those tanks.

That does lead me to one question...do these ships have a blue print for them? I don't really want to have to grind up the standings with the mod faction so slowly just to be allowed to replenish my forces...not to mention they've already given many other factions the bird and effectively entering a state of war with most of the Core might not be a good thing with just one BC and a handful of non-coms. My best guess to getting access to more ships without going Dark Souls on the rest of the sector is colonization and manufacturing and would really hope you can.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2020, 07:22:45 PM by crash7ds »

Gwyvern

• Captain
  • I build ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: February 10, 2020, 05:38:14 AM »

At current the only two methods for obtaining blueprints for the ARS are by raiding their markets, or buying them off the military market. There's no reputation gate for the blueprints themselves since such a thing is impossible anyway, so as long as you have access to the military market, its just a matter of getting lucky enough to see the blueprints for sale.

Gwyvern

• Captain
  • I build ships.
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Legacy of Arkgneisis 1.7.0 [2/27/20]
« Reply #264 on: February 26, 2020, 09:03:44 PM »

LOA 1.7.0 has been dropped.

This one -should- be safe for your saves, but as always, keep a backup of the old version just in case.

- the ARS now has a full suite of unique encounter and market music, credit to Apocalyptic Universe: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7eFegoi6Y-CIDTLbEMbLFQ

- New Fighter: Baron Gunboat. Equipped with 4 lighthouse turrets and a pair of slow-reload cone-launchers, this wing of 2 excels in duking it out with other strike craft, but can provide a small amount of supporting fire in a pinch.

- New Fighter: Jack Drone. Mounting a pair of rapid-fire electron repeaters, the Jack is a general-purpose, un-manned fighter craft with no particular strengths or weaknesses, outside its lack of a shield.

- Pellet cannon has had its flux-per-shot reduced to 2600 from 2800

- Society Riggers, the ARS "Commissioned Crews" hullmod, now provides a 25% reduction to the downtime of malfunctioned weapons and engines, in addition to its low-CR malfunction reduction being increased to 25% from 20%

- Fixed a bug whereby putting the Champion under AI control could cause certain visual effects to bug out.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2020, 09:55:01 PM by Gwyvern »

lgustavomp

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: February 27, 2020, 10:45:24 AM »

Am I the only one who think the Alastair is severely underpowered?

- very low OP compared to vanilla battlecruisers. okok I know, she has the emp mine thing and siege cannon. The emp is cool against low techs but the siege cannon is not game changing enough to justify that little of OP available.
- battlecarrier lvl flux dissipation. I got lost there and don't know even what to say about it. Maybe give it at least 800? Please?
- mediocre defenses. The cruiser lvl armor/hull is justifiable by the lore but im my opinion the shield should be GOOD to compensate a bit. Maybe a 120º, so, if you're fighting too many missiles (especially hurricane MIRVS) and fighters you can slap ext. shields and front shield convert to get a decent coverage.

If she already has a strong and well defined identity/role, please tell me. Because I couldn't find it by myself. But anyway, here's a suggestion:

- 300 OP (onslaught has 360 and almost twice the armor/hull for the same DP)
- 800 dissipation (the best defense is a good offense, with her cruiser armor she'll need a good offense and a decent shield sustain)
- 120 degree shields and MAYYYBE a 0.9 dmg efficiency?
- take those 2 medium mounts in the center of the ship and turn then enough to hit targets in front. So you can mount more/better PDs (and she needs it) dedicating 3 medium and 2 large to offence and 2 medium do defense. Or go full rage with offensive weapons in a glass cannon stile. Like, i'm fragile, but try to face me head to head, 1v1, and I'll hit you with my 5 mediums and 2 large weapons.

I'd suggest to also remove one of the two fighter bays to balance things out, but she's already underpowered in my opinion, so screw it, I don't think it's needed. And slapping two of those monogram drones is really handy.

I really like this faction but I'm giving you all these criticism cause, at the first time I seen the alastair I knew she had a great potential. But to really feel it, I had to mod your mod.

So that is it.  I'd like to thank you for your time and amazing work.

Gwyvern

• Captain
  • I build ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: February 27, 2020, 04:34:52 PM »

The primary strength of Exodus Initiative hulls is loadout design, if you're having problems with it I recommend experimenting around with weapon and hullmod combinations you don't normally use, generally you can kit a generalist like the Alastair out for any role, it just won't neccessarily be the best at that role.

I shouldn't have to state that a 50 speed battlecruiser shouldn't be able to stand face to face with the king of tank and spank.

...And Win

That is the release version, though I appreciate feedback, I feel your proposed upgrades, or any upgrades for that matter, would swiftly obsolete several capital ships in vanilla.

lgustavomp

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: February 27, 2020, 05:07:47 PM »

Yeah, that speed is absolutely cool. I wish a better AI in a future starsector update. I Can handle the alastair reasonably well when I'm the one piloting, even the unmoded (by myself) alastair. I see she struggling when the AI is in command. And for that I really could use some help.

I almost never user full assault, and even with some defend commands I see them fluxed out in the front lines, tanking shots instead of tactical retreating, using steady officers. I'm I doing something wrong? Maybe the 1200DP limit I use is too much for the AI to handle :C

Gwyvern

• Captain
  • I build ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: February 27, 2020, 05:34:56 PM »

Yeah, that speed is absolutely cool. I wish a better AI in a future starsector update. I Can handle the alastair reasonably well when I'm the one piloting, even the unmoded (by myself) alastair. I see she struggling when the AI is in command. And for that I really could use some help.

I almost never user full assault, and even with some defend commands I see them fluxed out in the front lines, tanking shots instead of tactical retreating, using steady officers. I'm I doing something wrong? Maybe the 1200DP limit I use is too much for the AI to handle :C

I do all my testing exclusively with the AI, as player skill is a factor that you cant really account for when balancing.

That said, 1200 battle size is *** huge I cant really say how that affects your experience but it certainly puts a lot more *** onto the field for any given AI to worry about.

crash7ds

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: March 01, 2020, 07:13:12 PM »

Just a heads-up, I tried to alter a start game (using Nexerelin, btw) to begin with a fleet of Colonial Initiative ships just for giggles and noticed that the Taath in particular seems to be bugged. When it's added to the player.json as one of the ships to start with, that same start option simply disappears as an option. Not sure why, but it does seem to show up okay in the variant editor, so I'm honestly stumped as to why campaigns seem to not like them. The only thing I haven't done yet at this point is reinstall my mod folder. All the other hidden ships work fine in this regard, just the Taath presents an issue. Are they just not finished or something?
« Last Edit: March 01, 2020, 07:34:35 PM by crash7ds »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 50