Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Faction Commissions: Minor Tweak  (Read 1177 times)

Goumindong

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Faction Commissions: Minor Tweak
« on: June 01, 2018, 11:38:32 AM »

Many Factions like it when you have your transponder beacon on. Some factions don't care.(Well only the pirates)

As it stands, when you have a faction commission and you forget to turn your transponder on the faction you have a commission with will like you less as a result of that.

My Suggestion is that this does not happen when you have a faction commission unless you refuse to turn your transponder on when they ask. And they will stop following you as soon as they positively identify you. (so you can blip your transponder at them to say "yes, i am friendly"). This of course would be negated if they suspect you of smuggling.

The reason is simple, when you've got a commission you're working for them and your hiding, while not ideal maybe, isn't there to hurt them, its because you were doing something special and secret that required it. The equivalent of a plain clothes cop flashing their badge.

This would alleviate a lot of the "damnit forgot to turn my transponder on" complaints that people have while also providing and in-world rational for having that advantage

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Faction Commissions: Minor Tweak
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2018, 11:57:52 AM »

Sounds like a good idea! Will keep it in mind for when I'm in the area, so to speak.

Snrasha

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2018, 12:01:39 PM »

I suppose than they will always try to see if you do not have illegal stuff on your cargo, no?

I am pretty bad on english. So, sorry in advance.

Gladiator Society
Add battle options on Com Relay/ Framework for modders for add their own bounty.

Sanguinary Autonomist Defectors A fan-mod of Shadowyard.

Goumindong

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2018, 06:09:00 PM »

I suppose than they will always try to see if you do not have illegal stuff on your cargo, no?

Ideally they only try and see what is in your cargo if you’ve been reported around the black market.

Plus them asking you to turn on your transponder will make it harder to smuggle. So if you’re trying to use your commission to buy or offload illegal goods you’re almost certainly going to get hit with the normal black market reputation hit.

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2018, 09:14:45 PM »

Another possible option: once you've reached the highest reputation level you get secure codes of some sort. Having the codes opens up a dialog option so you don't even have to turn on the transponder for them to be satisfied, and they also don't scan you. Can be revoked for smuggling?

[Possible future missions where the mission supplier gives you covert codes that last until you do something hostile to the faction? And as you don't turn on your transponder, they don't know they are supposed to be hostile.]