Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 34

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Sylphon RnD 1.0  (Read 335446 times)

Fantastic Chimni

• Commander
  • Chimni
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9a] Sylphon RnD 0.9rc2
« Reply #90 on: November 23, 2018, 08:20:09 AM »

So uh, you remember that bug with the smoke rendering above the purple outline? Yeah its doing it again.

Nicke535

• Commander
  • Degenerate Core
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 23, 2018, 08:46:29 AM »

So uh, you remember that bug with the smoke rendering above the purple outline? Yeah its doing it again.
I'm unfortunately aware. Now it actually does this on my device as well, due to switching over to a new render script. I'm currently working on figuring out a solution for it.

grinningsphinx

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 24, 2018, 03:02:14 PM »

The Harmonius is showing up in weapons caches and other places, and it really shouldnt be..its an ultraspecialized weapon that costs 10k OP and i only equipable on a single ship. Bad design imo.

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 24, 2018, 05:10:20 PM »

Aye, the harmonius is going away soonish. We're abandoning the superheavy mounts idea in its entirety.
My mods: Tahlan Shipworks - ScalarTech Solutions - Trailer Moments
It's all in the presentation

Shoat

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 29, 2018, 03:06:36 AM »

Just started trying out this mod.

Got a quick question: There are several ships (the ones that are black isntead of poiple) that reference an "outcast" faction. Do those have any bases somewhere? Are blueprints of their ships acquirable?

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 29, 2018, 03:44:54 AM »

There are no outcast bases as of yet, but their blueprints can be found and their ships have a small chance of spawning in Sylphon fleets and markets.

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9a] Sylphon RnD 0.9.1
« Reply #96 on: November 29, 2018, 02:13:07 PM »

Here's a small update with a bunch of fixes and changes I wanted to get out asap. Will break saves, I'm afraid, but on the other hand it adds a fancy new ship (even though it's not entirely finished just yet).

Presenting the Synastry-class EWAR-cruiser.

equipped with a unique support weapon and all sensors you need to go surveying
« Last Edit: December 02, 2018, 04:27:59 AM by Nia Tahl »

travhill20

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 02, 2018, 01:48:32 AM »

The ships are beautiful and are useful without being OP. Easily my new favorite faction mod.

Ishman

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 02, 2018, 11:40:47 AM »

After playing around with this faction in .9, I've gotta say that these are my favorite non-vanilla utility ships (besides the Badger) - they actually compare nicely efficiency wise.

The high overhead costs of most mods' tanker and cargo vessels doesn't compensate sufficiently with the fact they have a few more weapon slots than the vanilla civilian ships, they're just more overhead (and soon to be crippled with the -cargo hold d mod if you actually toss them into fights).

These are just lovely and I don't feel terrible using them as part of my fleet.

Clutch31313

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 09, 2018, 09:53:13 PM »

I've started up a new game to try out the 0.9a update, and have just come across my first cache of ship blueprints. However, one of them in particular has caught my eye. I've only gotten about 60,000 credits, at the moment, and haven't even started a colony. So it's really tempting to simply sell this blueprint for the +1,000,000 credits it's supposed to be worth. Before I do, can anyone here give me some information about the Metafalica?

Katsumi

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 09, 2018, 11:48:35 PM »

It's a ghost pirate ship with a focus on broadsides, a neat gimmick for its 3 in-built large mounts, and some stylin' aesthetics. I've been using it as my flagship. Keep that blueprint. Money comes and goes, but you may never find another one of those.

Clutch31313

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 09, 2018, 11:50:43 PM »

It's a ghost pirate ship with a focus on broadsides, a neat gimmick for its 3 in-built large mounts, and some stylin' aesthetics. I've been using it as my flagship. Keep that blueprint. Money comes and goes, but you may never find another one of those.

Thanks! I couldn't find anything about it in the in-game ship database. I'll take your advice, and keep the blueprint.

EDIT: I've finally manufactured and toyed around with the Metafalica. Holy hell was keeping that blueprint good advice. This may be one of the most (if not *the* most) fun ships I've ever used in this game. It's excellent without feeling completely overpowered. I'm not sure how one typically comes to own one of these things, but I can't help but think that stumbling across that blueprint was incredible fortune, indeed.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 10:58:30 PM by Clutch31313 »

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 12, 2018, 04:51:10 PM »

Right now Outcast ships are just rare finds that will very rarely spawn in Sylphon fleets. There's plans for these later on, but for now I've just left it in as a rare ship so people can actually fly it around. Next update should make the things rarer though. Especially the blueprint package for all the Outcast designs.

dostillevi

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 12, 2018, 05:10:24 PM »

I'm having some trouble with my dread eagles being overly aggressive and positioning themselves thrusters-out towards enemy ships when they jump behind a closer ship trying to get a kill. Ideally they'd consider other enemy ship placement a bit more and not put themselves into kill-boxes. Overall this makes them great for pursuing but leads to really poor performance in a "fair" fight.

They also have a tendency to drift far away from my other ships when they get really into trying to kill a small nimble ship. Any suggestions?

MorganOrgan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 21, 2018, 05:01:10 AM »

Okarra and Equilibrium need 10-15* more traverse on heavy mounts. They are unable to bring both weapons to bear on ships, making the option of non symetrical loadout a lot better than having 2 weapons (from which only one can hit a target and just pumps flux up).
It is less noticable on Equilibrium because it fights cruisers and capitals mostly, but fighting destroyers and cruisers with Okarra is simply annoying.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 34