Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 34

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Sylphon RnD 1.0  (Read 335310 times)

Henri9897

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Sylphon RnD 0.9.10 - The inevitable Valestri nerf
« Reply #435 on: December 09, 2020, 01:39:34 AM »

Hi, I really love the mod the ships and weapons are super fun to use and fight against. I just had a question, where can I find the outcast ? btw I tried a few ships that we can't get, the omega_aeterna  is really powerful, I mean i deployed one against a pirate horde and i won, this not a complaint since those ships are unavailable without console command and are really fun to use.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2020, 09:08:07 AM by Henri9897 »

Phoenixheart

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: December 09, 2020, 09:18:52 AM »

The outcast ships and weapons were removed a few versions ago.

Personally though, I hope to see them come back someday, maybe as a full faction :P (I'm a sucker for black/red color schemes, and the art on them was particularly well done)

Henri9897

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: December 11, 2020, 03:16:16 AM »

Oh that's a shame, they could be an IBB bounty perhaps ? The metafilica would be a pretty cool boss.

Phoenixheart

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: December 15, 2020, 11:30:02 AM »

Fortunately the Metafalica was actually moved over to the Great Houses faction in Nia's Tahlan Shipworks mod with a brown-ish paint job, and swaps the nullspace conduits for the Great Houses mods. It kept the adaptive flux/armor feature though, as well as the hybrid guns, which is neat. It's available as a HVB.

Phoenixheart

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: December 15, 2020, 11:34:23 AM »

Possible Nexerelin Prism/HVB bug, possible user error:
Playing as Sylphon in Nexerelin, I got the Balance Unto All HVB quest. Killed it (with transponder off to not tank my own faction standing), was unable to salvage it from the fight, but it never showed up in the Prism market either, unlike the other HVB/IBB ships I failed to loot. Is that because it's from my own faction? I was hoping to use it as my flagship lol.

I think I've seen both HVB and IBB ships in prism, but I can only remember seeing IBB ships now that I think about it, are the HVB ships also supposed to go to the Prism market?

I can always add it with console commands, but I prefer not using them when possible.

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: December 15, 2020, 02:30:29 PM »

Possible Nexerelin Prism/HVB bug, possible user error:
Playing as Sylphon in Nexerelin, I got the Balance Unto All HVB quest. Killed it (with transponder off to not tank my own faction standing), was unable to salvage it from the fight, but it never showed up in the Prism market either, unlike the other HVB/IBB ships I failed to loot. Is that because it's from my own faction? I was hoping to use it as my flagship lol.

I think I've seen both HVB and IBB ships in prism, but I can only remember seeing IBB ships now that I think about it, are the HVB ships also supposed to go to the Prism market?

I can always add it with console commands, but I prefer not using them when possible.

I just never added support for the prism spawns to Sylphon, is all. Will patch that in eventually.
My mods: Tahlan Shipworks - ScalarTech Solutions - Trailer Moments
It's all in the presentation

Phoenixheart

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: December 15, 2020, 03:38:46 PM »

Gotcha, thanks! I'll see if I can figure out how to add it myself for the time being, more knowledge is always good lol.

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Sylphon RnD 1.0
« Reply #442 on: December 19, 2020, 05:50:57 AM »

Update 1.0

Here's a new major balance pass on the faction, partially reworking some hulls. Content-wise the faction has been about where I want it to be for a while now, so might as well put the 1.0 sticker on it.

Changelog:
Spoiler
Changes:
- Eolia
   - Deck count reduced to 2
   - Dissipation increased to 600
   - Armor increased to 600
- Synastry
   - Increased built-in beam damage
   - built-in beam now inhibits movement of targets
   - System changed to Nullpoint Barrier
- Valestri
   - Increased burn level to 8
   - Increased armor to 1200
- Replekia
   - Increased armor to 1500
- Dread Eagle
   - Increased burn level to 9
   - Increased armor to 700
- Rakia
   - Increased burn level to 9
- Equilibrium
   - DP lowered to 50
- Finis Astra
   - Beam Damage roughly doubled
   - Halved ppt cost to fire
   - Götterdämmerung now pierces fighters
- Ascordia
   - DP lowered from 30 to 26
- Etrika
   - Shield efficiency increased from 1.1 to 1.0
- Silverhead
   - DP lowered from 12 to 10
- Rakia
   - System changed to HEF
- Various beams now properly pierce missiles
[close]

Twilight Sentinel

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: December 19, 2020, 07:08:59 PM »

Hah, I've been playing a game with Sylphon and have been compiling a report on bugs and thoughts for them.  But the new version came out before I posted it.  Looks like those are all balance changes and will probably be save compatible?

I will at least post what I have so far for my report, since I've mentioned it.
Spoiler
Errors/bugs
-Errors in fuel station system: Asteroid belt too close to star, inner jump point too close to star.  Confuses AI fleets trying to reach them.  Tri-tach farming world missing habitable tag (and any other hazard modifying traits desired).
-Faction should have some small tanker ship and some small crew transport ship.  Either drams/mudskippers or something new.
-Sylph core ships should probably be restricted to military market only.  So they aren't selling random AI cores on their markets.
-Prices on Sylph cores should be looked at.  Subtracting the cost of the AI core leaves a ship that's extremely cheep.
-Interacting with the Remnant has bugs.  While commissioned by Sylph, they have the hostile dialogue if you make contact with them, but aren't actually hostile.  The player is forced to attack them to get out of the dialogue.
-Mariana capital transport ships have too low ordinance points.  They're 35 less than the Atlas and Prometheus.  They instead have the same ordinance as the cruiser sized transport ship, the Collosus.  Putting augmented drive core and militarized subsystems on it costs 65 ordinance.

Positives
-Really like nullspace circuits, lets me go all in on flavor fleet choices by putting them on all ships that are missing integrated circuits.
-Drone carrier ship is good.
-Fighter options are good.
-Like the variety of weapons and the focus on medium range.
-Graphical theme of the faction is great.  With engines, abilities, and weapon effects consistent too.
[close]

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: December 20, 2020, 04:10:16 AM »

Hah, I've been playing a game with Sylphon and have been compiling a report on bugs and thoughts for them.  But the new version came out before I posted it.  Looks like those are all balance changes and will probably be save compatible?

I will at least post what I have so far for my report, since I've mentioned it.
Spoiler
Errors/bugs
-Errors in fuel station system: Asteroid belt too close to star, inner jump point too close to star.  Confuses AI fleets trying to reach them.  Tri-tach farming world missing habitable tag (and any other hazard modifying traits desired).
-Faction should have some small tanker ship and some small crew transport ship.  Either drams/mudskippers or something new.
-Sylph core ships should probably be restricted to military market only.  So they aren't selling random AI cores on their markets.
-Prices on Sylph cores should be looked at.  Subtracting the cost of the AI core leaves a ship that's extremely cheep.
-Interacting with the Remnant has bugs.  While commissioned by Sylph, they have the hostile dialogue if you make contact with them, but aren't actually hostile.  The player is forced to attack them to get out of the dialogue.
-Mariana capital transport ships have too low ordinance points.  They're 35 less than the Atlas and Prometheus.  They instead have the same ordinance as the cruiser sized transport ship, the Collosus.  Putting augmented drive core and militarized subsystems on it costs 65 ordinance.

Positives
-Really like nullspace circuits, lets me go all in on flavor fleet choices by putting them on all ships that are missing integrated circuits.
-Drone carrier ship is good.
-Fighter options are good.
-Like the variety of weapons and the focus on medium range.
-Graphical theme of the faction is great.  With engines, abilities, and weapon effects consistent too.
[close]

I'll fix the dram thing at some point. The rest I can't be bothered to check. The mod isn't really in active development anymore. Take it as it is.

Flacman3000

• Commander
  • A man cannot put his shaft into the unknown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: December 24, 2020, 01:10:11 AM »

Hey, man awesome mod! I was wondering how I can implement andromeda into my game It red to personalize my favorite ship hull with my favorite color. Do you have ship data for it or any way I can implement it into my game I would like to just purchase it as a rarer Replekia or just simply spawn one in let me know, please!!!
Ryzen 7 2700x, 1080ti, 16GB DDR4 RAM and playing SS on a SSD - Always stay ahead because when you're ahead you're rear anatomy is open to interpretation.

Twilight Sentinel

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: February 07, 2021, 12:40:45 PM »

I can confirm from my most recent game that adding the mudskipper to the Sylphon's known ship list will cause their expedition fleets to include several mudskippers to transport their marines and prevent strange behaviors with those expeditions if the player is present for them.  Likely the easiest fix for holes in the faction's ship list would be to simply give them access to all the common ship designs.  This will also help fill out their ship markets.  They'll still use their own ships when possible.

SpaceManMonster

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: March 04, 2021, 09:58:03 PM »

How do I change the seresvalla back to the old ship system ability?

Spardok

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: March 05, 2021, 12:56:49 AM »

So odd bug with the battlecarrier. Combat autofit has 4 launchbay slots, Strike has 6.

Sabaton

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: March 05, 2021, 02:12:26 AM »

So odd bug with the battlecarrier. Combat autofit has 4 launchbay slots, Strike has 6.

If you're talking about the Frelia, it's not a bug but a feature. You can choose between a fighter bay or a large mount on the wings.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 34