Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: [0.97a] Weapon Arcs 1.7.2  (Read 154618 times)

Archigo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Weapon Arcs 1.4.0
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2021, 06:25:24 AM »

Glad to hear you like it. Broadside ships and missiles was my reason for creating the mod  :)

CrimsonPhalanx

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Crash with Diable Avionics Ship System
« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2021, 01:28:50 PM »

I realize it's been two years.. but hopefully this crash has been fixed in the new version 1.4.0 :)
[/quote]

I'm using 1.4.1 and "assume wing control" from diable avionics and sadly it still crashes the game, at least in simulation, the moment I hit the skill the game crashes with a null error, removed the mod and now the system works fine.
I'm not sure if this problem applies to other mods with a similar system that allows you to take control of a secondary craft

Archigo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2021, 03:01:14 PM »

I'm using 1.4.1 and "assume wing control" from diable avionics and sadly it still crashes the game, at least in simulation, the moment I hit the skill the game crashes with a null error, removed the mod and now the system works fine.
I'm not sure if this problem applies to other mods with a similar system that allows you to take control of a secondary craft

I'm doing the mission "T minus zero" and there is no issue assuming wing control from the gust. Are you refitting the scenario with some other fighter? I've tested with the default wanzer and a flash bomber wing. No issues.

CrimsonPhalanx

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2021, 04:36:30 AM »

I'm doing the mission "T minus zero" and there is no issue assuming wing control from the gust. Are you refitting the scenario with some other fighter? I've tested with the default wanzer and a flash bomber wing. No issues.

I tested again
funny enough its does not crash in T minus zero or other missions, but when I go onto the simulation in campaign mode it crashes, not sure why, although I didn't test in actual battle
as for fighters so far it crashes no matter what I equip, and stops once I remove this mod

Spoiler
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at data.scripts.WeaponArcsPlugin.advance(WeaponArcsPlugin.java:111)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.Object.L$Oo.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.oOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.B.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advanceInner(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]

Archigo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2021, 06:25:15 AM »

I tested again
funny enough its does not crash in T minus zero or other missions, but when I go onto the simulation in campaign mode it crashes, not sure why, although I didn't test in actual battle
as for fighters so far it crashes no matter what I equip, and stops once I remove this mod

Spoiler
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.oOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.B.super(Unknown Source)
[close]

What is your modlist? I can not reproduce this.

CrimsonPhalanx

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2021, 08:21:10 AM »

I tested again

Spoiler
[close]

What is your modlist? I can not reproduce this.

Since my modlist is very big I decided to look around some other mods to help narrow down the culprits
and suddenly even I can't replicate it anymore even when its the same setup that worked 4-6 times earlier.
I'll update you if I find out more information or crash again, for now just assume my game state/save was cursed or something at the time. Apologies for the trouble.

Maniaks

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Weapon Arcs 1.4.1
« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2021, 12:34:30 AM »

Any way to make the arcs more round/smooth? I know it's stupid thing, but the vanilla arcs are more smooth and this is annoying me  ;D

Archigo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Weapon Arcs 1.4.1
« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2021, 11:06:48 AM »

Any way to make the arcs more round/smooth? I know it's stupid thing, but the vanilla arcs are more smooth and this is annoying me  ;D

In version 1.5.0 there is now a setting to change this. put in a lower number to get a smoother arc.

KZadBhat

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Weapon Arcs 1.5.0
« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2021, 02:27:09 AM »

Working so well and lovely so far, but I'm wondering if there's a chance of using color coded arcs. It would make it easier to tell what weapon has what range if each could be a different color.

Helldiver

• Captain
  • space fruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2021, 11:58:20 AM »

Working so well and lovely so far, but I'm wondering if there's a chance of using color coded arcs. It would make it easier to tell what weapon has what range if each could be a different color.

Do you mean separate colors for each weapon group or different colors for weapon arcs within a same group?
Afflictor bean plushie that glows purple when you squeeze it
30$

Archigo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2021, 12:01:05 AM »

In version 1.6.0 you can now set individual colors for weapon groups from the settings file.

Helldiver

• Captain
  • space fruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2021, 05:09:31 AM »

In version 1.6.0 you can now set individual colors for weapon groups from the settings file.

Damn that's awesome.
Afflictor bean plushie that glows purple when you squeeze it
30$

KZadBhat

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Weapon Arcs 1.6.0
« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2021, 06:09:26 AM »

Exactly what I was hoping for, thank you very much! Makes the firing conditions a great deal more decipherable. This may in fact be the most useful mod, and getting better all the time.

Mr_8000

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 07, 2021, 08:09:22 PM »

The added toggle workaround seems to be affecting the standard alt key as well, I can no long hold alt+number, instead I press alt and toggle with the number keys then press it again. This wouldn't be much of an issue except that every time I tab out and then in again the moment I swap weapon groups the arcs start appearing.

Larkeith

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 01, 2022, 02:22:32 AM »

I've submitted a pull request that adds an option to configure the number of range bands the weapon arcs show - with the default setting of 4, the behaviour is unchanged. Personally I have it set to 1, as it helps improve clarity and reduce visual noise.

With rangeBands = 1 (Showing only the outermost)

Spoiler

[close]
rangeBands = 10 (I'm not sure why you would do this)
Spoiler

[close]
rangeBands = 0 (I'm not sure why you would do this either, unless you only care about where your guns are pointing. I might submit another PR with an option to disable the arc edges at some point, because that could be useful.)
Spoiler

[close]

The tweaked mod can be found at https://github.com/Lrizika/WeaponArcsStarsector/raw/master/WeaponArcs.zip
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4