Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 34

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Sylphon RnD 1.0  (Read 335280 times)

sanya02

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a] Sylphon RnD 0.6f-2
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2018, 06:54:52 AM »

I have 30 mods! 8G memory. The save worked. No iron mod. Put your mod(mod 31), and ceased to save. Saving freezes in game 'F5'.

sanya02

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2018, 07:07:57 AM »

After 20 minutes of play, the game hangs on saving with your mod.

The most common cause of the game hanging while trying to save is a recurring save bug in the current version of the game which usually happens when memory usage is high. There are several things you can do:

1. Increasing the amount of RAM you allocate to the game. Have you followed these instructions to increase your memory allocation?

2. Upgrade Xstream:

Code
TheWikiFish: XStream
Third party library used by Starsector when saving.  Upgrading XStream reportedly resolves a lot of saving related issues but importantly doesn't seem to have a downside, so while we can't always pinpoint the exact issue easily it is usually worth doing this

- Go to x-stream.github.io for the latest version.  Direct link; http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/com/thoughtworks/xstream/xstream/1.4.10-java7/xstream-1.4.10-java7.jar
- save that inside folder \Starsector\starsector-core\
- open text file \Starsector\vmparams with a text editor
- replace "xstream-1.4.2.jar" with "xstream-1.4.10-java7.jar"
- save vmparams file (not as a .txt file)
- enjoy!

3. You can monitor the amount of memory being used with the Console Commands mod, and quit and restart when console commands shows you its memory usage warning.

4. It is strongly advised to use the Save Copy instead of Save command, especially when memory usage is high, because it skips the step of the save function where the game crashes.

5. If you have an old PC, it may be advisable to play Nexerelin random sector (which has a smaller memory footprint than using the pre-built sector) or prune some faction mods from your modlist.

If you join the Discord, people on there are pretty active and quite happy to help with general troubleshooting issues in real time, and a lot of modders hang around on there.

Thanks for the help! I deal with point "2" XStream.

sanya02

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2018, 07:35:12 AM »

After 20 minutes of play, the game hangs on saving with your mod.

The most common cause of the game hanging while trying to save is a recurring save bug in the current version of the game which usually happens when memory usage is high. There are several things you can do:

1. Increasing the amount of RAM you allocate to the game. Have you followed these instructions to increase your memory allocation?

2. Upgrade Xstream:

Code
TheWikiFish: XStream
Third party library used by Starsector when saving.  Upgrading XStream reportedly resolves a lot of saving related issues but importantly doesn't seem to have a downside, so while we can't always pinpoint the exact issue easily it is usually worth doing this

- Go to x-stream.github.io for the latest version.  Direct link; http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/com/thoughtworks/xstream/xstream/1.4.10-java7/xstream-1.4.10-java7.jar
- save that inside folder \Starsector\starsector-core\
- open text file \Starsector\vmparams with a text editor
- replace "xstream-1.4.2.jar" with "xstream-1.4.10-java7.jar"
- save vmparams file (not as a .txt file)
- enjoy!

3. You can monitor the amount of memory being used with the Console Commands mod, and quit and restart when console commands shows you its memory usage warning.

4. It is strongly advised to use the Save Copy instead of Save command, especially when memory usage is high, because it skips the step of the save function where the game crashes.

5. If you have an old PC, it may be advisable to play Nexerelin random sector (which has a smaller memory footprint than using the pre-built sector) or prune some faction mods from your modlist.

If you join the Discord, people on there are pretty active and quite happy to help with general troubleshooting issues in real time, and a lot of modders hang around on there.

Modified the file Xstream, CREATED))

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a] Sylphon RnD 0.7
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2018, 03:23:39 PM »

Update 0.7

Featuring many fixes and changes, the new Frelia-class battlecarrier and a bunch of fighters to go with it.

Download here

Changelog:

Spoiler
Additions:
-Added Frelia-class battlecarrier
-Added Sivva strike fighter
-Added Sadri torpedo bomber
-Added Maris disabler fighter
-Added Iphrail torpedo
-Added a new drone system to the Frelia (and another system for the drones themselves)
-Added new visual on-hit effects to the Purgatory

Changes:
-Changed faction ring color in campaign mode
-Minor improvements to Nullspace Anchor AI; should no longer deactivate for so such a short time that it cannot do anything with its deactivation
-Decreased Rakia turnrate while using Nullspace Dive, and increased its experienced time mult
-Adjusted both Ozma and Sylpheed station's placement/size slightly, and changed the sprite for Sylpheed Station
-Changed the background of the Nym system

Balancing:
-Lowered Rakia dissipation to 600
-Lucidas impact lowered to a much more reasonable 6 per beam
-Lowered Ravana OP cost to 16
-Lowered Myrigos OP cost to 12
-Drastically reduced the amount of EMP arcs generated by the Purgatory, and they now only spawn on non-shield hits
-Purgatory EMP damage increased to 200
-Purgatory flux per shot decreased to 230
-Divinity flux per shot decreased to 350

Bugfixes:
-Fixed large combat Nex start
-Fixed various variants that were over OP capacity
-Fixed a misspelling of Praetorium
[close]
My mods: Tahlan Shipworks - ScalarTech Solutions - Trailer Moments
It's all in the presentation

sanya02

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2018, 04:31:43 PM »

I made invisible black lines in "graphics-fx-SRDstandart, SRDstabilizer. And how to remove all the black bars?

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2018, 04:50:36 PM »

I made invisible black lines in "graphics-fx-SRDstandart, SRDstabilizer. And how to remove all the black bars?

Could you try rewording that? I have no idea what you're trying to say.

I believe you want to get rid of the black fog emitted by Sylphon ships? The effect is fully integrated into the mod and linked to a lot of functionality. It's also a core part of the faction aesthetic, so if you don't like it, you'll have to figure out how to remove it yourself.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 04:59:35 PM by Nia Tahl »

sanya02

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2018, 05:25:05 PM »

I believe you want to get rid of the black fog emitted by Sylphon ships? The effect is fully integrated into the mod and linked to a lot of functionality. It's also a core part of the faction aesthetic, so if you don't like it, you'll have to figure out how to remove it yourself.

Yes, black fog. I made it invisible.)

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2018, 06:08:04 PM »

Yes, black fog. I made it invisible.)

k

Kwbr

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2018, 12:47:15 AM »

really cool mod, absolutely loving playing it right now.

i've noticed a couple things, the exalt missiles don't seem to cooperate with being set to autofire (only definitively tested with the exalt 3 but i'd assume its the same for the 6 and 12), and the vent graphics for the equilibrium battleship seem to be centered on the tail of the ship.

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2018, 12:54:29 AM »

the exalt missiles don't seem to cooperate with being set to autofire

Could you elaborate on what you mean?

The vent effect on the Equilibrium is pretty much intentional. Venting centers on the shield generator location which for the Equilibrium is moved far back to have the frontal shield follow the contour of the ship more closely.

Kwbr

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2018, 01:49:51 AM »

oh, they just don't seem to consistently fire when set to autofire, despite having a target within range and ammo.

it happens specifically when i toggle autofire mid battle to capitalize on a ship overloading or w/e, i haven't tested it with them set to autofire outside of battle.

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2018, 04:45:34 AM »

Since Exalts are laser-targeted and can't rangefind, they won't reliably autofire if not facing the target. If manually fired without a laser-lock on the target, they will default to LRM-mode which is slow and low damage, which isn't very good for capitalizing on overloaded targets. I would recommend using other missiles for mounts that you don't intend to have facing the enemy, like good old harpoons.

It should be noted that Sylphon ships aren't designed to have their missile mounts used with sylphon-specific missiles alone. There are already many missiles out there that all do similar things to harpoons so adding yet another notHarpoon felt somewhat pointless.

sanya02

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2018, 12:48:49 PM »

In the file ship_data there is no crew in some ships !!! Correct!

Takion Kasukedo

• Admiral
  • No longer drinking (Alcohol that is)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2018, 12:53:19 PM »

In the file ship_data there is no crew in some ships !!! Correct!

That seems intended. Some of the ships are crewless ships, which rely on an AI Core to pilot them. Like Remnants, except Sylphon's are unique.
Is now able to cook a decent Creamy Salmon Pasta, amok other things.

Still loves purple. Still not skilled enough to make a mod that doesn't get that one damn error.

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2018, 01:42:47 PM »

As he said. Some Sylphon ships are fully automated. You can recognize them by the "Sylph Core" hullmod.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 34