Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 34

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Sylphon RnD 1.0  (Read 335440 times)

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9a] Sylphon RnD 0.9.2a - Nex support ahoy
« Reply #165 on: January 15, 2019, 11:39:47 PM »

Minor bug: the new "Embrace S" is learnable from the Sylphon basic blueprint pack, rather than being only a built-in for the Ravana wing.  ...Also, it looks like the Ravana wings are still using the regular "Embrace" weapon.
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

Nicke535

• Commander
  • Degenerate Core
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 16, 2019, 01:24:53 AM »

Just beware that the null lightning bolt will fry everything in front of it, friend or foe. Sylphon ships take reduce damage from it but their fighter wings are likely to be fry on the spot. It still a great tool to smite fighter swarm.

The lightning bolts do not hit targets with Nullspace Conduits, be they friend or foe. While Sylphon fighter wings do often get fried because of this, their ships are completely safe from harm; friendly fire is mostly an issue when running combined fleets or as previously mentioned having fighters in the way.

Nicke535

• Commander
  • Degenerate Core
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 16, 2019, 01:35:29 AM »

Random bug, the top right small energy mount on the Omega Aeterna (both versions) is a medium mount.

Will fix that for now, but keep in mind that Omega Aeterna is not intended to be available in-game; it is not even remotely balanced or fair.

Minor bug: the new "Embrace S" is learnable from the Sylphon basic blueprint pack, rather than being only a built-in for the Ravana wing.  ...Also, it looks like the Ravana wings are still using the regular "Embrace" weapon.
...yep, that seems to be the case. Fixing for next patch.

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9a] Sylphon RnD 0.9.3
« Reply #168 on: January 16, 2019, 04:39:00 AM »

Sylphon RnD - Update 0.9.4

With a new tournament on the way, here's a patch with various fixes and some balancing tweaks. Nothing too special this time around.

Changelog:
Spoiler
Changes:
- The Metafalica's Type-3 shells are now splitter-shells
- Updated the hullmod description for the Variable Ammo Loader
- The Sylvetra's nanobots have had their metal-to-ammo gain rebalanced; they are now slightly better at refilling high-ammo weapons and slightly worse at refilling low-OP weapons (most notable on Reaper-like torpedoes)
- Added a small sound effect to the Sylvetra's nanobots when refilling a missile

Bugfixes:
- Fixed the Frelia having incorrect shield color
- The Ravana now properly uses two Embrace S instead of two Embraces
- The Embrace S can no longer be gained from blueprints, and does not show up in refit

Balancing:
- Adjusted the base prices of most weapons and some ships to be more within vanilla ranges
- Reduced Valestri shield efficiency from 0.9 to 1.0
[close]
My mods: Tahlan Shipworks - ScalarTech Solutions - Trailer Moments
It's all in the presentation

Nicke535

• Commander
  • Degenerate Core
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 16, 2019, 06:15:01 AM »

Oh right, one thing that was implemented last patch, but is slightly glossed-over in the patch notes...

A Random Jolteon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 16, 2019, 06:41:30 AM »

Hoooly...That. Is. BEAUTIFUL.
Hi. I exist. Bye.

FreedomFighter

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 16, 2019, 06:55:44 AM »

Just beware that the null lightning bolt will fry everything in front of it, friend or foe. Sylphon ships take reduce damage from it but their fighter wings are likely to be fry on the spot. It still a great tool to smite fighter swarm.

The lightning bolts do not hit targets with Nullspace Conduits, be they friend or foe. While Sylphon fighter wings do often get fried because of this, their ships are completely safe from harm; friendly fire is mostly an issue when running combined fleets or as previously mentioned having fighters in the way.

Odd. My Dread Eagle got fry by Equilibirium often. Grant, it wasn't that strong hit because Null Conduit reduce its damage. It love to null skip in place then raise shield which bolts me in the rear. Doesn't seem so severe with Seresvalla. I need to actually test it because there is nothing behind me except other Sylphon ship.

Any plan with Rakia? Using it for awhile and feel like it should be prize ship, one of the kind. It pretty strong on its own and nimble. It makes ordinary phase ship run for money. Still creeps me out when it gone into null space. Overall I enjoy this mod and paint the galaxy pink. Some ship AI like Dread Eagle might need adjusting but it is fine if you want it to be player ship. Pretty potent and fun to use. Didn't get to try Replekia yet. I not show up on the market but I got Rakia pretty early on so that is something.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 08:42:11 AM by FreedomFighter »

Mr. Nobody

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 16, 2019, 08:38:45 AM »

Question, would it be possible to outfit the Sylphon fighters with a pseudo-nullspace conduit just so they don't get fried by the lighting bolts? Well, assuming it makes sense lore-wise.
On the left half of the Bell curve

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 16, 2019, 10:46:08 AM »

Fighters are too small for that tech lore-wise. The faction overall isn't meant to be particularly good at using fighters anyway.

LB

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 16, 2019, 11:00:56 AM »

I think Dread Eagle plays much better now with the flux change, big thumbs-up for that. Putting everything into capacitors before to try to fit its role felt suboptimal compared to everything in vents.

- The Sylvetra's nanobots have had their metal-to-ammo gain rebalanced; they are now slightly better at refilling high-ammo weapons and slightly worse at refilling low-OP weapons (most notable on Reaper-like torpedoes)

Haha, the longer I wait to work on ICE the more all of its old specialties will look like they've been plagiarized from newer mods.

Also, did I meet you playing Dreadnought at some point (as "Anthem")?

Nicke535

• Commander
  • Degenerate Core
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: January 16, 2019, 11:39:33 AM »

Odd. My Dread Eagle got fry by Equilibirium often. Grant, it wasn't that strong hit because Null Conduit reduce its damage. It love to null skip in place then raise shield which bolts me in the rear. Doesn't seem so severe with Seresvalla. I need to actually test it because there is nothing behind me except other Sylphon ship.

Ah, no, that's me being too general; the Seresvallas lightning bolts do not hit targets with Nullspace Conduits. The Equi makes no distinction (though the damage is reduced as you say).

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 16, 2019, 11:57:59 AM »

Also, did I meet you playing Dreadnought at some point (as "Anthem")?

That was me, yep

FreedomFighter

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 16, 2019, 12:25:42 PM »

Fighters are too small for that tech lore-wise. The faction overall isn't meant to be particularly good at using fighters anyway.

It is also unmanned so I don't think they'll care that much.

Ah, no, that's me being too general; the Seresvallas lightning bolts do not hit targets with Nullspace Conduits. The Equi makes no distinction (though the damage is reduced as you say).

I see. Yike. I don't think I'll need any more player ship since I got Rakia and Dread Eagle is my fallback/relax option already.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 12:27:28 PM by FreedomFighter »

Thyrork

• Lieutenant
  • Give more then you take.
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 17, 2019, 05:36:57 AM »

So I apologize that I cant really offer constructive feedback here but;

I adore this mod. It just strikes an itch for high tech warships with their own quirk that is really satisfying and the limited range on many of their mainline guns make them feel thrilling to fly. Watching 6+ frigates burn from a flux exchanger discharge? That moment is what drove me to post this. Its just so full of satisfying gameplay! The steep cost on supply being offset by the lower crew really caught me early game too, making many frantic purchases of supplies to keep my fleet going. I just... really like this faction.
Bio engineering starship mods is extremely Safe. I did the math.

Katsumi

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 17, 2019, 11:44:07 AM »

Haha, the longer I wait to work on ICE the more all of its old specialties will look like they've been plagiarized from newer mods.

Don't feel bad. It's okay to occupy the same niche as something else, and it doesn't really matter who did what first. As long as you do something and do it well, with heart and creativity, you're still enriching the game with variety. Heck, I'd use ICE and Sylphon R&D even if their ships had the exact same gimmicks and stats, just because I love their respective looks and flavor.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 34