Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 50

Author Topic: [0.96-RC8] Legacy of Arkgneisis 1.9.12 [5/12/23]  (Read 582273 times)

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Legacy of Arkgneisis 1.4.2 [07/1/19]
« Reply #150 on: August 08, 2019, 02:56:27 PM »

Almost certainly the faction's heavy industry has either been lost or disrupted - perhaps decivilized by pirate raids, perhaps you're running with Nexerelin enabled and someone conquered the relevant colony(s), or perhaps it's just a temporary disruption and it'll be back in a few in-game months.
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

Incompatibility

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 08, 2019, 04:12:33 PM »

Almost certainly the faction's heavy industry has either been lost or disrupted - perhaps decivilized by pirate raids, perhaps you're running with Nexerelin enabled and someone conquered the relevant colony(s), or perhaps it's just a temporary disruption and it'll be back in a few in-game months.

Ahh that makes sense, I am using Nexerelin and they've been getting their ass beat recently so that makes perfect sense. Is conquering a place with a heavy industry and then granting it to them going to make them produce their normal ships again?

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 08, 2019, 04:47:40 PM »

Should work, yeah.
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

Gwyvern

• Captain
  • I build ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 08, 2019, 09:44:01 PM »

Well this seems to have resolved itself.

Gwyvern

• Captain
  • I build ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 09, 2019, 06:20:40 PM »

The ship sprites are now pretty much done.

I will be starting the work on implementing these in short order before I re-sprite the fighters and weapons, so if anyone has any useful feedback on the mod in general, regarding balance or mechanics or whatever, now would be the most convenient time for such things.

Shedovv

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 15, 2019, 11:10:08 AM »

Love the new sprites, and at the same time I want to cry cuz I can already tell some changes that make some of the old ships look less appealing to me personally.

Also WHERE IS HAWKE!?!? PLEASE I BEG YOU DO NOT GET RID OF IT! I LOVE THE DARNED SHIP! (And it's semi-murder-wedge sprite).

Would it be possible to have an optional file with the old gray COLOR scheme on civilian variants available as well?

More Civilian Grade hulls plox! I love just buying (or cheating) those in and using them in my independent/mercenary fleets.

EDIT: I suspect Hawke is the bottom left shippy ship and it makes me wanna cri.

EDIT TWO: It makes me wanna cry not because of the potential gameplay changes to the ship (different mount layout and numbers) but because I love the bloody murder-wedge design to death and back!
« Last Edit: August 15, 2019, 11:39:23 AM by Shedovv »

Gwyvern

• Captain
  • I build ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 16, 2019, 01:43:33 AM »

Yes the Hawke is in the lower left, and sorry for your loss. As you can see, the roster is gaining a few, much better designed murderwedges, and I was never really satisfied with the Hawke's execution, both gameplay wise, and sprite wise, so I decided to re-work it entirely, it's still going to be a drone carrier of course, but its new weapon layout should be much more useful in direct combat than the old layout.

I did not hate its silhouette, it might come back in a new ship in the future, but I'm reasonably pleased with the new Hawke, so for now you will just have to sate your lust for wedge on the Alistair or the REDACTED.

Shedovv

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 16, 2019, 06:33:46 AM »

Could you tell me if the side medium slots on the new Hawke are gonna have similarly wide arcs (as in will they overlap at the front, Note: I am not implying the originals did so at the front, just that they overlapped) to the old one? Because if is the case then it is indeed a vastly better setup, given the rest (as far as I could measure it visually) of the loadout. And oh not just the Alistair, the new Macnamara just about does it as a wedge, not as orgasmically as the old Hawke or the new Alistair but still. I didnt specify this earlier but, I really adore the new sprites, it's actually why I spent over an hour going over them and crying about the Hawke (just thinking about how amazeballs the original Hawke's design would look in this improved style makes me moist) at the same time. I mean the new sprites are so much better, all the intricate little details and how the armor looks more angular making the ships feel a lot more three dimensional.

So yeah, I am definately giddy with anticipation for finally getting my paws on the reworked ships (and the new) and am praying to Cthulhu for the Original Hawke Design's reincarnation in some maginficent form!

PS:
As I was writing it I sort of randomly stumbled onto a thought that the old Gregory and the old Hawke both look like an A-Wing from StarWars. Dont know why but I felt I should mention it.

EDIT:

PPS:
I still wonder if it's possible to get the sexy cream/beige color variant of the new civilian hull's as an alternative to the Navy-Blue?

In theory I could screw around with the photoass and make that my self but I doubt I'd make it look as good as the originals done by you.

Side Note: I also wonder if any of the weapons will have any stat changes? Particularly the Pellet line. While I can not truthfully speak about the Cannon (since I never had an opportunity to use it yet) the Gun felt underwhelming as an Anti Shield weapon, takin into account it's firerate the amount of damage it does is not enough,. For example if we have just one Gun shoot at a target with an average Flux eficiency we can see that most of the Flux the impact generates manages to dissipate before the weapon can cycle for another shot. So you either need lots of them at once or you need something else to help overload the shields, Might I suggest either a flat damage increase or a reload speed increase? Maybe a bit of both?
« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 06:56:23 AM by Shedovv »

JamesCawl

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 17, 2019, 07:30:06 AM »

May I ask that you give the ships more Small and/or Medium mounts?
Because whenever I use one of your ships against other modded ships they become heavily outgunned.
I know that they are basically pirates even the real pirate factions enjoy the fact that their ships are carrying alot of Guns to offset their tech weakness.
Hopefully you can address my inquiry.

Alorex

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 17, 2019, 07:59:11 AM »

Because whenever I use one of your ships against other modded ships they become heavily outgunned.

Are you using the factions weapons? If so, don't. Use basically anything else, as i cant say to have ever had this problem. SCY and Diableavionics in particular are very effective.

I know that they are basically pirates even the real pirate factions enjoy the fact that their ships are carrying alot of Guns to offset their tech weakness.

These guys manufacture their own ships from scratch and even have some novel design features (ceramic armor) were as the actual pirate factions are forced to ether kit-bash a junkyard together or mod the crap out of damaged or captured civilian wrecks.

ps: the bulldog is the only weapon i have found to be competitively effective.

Shedovv

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 17, 2019, 09:08:05 AM »

Are you using the factions weapons? If so, don't. Use basically anything else, as i cant say to have ever had this problem. SCY and Diableavionics in particular are very effective.

These guys manufacture their own ships from scratch and even have some novel design features (ceramic armor) were as the actual pirate factions are forced to ether kit-bash a junkyard together or mod the crap out of damaged or captured civilian wrecks.

ps: the bulldog is the only weapon i have found to be competitively effective.

In my opinion playing with other faction's weapons devalues the faction you are playing as. I mean whats the point of even doing that if youre going to take the most OP loadout possible cobbled together from the most OP weapons across all the factions and just slap that *** onto all your ships?

I personally try to avoid using anything BUT the Faction Specific weaponry though in some cases I have had to rely on Vanilla weapons as well. But mixing faction weapons is a big no-no for me.

I do agree though, Society's weapons feel underwhelming, despite their mostly superior range.

JamesCawl

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 17, 2019, 06:02:05 PM »

I do enjoy the speed of this mod's ships specially the capitals but it cant just stand up against Imperial ships(Imperium), Neutrino ships, Sylphon ships and hegemony ships.
They also suffer from a lack of large mounts but I understand that they sacrificed some heavy firepower for speed and survivability.
My main gripe is just that they are not able to intercept a lot of missiles/torpedoes while not having the speed to finesse against them.

Igncom1

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 18, 2019, 08:20:11 AM »

I've just played through the 'scent of adventure' mission in the campaign, and I must say that I quite enjoyed it.

Finding and recovering this old ancient hulk as a project to one day restore to full functionality feels like I'm playing some kind of 40K mod, where you go around finding ancient starships of incredible power and full of lost technology to study and employ against my foes.

Finding and reverse engineering the hulk was fun and cool, as was the balancing of the mission, so I had a lot of fun and would love to see more quests or missions of this style. Even if just to recover ancient one-off hulks and use and study.

Thank you for your hard work!
Sunders are the best ship in the game.

Taverius

• Captain
  • Mistake not ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 18, 2019, 02:33:30 PM »

Wow, those new sprites  8) Can't wait.
No faction is truly established without a themed Buffalo (TAG) variant.

Gwyvern

• Captain
  • I build ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 19, 2019, 02:03:01 AM »

Oh boy looks like a lot of stuff happened in here, so have a quick round for some of these posts.

I still wonder if it's possible to get the sexy cream/beige color variant of the new civilian hull's as an alternative to the Navy-Blue?

Don't count on it, I've got a lot to do and that wouldn't be relevant to any of it.

May I ask that you give the ships more Small and/or Medium mounts?

No

In my opinion playing with other faction's weapons devalues the faction you are playing as. I mean whats the point of even doing that if youre going to take the most OP loadout possible cobbled together from the most OP weapons across all the factions and just slap that *** onto all your ships?

The ARS Is designed with having access to vanilla weapons in mind, if you try and use only their weapons you will most likely have a bad time, as most of their domestic weapons are highly specialized for certain roles.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 50