Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 34

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Sylphon RnD 1.0  (Read 335347 times)

Amie

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a] Sylphon RnD 0.7c-2
« Reply #45 on: July 27, 2018, 10:58:27 AM »

It's still being expanded upon. SCY has had plenty of time to get all those ships, though. The Outcast are only in their infancy and will grow over time. Whether it'll ever reach SCY levels, though, I can't really say at this time. Sylphon ships aren't really designed to come in different variants like SCY ships, but Outcast ships will mostly be variants of existing Sylphon ships for now, though.

Alrighty,thats great ! Keep up !

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 27, 2018, 12:04:30 PM »

There are 17 military Sylphon ships vs 19 for Scy (plus two armored variants) so he's already there.

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 27, 2018, 02:13:14 PM »

It's actually 19, 20 if you count the planetkiller, and that doesn't include Outcast and Tahlan ships. (could've sworn SCY had more ships than that. Huh)
My mods: Tahlan Shipworks - ScalarTech Solutions - Trailer Moments
It's all in the presentation

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a] Sylphon RnD 0.7d
« Reply #48 on: July 31, 2018, 06:13:18 AM »

Sylphon RnD - patch 0.7d

A number of nerfs for the nanolaminate armor ships and some new Outcast weapons. Nothing big, but some necessary changes there.

Download in first post as always

Enjoy~

Changelog:
Spoiler
0.7d
Additions:
-Added Ar Ciel Outcast heavy rail driver
-Added sim variants
-Added 3 variants of the Misja support drone, featuring High Explosive, Kinetic and PD versions.
-Added Qoga Outcast medium rail driver

Changes:
-Changed Slip Drive system to control like a phase skimmer

Balancing:
-Lowered Slip Drive recharge rate
-Added High Maintenance to Yukikaze
-Lowered Shiva impact
-Lowered Etrika armor rating to 750
-Increased Armor Polarization duration to 2s
-Increased Armor Polarization cooldown to 8s
-Replekia Armor lowered to 1400
-Lowered Replekia top speed to 50
-Lowered Metafalica top speed to 60
-Increased supply cost of Metafalica to 60/60

Bugfixes:
-Fixed Nanolaminate Armor related crash when using SWP's shield bypass (or anything else that removes the shield)
-Fixed an error related to the modular soother hullmod
[close]
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 05:14:54 PM by Nia Tahl »

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 31, 2018, 06:26:59 AM »

The thing is Scy got a bunch of ships removed over the years, plus a major sprite rework. So you might remember a lot more ships than there are currently in the mod (also I'm not counting the 5 civilian ships)

Amie

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 02, 2018, 04:14:04 AM »

Ye i just realized that its on par with the SCY....my bad.

BTW are those ships that arent shown on the front page in the first mission of this mod something like ideas or placeholders for those ships that you are still working on ? Like that Omega aeterna,zodiark ?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 08:23:45 AM by Amie »

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 02, 2018, 09:34:05 AM »

Pretty much. The Omega is more or less a joke ship while the Zodiark is an early prototype for a ship that won't really get finished before 0.9 since it'll need some of the upcoming changes in that patch to work

A Random Jolteon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 02, 2018, 08:20:46 PM »

Been having a lot of fun with this mod. The Dread Eagle's ship system was a little tricky to get used to, and I still forget that it takes flux to use, but good lord is it fun. I also love the trails give off.

So far the only problem I have is with the kinetic missile of this mod (I forget the name, sorry). It doesn't deal as much armor damage as a Harpoon, but it does deal a good chunk of armor damage considering its a kinetic missile. This becomes a bigger problem to be since it moves at a pretty fast pace, despite not turning very well. You probably won't be getting reliable damage with them against frigates though. All in all, pretty good, but I think they should have their speed nerfed a little, just to see if that makes them a little more balanced.
Hi. I exist. Bye.

NightfallGemini

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 12, 2018, 06:07:49 AM »

I love the Dread and Scourge Eagles. Lovely ships and their systems remind me of Blackrock scalaron jumps. It's a great day when an Eagle variant can catch a Tempest or Hyperion.

Dreamyr

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 20, 2018, 04:19:45 PM »

I will second that the two new Eagle class variants are a joy to play with. Though the description is slightly inaccurate in my experience. Most enemy captains will never see them because most Dread Eagle captains prefer combat plan "prepare your anus" to any other. ;D

One error I noticed while playing is that the Omega Aeterna(ORN) has a 420 degree shield which anything past 360 is kind of superfluous. It looks like it's due to having a base 360 degree shield and THEN built in extended shields on top of that.

Aside from that the only thing I would like to see is a Sylphon style troop transport. Perhaps something based on the Nebula or Starliner hulls? I find myself suffering a lack of crew capacity for hauling marines for invasions. Another thought that occurs to me given the lore given lack of manpower is Sylphon using combat drones/droids for invasions. They wouldn't require crew quarters, just cargo space. But I'm no modder so I don't know if that would even be possible.

Oh and "Raging Heart" Really? :D (Yes, I am in fact one of those people who goes through the ship codex hence my discovery of the whole 420 degree shield thing)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 04:21:59 PM by Dreamyr »

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 20, 2018, 05:16:14 PM »

Oh and "Raging Heart" Really? :D

Yes. Still an early prototype however.

No plans for a Sylphon personnel carrier. It wouldn't really make sense lore-wise for a reclusive faction like them. The next version will however include a method of gaining additional crew capacity, although in a different way.

Dreamyr

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 20, 2018, 11:04:26 PM »

Oh and "Raging Heart" Really? :D

Yes. Still an early prototype however.

No plans for a Sylphon personnel carrier. It wouldn't really make sense lore-wise for a reclusive faction like them. The next version will however include a method of gaining additional crew capacity, although in a different way.

Cool, I was just throwing ideas out there as it was a issue I noticed and didn't know whether or not you were aware of it.

Been playing pretty much all day today and finally got my hands on a Equilibrium, that's one hell of a brutal ship. Couple minor things I noticed with it. First is the active venting animation seems to to be a bit far back due to its shape. A lot of the vent gfx appear to be coming out of empty space instead of the hull. Wasn't sure if that was intended or not.

Second thing is a bit of a minor annoyance. When I use its special ability with the shield combo I have about a second to deploy the shield before it fries my own drones. So while you usually have about 3ish seconds to use the ability after a jump if you don't button mash and use it as soon as you return to real space you're going to fry your own drones. Again I'm not a modder but the obvious solution to me would be to have it like the dread eagle where you can "que up" the shield to activate as soon as the jump ends even if you activate it while in null-space. It's unpredictable when I have the issue, the drones will hang back behind me and sometimes they don't.

Aside from that the only thing I've noticed that's odd is that a lot of the missiles don't seem to show up at the market. I've never seen the Salamander type missile(though I did find one in a weapons cache) nor the medium missile pod(not the kinetic one but the other one that reloads, I'm horrible with remembering names) or the torpedo either. Again not sure if that was intended or not or if my luck is just that bad with the market.

Those are pretty minor issues though all told. Overall I've been enjoying the crap out of this mod.

Edit- actually I lied. I did find one Exalt-6 and just now found 2 more for sale at Castrum but that's from about... 14ish hours of play between today and yesterday?

Edit2- actually there is a fairly major bug I've encountered that I've forgotten to mention somehow. I have had a Dread Eagle get disabled a couple times. When it does it's been recoverable but when I do recover while it says no D-mods it's still listed as and has the appearance of a (D) class ship and I can't restore it either to fix it.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 11:21:17 PM by Dreamyr »

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #57 on: August 21, 2018, 01:18:27 AM »

Edit2- actually there is a fairly major bug I've encountered that I've forgotten to mention somehow. I have had a Dread Eagle get disabled a couple times. When it does it's been recoverable but when I do recover while it says no D-mods it's still listed as and has the appearance of a (D) class ship and I can't restore it either to fix it.
Vanilla issue, fixed for 0.9 :)

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 21, 2018, 09:24:05 AM »

The Equilibrium's venting being offset is just something that couldn't be avoided as the venting is always centered on the shield generator position which has to be far to the back to have the shield follow the ship's contour the way it does. Losing your drones when you use the shield deployment is also intentional. They replace rather quickly anyway.

I'll have to look into the issue with the salamander-like missile. Might be missing ship variants that use it.

Dreamyr

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 21, 2018, 11:29:31 AM »

Vanilla issue, fixed for 0.9 :)

Huh did not know that. Although the damage overlay does appear on the Dread Eagle and I've NEVER had this happen before at all outside of this instance so *shrugs*.

Yea, with the Equilibrium I figured it might be something that wasn't fixable but figured I'd mention in just in case.

Anyway, I'll keep playing hopefully I'll find some torpedoes soon. The equilibrium's slot setup is not idea for exalts. Diable are continuing to *** me off, they took Sylpheed and the defense fleet's maelstrom's just hug the defense station and I can't field the firepower to kill them as they just use the flicker core to jump back to it. I may have to use most of my money to spam some invasion fleets at it. But that's more a Nexerelin thing. Looking forward to whatever's planned next for the mod.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 34