Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Replacing Ships  (Read 4003 times)

DM818

• Commander
    • View Profile
Replacing Ships
« on: March 01, 2012, 12:42:33 PM »

So I have been playing the campaign and have been enjoying it tremendously.  Early on I saved up for a Hyperion frigate to be the flagship of my small pirate killing force however at this point I now have multiple cruisers and the Hyperion is simply a useful strike craft but it recently was lost in the explosion of a Dominator cruiser and when I went the shop the only things they had replaced in their inventory was adding several more tankers a some Hounds and a few Lashers so my question is will they ever replace the higher tech frigates at the store or are those simply one time purchases?

Iscariot

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Replacing Ships
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 12:50:15 PM »

Store seem to randomly restock with ships and items. I've been trying to get a Conquest in my game, but I can't seem to.

The idea is that the various tech levels represent different - not "better" - ways to do things.

DM818

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 01:00:55 PM »

I have a conquest in my shop so I got lucky there ;D just hoping to get some more advanced frigates at the shop because hounds just seem to last about one or two battles before a stray missile gets them.

Nori

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2012, 02:08:43 PM »

Honestly, restocking is iffy from my experience. Try getting the Tri-Tachyon station mod, you get two more stations that get restocked so there is bound to be something there for ya.

DM818

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2012, 02:53:00 PM »

Honestly, restocking is iffy from my experience. Try getting the Tri-Tachyon station mod, you get two more stations that get restocked so there is bound to be something there for ya.

lets just say Tri Tachyon aren't my biggest fans I've been enlisting them to help my low frigate situation. ;P

Thanks for the info though.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 03:00:59 PM by DM818 »

arwan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2012, 03:31:47 PM »

they dont need to like you for you to use there station in the mod.
Alex
You won't be able to refit fighters and bombers at all. They're designed/balanced around having a particular set of weapons and would be very broken if you could change it. Which ones you pick for your fleet -out of quite a few that are available- is the choice here, not how they're outfitted.

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2012, 08:09:06 AM »

If you want a higher chance of getting more rare ships you should try to download one of the mods with stations, I.e the TimCORP mod, the junk pirates mod, or the tri tachyon station mod. They all have different supply convoys going to them. But i'm not sure if they all are compatible with each other, the TimCORP mod and the junk pirates mod isin't.

hadesian

• Admiral
  • It's been one of those days...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2012, 09:15:45 AM »

I want more Thunders.
Changes as of May 24, 2013
  • Reinvented Starsector.
  • That is all.

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2012, 10:00:54 AM »

OR yo can change the SectorGen.java manually to have more ships in the station from start.

Reshy

• Admiral
  • White
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2012, 02:52:26 PM »

Yes, they're restocked randomly, I never ever saw a Hyperion being restocked however.