Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Ship Prefix Renaming  (Read 3160 times)

Namelessjake

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Ship Prefix Renaming
« on: August 15, 2018, 10:32:00 AM »

A pretty simple suggestion, but for RP purposes I like to rename ships I buy to have a certain prefix depending on my current status, so ISS if I'm independent, PLS if under commission with the League etc. rather than leave them with the faction prefix of wherever I bought them, ending up with multiple different prefixes in my fleet. Although at the moment to do this you have to delete the entire name of the ship, which can be annoying, especially if you're not great at coming up with ship names and forget the original one.

So what I'm proposing is have two fields for the ship name, a small one for the prefix, say 4 characters max, followed by the ship's name itself. It wouldn't make much of a difference but I think it'd be a small quality of life boost for anyone who likes to role play with their ship names in their fleet.

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
Re: Ship Prefix Renaming
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2018, 12:20:50 PM »

I THINK we are getting the ability to add in our own prefixes with the next update
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2018, 04:54:03 AM »

In general I'd like it if text input wasn't clamped to the end of the string in all input fields.

Sy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2018, 09:15:23 AM »

I THINK we are getting the ability to add in our own prefixes with the next update
yep, at least for the auto-generated fleets of our faction:

i don't know if this applies to the player fleet as well though. if not, i'd like to see Namelessjake's suggestion as well. changing prefix can be a little bit annoying, and i also don't like that it counts against the already not-super-long character limit of the name itself.