Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]

Author Topic: [0.95a] Kingdom of Terra (v0.13.1) - Taverns in Caverns (+Hotfix)  (Read 244147 times)

theDragn

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Kingdom of Terra (v0.13.1) - Taverns in Caverns (+Hotfix)
« Reply #225 on: May 21, 2022, 10:34:46 PM »

I'm making this post in both Kingdom of Terra and Apex Design Collective, as I'm not sure which of the two mods are causing this issue, but figured you both might want to know.

So experimenting with Grappling beam weapon on a modified Paragon and I wanted to see how effective using 2 beams on smaller ships will be so since my main armaments are shorter range and being able to pull in quick small ships means I'll be able to prevent the eternal kite even if they have no ability to break my shields.

At the top of my list of hostile ships when running a simulation are the Apex Design Collective ships, some of which have Geodesic Shield Matrix, which changes how shields work. I've tested my ship against Apex ships with and without the Geodesic Shield Matrix and it's only getting the effect from ships with the Geodesic shield matrix.

Upon the Grappling Beam hitting the shield, the sprite for the shield itself goes away, it still blocks all my shots, and emits particles like it is being shot. As well, the ship gains infinite flux being able to fire all of its weapons forever without gaining any flux at all. this effectively rendered them invulnerable to me.

If I send another ship to get behind the arc of the shield it still takes damage to the armor and hull like normal. so unless ship has a 360 shield I can kill it if I have 2 ships attack it.

Have a good [time of day].

yeah looks like this one is my problem- Geodesic Shield Matrix was having some very unexpected behavior if it was hit by something that didn't deal any damage. Dunno what exactly was going on to make the shield invisible and invincible, but I've got it fixed in dev and will have a patch out momentarily.

spotshooter

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: August 23, 2022, 07:12:22 PM »

Hi, i have problems facing high-tech orbital fortress equipped with CHAD-lance (Large energy beam weapon from this mod).
With it ability to instantly overload any ships when it hit hull or armor and pushed them away combine with fortress added range(3000+) it make the fortress invulnerable to any shieldless ships(phrase or shield shunted ship).
Any ways to help with this? I really love this mod ships and mechanic(collision based) and kinda don't want to remove it.

Agalyon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: March 12, 2023, 09:02:14 PM »

I've had a few odd things going on recently in my save. First I had the old bug with the battle not ending because of modules, in this case it was the bee shooters leaving behind what I assume is the module managing the bees. A quick nuke fixed it and strangely it didn't happen again.

Second I had some weirdness going on with the snakelike ships, pictured in this screenshot. The Ouroboros is pictured but it happens with the normal capital and the frigate as well. https://imgur.com/a/adYFJMZ

As far as I could tell the hitboxes were all fine, it SEEMED purely visual but I'm not 100% sure. I think its because I updated to the new MagicLib 0.46 by Wispborne. No crashes or anything crazy. As always thanks for your hard work!

Screech9791

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: May 08, 2023, 08:22:38 PM »

Just letting you guys know, this mod is technically 0.96 compatible, with some simple steps required.
Step 1: download the mod as usual
Step 2: go into Fractal Softworks\Starsector\mods\Kingdom of Terra and open mod_info.json
Step 3: change line 7 (the gameVersion line)'s version to "gameVersion":"0.96a-RC8", (exact RC number is irrelevant)
Step 4: launch the game as usual
Step 5: enjoy smashing things with terran bricks and robotic megafauna
This method should work for any mod that doesn't use libraries, since those mods tend to be more sensitive to Alex changing the source code. Of course, I'd really appreciate it if Sinosauropterx would make a proper 0.96 update to this mod, complete with a new ship or two since I think this mod lacks in ship variety (4 fighters/6 frigates/5 destroyers/4 cruisers/3 capitals, excluding non-combat ships and ships not obtainable from markets like the phase mammoth and ouroboros dreadnought) and we all could use something new since it's been two and a half years since the last new ship. I'd even be willing to contribute to get some spriting practice in while also giving myself and other KoT enjoyers new toys to play with.
Anyways I'm not sure if it's just good luck, but the flushpipe crashing bug seems to be fixed. I think that was just a 0.95.1 thing.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2023, 08:26:52 PM by Screech9791 »

Tapkomet

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: June 05, 2023, 07:48:08 AM »

I've had a few odd things going on recently in my save. First I had the old bug with the battle not ending because of modules, in this case it was the bee shooters leaving behind what I assume is the module managing the bees. A quick nuke fixed it and strangely it didn't happen again.

Second I had some weirdness going on with the snakelike ships, pictured in this screenshot. The Ouroboros is pictured but it happens with the normal capital and the frigate as well. https://imgur.com/a/adYFJMZ

As far as I could tell the hitboxes were all fine, it SEEMED purely visual but I'm not 100% sure. I think its because I updated to the new MagicLib 0.46 by Wispborne. No crashes or anything crazy. As always thanks for your hard work!

Yeah I had the same issue. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix it?

Supreme stone gamer

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: July 23, 2023, 12:32:26 PM »

hey, for someone i cant claim victory when i do a special bounty for the kingdom of terra that has no day limit when i clear all the ships, (pretty obivous when my ai fleet stops moving), have not tried to fight normal patrols but i assume its the same

so how do i fix this?
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]