Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Musashi Manufactorum Ship and Weapon Packs 1.2.5  (Read 17964 times)

Arghy

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: [0.95.1a] Musashi Manufactorum Ship and Weapon Packs 1.2.5
« Reply #105 on: January 21, 2022, 11:23:02 PM »

The ships are definitely performing they're not super powered or getting demolished. The capitals are in a good spot but the cruisers are definitely over performing for their DP. The problem is the medium rail gun--equip a gongen with 5 hyper velocity guns vs 5 fujins and the difference is massive. The medium rails should be 15 OP for their performance or just decrease their damage to be slightly higher than the HVG's.

In big fleet fights i'm not seeing any huge performance difference but when compared in the simulation the cruisers are easily slaughtering more expensive ships. I'm using my vanilla apogees as a measuring stick and the gongen should be 20 DP or have 10 OP removed. If you put it up against a 22 DP eagle it will slaughter it handily and it's only 18 DP. I put it up against 25 DP of frigates and it didn't even lose it's armor.

PuffyJelly

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Musashi Manufactorum Ship and Weapon Packs 1.2.5
« Reply #106 on: Today at 03:16:14 AM »

The ships are definitely performing they're not super powered or getting demolished. The capitals are in a good spot but the cruisers are definitely over performing for their DP. The problem is the medium rail gun--equip a gongen with 5 hyper velocity guns vs 5 fujins and the difference is massive. The medium rails should be 15 OP for their performance or just decrease their damage to be slightly higher than the HVG's.

In big fleet fights i'm not seeing any huge performance difference but when compared in the simulation the cruisers are easily slaughtering more expensive ships. I'm using my vanilla apogees as a measuring stick and the gongen should be 20 DP or have 10 OP removed. If you put it up against a 22 DP eagle it will slaughter it handily and it's only 18 DP. I put it up against 25 DP of frigates and it didn't even lose it's armor.

You're right. I think the issue is more from the rail rifle than the ship layout. The rail should be at least 16 in its current state which brings the cost too cost to large weapons in my opinion. I think I will nerf the damage a little and adjust the OP cost to 14.

The main reason the rail rifle is overpowered is that when it hit the shield, it does 200% damage - similar to a regular energy weapon but when it hit armor, it doesn't do 50, it explodes and does 100% damage.
« Last Edit: Today at 03:37:28 AM by PuffyJelly »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]