Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: More obvious warning about going over cargo, fuel, and crew capacity.  (Read 1977 times)

Linnis

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Not easy for new players to figure it out. Maybe have the bar flashing red with some sort of tough language.

Cyan Leader

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Agreed, a flashing bar would be perfect for new players to know that something is going on. Especially when it's just a bit, say, 10 fuel or so above their capacity and it barely shows in the bar.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Is this in the pop-up tips (if new player does not disable them)?  If not, this is something that could be added to the pop-ups.

intrinsic_parity

• Admiral
    • View Profile

This is an issue even for experienced players.
Often times I might fight a major battle and then loot some debris/derelicts immediately after. If the initial battle loot maxes my fuel, and I am quickly looting the rest of the fight, I can easily pick up an extra ~100 fuel without noticing. In a fleet with ~5000 fuel capacity, this is almost impossible to notice from the bar, and the elevated supply consumption immediately after a battle disguises the extra supply consumption. It is a very easy to make mistake.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 07:46:19 AM by intrinsic_parity »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

Goumindong

• Admiral
    • View Profile

As an interim stopgap. If you hold ctrl(or shift?) while clicking you will only pick up as much as will fill your hold. Or going the other way as much as will empty you hold to maximization point.

If you click again you will overfill/remove all. So my routine is “loot all” -ctrl click metals/fuel