Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Sylphon RnD 1.0  (Read 335308 times)

Last_Cetra

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Sylphon RnD 1.0
« Reply #465 on: April 21, 2021, 06:08:06 PM »

Ok so, I really like this mod, its one of my essentials for modded Starsector.  Since it's not the author's primary focus at the moment, I wanted to try and update it for 0.95a like I did for Hiigaran Descendants. 

Here's a barebones update to 0.95a.   The only things changed were the OnHit functions for all the various unique weapons were updated to the newer version, adding a new memoryMap to the bar dialog system, and I had to change the "alwaysAccelerate=true" value to false in the "SRD_nullspace_entry.system" file to accommodate the changes to the Maneuvering Jet AI.  This is of course released under the same license as the original, which is what lets me do this update. All credit of course goes to Nia Tahl and co. for making this amazing mod in the first place.

This release is provided AS-IS.  I won't be doing any updates beyond compatibility, such as if there's a major gamebreaking issue.  I tested it in game, and the systems spawn, ships work, and combat works, but I haven't put a full playthrough into it in 0.95a, so let me know if there are any serious issues not present in the original version.

you are a boss, my dude.

In fact, let me assist by play testing it this very minute

Chikanuk

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: April 21, 2021, 09:41:24 PM »

Ok so, I really like this mod, its one of my essentials for modded Starsector.  Since it's not the author's primary focus at the moment, I wanted to try and update it for 0.95a like I did for Hiigaran Descendants. 
You sir, now have my respect and gratitude!

bombasticmori

• Ensign
  • I like moths!
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: April 22, 2021, 03:44:08 AM »

Ma'am, but thanks.  Just let me know if you have any issues. I've put in a bit of play time since updating but still not as much as I'd like.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2021, 11:03:57 AM by bombasticmori »
Lover of moths
Nexus Profile: NovaCoru

Kurtdovah

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: April 27, 2021, 01:15:51 AM »

I hope this mod will be update for the actual version of starsector :3

MedwedxXx

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: April 27, 2021, 08:08:03 AM »

I hope this mod will be update for the actual version of starsector :3

It is (2 to 3 post above you)

NCLR

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: June 17, 2021, 03:18:12 AM »

Even though it was a joke, expecting to be paid for updating a modification you've made on your own volition is pretty sad, just ditch the modification if you don't wish to update it any further or hand over the development to anyone who's capable and willing to take over for you.

connortron7

• Captain
  • "God has cursed me for my hubris" - brian gilbert
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: June 17, 2021, 07:39:29 AM »

Even though it was a joke, expecting to be paid for updating a modification you've made on your own volition is pretty sad, just ditch the modification if you don't wish to update it any further or hand over the development to anyone who's capable and willing to take over for you.

How is that sad? They spent countless hours on making the sprites from near scratch and even more to make the advanced unique coding that goes into making the mod work. So while yes they where joking, it would not be "sad" to not want spend countless more hours trying to update the mod just like that, with starsectors newest version comes alot of under the hood changes that break mods like this 100 different ways, hence why more advanced mods like this and blackrock are not so easy and simple to update.

Besides if they truely dont want to work on it then they are under no obligation to hand over the mod they made to someone else to update, if they wish it to die, then like the valkyre mod, it will stay dead
« Last Edit: June 17, 2021, 07:41:49 AM by connortron7 »

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: June 17, 2021, 07:42:04 AM »

Except for China, where they don't care and they revive it anyway!

connortron7

• Captain
  • "God has cursed me for my hubris" - brian gilbert
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: June 17, 2021, 07:52:00 AM »

Except for China, where they don't care and they revive it anyway!
What? Valkyre said it was fine as they just never wanted to see the mod again, and since they would never go to the chinese forms it was A-OK

Dreamw4lk3r

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: June 25, 2021, 06:26:40 AM »

Here's a barebones update to 0.95a.   The only things changed were the OnHit functions for all the various unique weapons were updated to the newer version, adding a new memoryMap to the bar dialog system, and I had to change the "alwaysAccelerate=true" value to false in the "SRD_nullspace_entry.system" file to accommodate the changes to the Maneuvering Jet AI.  This is of course released under the same license as the original, which is what lets me do this update. All credit of course goes to Nia Tahl and co. for making this amazing mod in the first place.

This release is provided AS-IS.  I won't be doing any updates beyond compatibility, such as if there's a major gamebreaking issue.  I tested it in game, and the systems spawn, ships work, and combat works, but I haven't put a full playthrough into it in 0.95a, so let me know if there are any serious issues not present in the original version.

I would also like to thank you for making this mod available :) It's one of the best faction mods so even if it's just barebones I'm glad for it!

ColdComfort

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: October 13, 2021, 11:48:10 PM »

Thanks for this! Allowed me to play the mod in my latest run, and honestly would have missed out on his masterpiece otherwise.

Just a quick note to say how much I loved playing this mod. Super impressed with the aesthetic of the ships (love the exhaust and shimmer effects), purple lasers, all that. And then there's all the unique hull mods, ship systems, and abilities. So well done. chef's kiss/10. All that cool stuff left me wanting more lore though!

Bast

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: October 14, 2021, 07:55:05 PM »

Ma'am, but thanks.  Just let me know if you have any issues. I've put in a bit of play time since updating but still not as much as I'd like.

Thank you for all your hardwork non the less, and i will have some time this weekend and next week to put in some more testing of it. I am so glad i have one of my fav factions back.

Juan-Dela_Cruz

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: December 13, 2021, 07:58:17 AM »

Has the bootlegs been tested in 0.95.1a-RC5?

Pet_Mudstone

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: April 11, 2022, 05:27:22 PM »

Has the bootlegs been tested in 0.95.1a-RC5?

I haven't extensively tested it yet but the game still runs fine with the bootleg loaded.

TalRaziid

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: January 21, 2023, 09:00:18 PM »

Anyone know why/how to fix the "Veritas" large ballistic weapon not being usable? Its in my inventory but it doesn't show up when i go to slap it on a ship
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34