Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: dificult lvl  (Read 2529 times)

LuckStealer

• Ensign
    • View Profile
dificult lvl
« on: March 01, 2012, 12:28:59 PM »

besides the ai that in games usualy is easy, medium or hard. we should have if we chouse when we press the new game butoon a permadeath option, the game will be saved when you exist the game and after a battle, the old saved file will be replaced by the new one, so you could not play a battel again if you don't like the end of it

this will be optional so if you want to save before a battle you should not pic permadeath when you start a new game

bad engllish i know:)!

BonhommeCarnaval

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: dificult lvl
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 12:37:32 PM »

I agree the game could benefit from a hardcore mode (permadeath). It would add more replayability and there's absolutely no reason not to have it anyway, being entirely optional.

I myself would probably have tons of softcore saves and 1 hardcore where I have fun losing it all and struggling to get it back.

Note that by permadeath I don't mean the save gets deleted, I mean that if I lose my fleet and am left with a Dram tanker, it saves automatically so I have to continue like that. I assume that's what you meant also. There could be both forced-save and death-deletes-save, anyway. Why not?  :)
Quote from: Archduke Astro
One of you exhibits humility-impairment syndrome
Aww, you so sweet!

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 12:41:22 PM »

This is absolutely planned.

Nori

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2012, 02:36:12 PM »

A hardcore mode would be nifty. Though I think it is important to be careful about not making the player feel like they were cheated in a certain situation. For instance, the game glitched... And I can't think of anymore because my brain isn't working. But you get the idea.