Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Release When?  (Read 25064 times)

Embercloud

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Release When?
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2018, 10:21:48 AM »

I expect the jump from .9 to 1.0 to be less painful but still, I think 2019 is a stretch.

I doubt it. I’ll stay cautiously pessimistic until we get 1.0 patch notes or if alex ever feels the need to share his todo-list. In the meantime, X4 is coming out 30th november. I hope it will be good but I still have PTSD from the release of rebirth.

Cyan Leader

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2018, 11:33:54 AM »

Looking forward to that myself though I hear all X games had rocky launches.

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2018, 05:19:51 PM »

INB4 Alex releases a .10 after .9 >.>
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Piemanlives

• Commander
  • I've Got This, I think...
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2018, 08:47:40 PM »

Version numbers become an indicator of how many times Alex will need to rework the economy.
This is called me throwing my missile swarm at you, and by swarm I mean massacre, and by missiles... I actually just mean missiles, there's actually not much to it really.

Elijah

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2018, 11:14:07 AM »

Version numbers become an indicator of how many times Alex will need to rework the economy.

How do I upvote this?

Soychi

• Lieutenant
  • Ad Rem
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2018, 01:56:46 PM »

Currently hasn't he done this 8 times? I remember three "extensions" and he said this to be released version went through 5 iterations? So, if we just changed right now, wouldn't we expect the next version to be .8?
ARE YOU A COWARD? This is not for you. We badly need a brave man. He must be 23 to 25 years old, in perfect health, at least six feet tall, weigh about 190 pounds, fluent English with some French, proficient with all weapons, some knowledge of engineering and mathematics essential, willing to travel, no family or emotional ties, indomitably courageous and handsome of face and figure. Permanent employment, very high pay, glorious adventure, great danger. -Glory Road, Heinlein

Elijah

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2018, 09:03:15 AM »

I have to say, I've been waiting for the 0.9 very calmly up until now. But, from the last week, I'm checking the website almost every day! Maybe it is because I feel the release is getting closer and I may realistically refresh and see the 0.9 blog post :D :D :D

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2018, 04:17:16 PM »

Previous major releases have been about a month after the last pre-release patch notes update.

CopperCoyote

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2018, 04:40:59 PM »

Previous major releases have been about a month after the last pre-release patch notes update.

That would imply late november then. Personally i'm feeling december sometime. This is a beast of an update so bucking the trend and taking longer seems more likely. That said I'm still going to be checking the forum every day (sometimes multiple times)
Itches are scratched. Back-rubs are savored.

Bribe Guntails

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2018, 10:26:48 PM »

Every day I'm checking Twitter, the website, and the forums. Looking for anything new. Can't help checking. Put off 0.8.1 anticipating 0.9 update.

Embercloud

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2018, 01:13:56 AM »

Every day I'm checking Twitter, the website, and the forums. Looking for anything new. Can't help checking. Put off 0.8.1 anticipating 0.9 update.

Same here, but even now, there is not a shred of doubt that it won’t be worth it.

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2018, 01:21:45 AM »

if ur on twitter you could pass the time waiting by harassing alex replying to all his tweets
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then

Bribe Guntails

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2018, 11:02:54 AM »

if ur on twitter you could pass the time waiting by harassing alex replying to all his tweets

I've considered that a few times, but that's drawing away dev time.

Cyan Leader

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 31, 2018, 12:22:04 PM »

I had the impression he still had a good chuck of tuning to do since the balance of the economy/colonies is so essential to this patch, something the other versions didn't have.

Either way, I'd say wait until RCs are confirmed being developed before hyping this up.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 31, 2018, 12:57:58 PM »

Not hyping anything, just pointing out history as a possible answer to the topic question.  I would not be surprised if Alex tries to surprise many with a sudden release without warning (or at least without more warning than blogs and patch notes).
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6