Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Clearer contrasting/more visible range indicator  (Read 1616 times)

Retry

• Captain
    • View Profile
Clearer contrasting/more visible range indicator
« on: September 22, 2018, 03:36:16 PM »

I've noticed that, during heated battles with lots of ships moving about and projectiles flying around and when particularly long ranges are involved (Including, but not limited to, most large weapons on a Cruiser/Capital with ITU or anything with an Advanced Targeting Core), it can become a bit difficult to see the range circle and thus judge ranges from your guns to the vessels.  This sometimes results in me getting much closer than I need to, or firing from too far away and wasting my flux boost.  Being further zoomed out, having lots of ships/projectiles around, and even having the red "target lock" text open around the outer orange range radius seems to contribute in muddling range awareness.

Could an option to increase the contrast or the brightness of the orange range indicator, or maybe a way to make it thicker and clearer, be introduced somewhere in options, so it's clearer to see at these longer ranges?  It's not a big issue but it would be a nice option to have.

Bribe Guntails

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Clearer contrasting/more visible range indicator
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2018, 07:40:47 PM »

Playing Forlorn Hope on a 1080p display has shown that the range arcs are somewhat faint when fully zoomed out.
Perhaps stronger, bolder lines will fix it.

Darloth

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Clearer contrasting/more visible range indicator
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2018, 07:28:37 AM »

Ideally they'd stay the same brightness and contrast and relative scale (one which is visible) even as you zoom out.

Whether that's actually possible is another question.