Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 87

Author Topic: Starsector 0.9a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 468365 times)

RawCode

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.9a (Released) Patch Notes
« Reply #1230 on: December 17, 2018, 05:31:19 AM »

probably chase, probably not, still, there is no way to change mind and deploy only combat ready ships.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: December 17, 2018, 03:14:56 PM »

I tried adding Converted Hangar on Colossus 3 for more fighter bays since it was not banned.  The OP cost for fighters increased for all bays from both Converted Cargo Bay and Converted Hangar.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: December 17, 2018, 03:21:17 PM »

I tried adding Converted Hangar on Colossus 3 for more fighter bays since it was not banned.  The OP cost for fighters increased for all bays from both Converted Cargo Bay and Converted Hangar.

Made a note, thank you!

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: December 17, 2018, 03:42:05 PM »

@ Alex:  Not sure if this is a bug, but I noticed (after poking through game files) Persean League fleet commanders only have Officer Management skill like Pirates and Pathers, and not all four skills the other major factions have.  I am not sure if this is a cut-and-paste error or deliberate design decision.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: December 17, 2018, 03:42:43 PM »

Not a bug, but yeah, thank you - it's good to double-check.

StahnAileron

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: December 17, 2018, 07:32:56 PM »

Regarding Sensor Profile: As I understand the sensor/detection mechanics as described by the tool-tip along with the effects of nebulae and certain Hull-Mods, high Sensor Profile is bad, correct?

If so, why does the ship stat screen label a positive Sensor Profile change in green, denoting a benefit, and a negative change in red, meaning a handicap? Don't I want a lower Profile?

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: December 17, 2018, 07:57:23 PM »

Regarding Sensor Profile: As I understand the sensor/detection mechanics as described by the tool-tip along with the effects of nebulae and certain Hull-Mods, high Sensor Profile is bad, correct?

If so, why does the ship stat screen label a positive Sensor Profile change in green, denoting a benefit, and a negative change in red, meaning a handicap? Don't I want a lower Profile?

Correct! Thank you, already fixed this up for the .1 release :)

RawCode

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: December 17, 2018, 09:37:14 PM »

is lack of automatic emergency burn on disengage by design?

trying to keep pirates "happy" is quite difficult, especially when they attack again after disengage, especially noticable if multiple small stacks neaby and chain attack.

Hazard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: December 24, 2018, 02:00:34 AM »

This might be a dumb question, but is the colony/market screen the only place where you can see sector-wide commodity price information?

Malamo999

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: December 24, 2018, 08:44:37 AM »

I had forgotten about this game for a long while, before putting a few hours into the 0.8 update, and then waiting (fairly) patiently for the 0.9 update - checking the blog every few weeks.

My first impression of starting with a new profile--not having read the 0.9 release notes--was... 'Nothing's changed?'

After forming a colony however, my thoughts were... 'This changes everything' :D

Similar to @Okaenia 's post, here are a few typos I've noticed. Sorry if they've already been fixed. Also sorry for no screenshots; they don't seem to work for me...

1. From the Technology Cache mission (I think): 'per-Collapse', when it should be 'pre-Collapse'.

2. 'Orbiting a ice giant'. Should be an ice giant.

3. Not sure if I'm making sense here, but under 'Poor light' it said 'primary', when I think you meant to say 'primary star'. Wish I had a screenshot for this! :-[

And one more thing: The first tooltip shown after opening the player's inventory informs about Ctrl+click etc. However, last on the list--a suggestion to use Alt+mouse (relating to 'altMouseMoveToMassTransfer' in settings.json)--is disabled by default upon a fresh install. Once it's changed to 'true' in settings.json, the feature works just fine.

Thank you devs for all the love and effort poured into this game over the years, and a wonderful Christmas to everyone from me :)

Cosmitz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: December 24, 2018, 12:23:17 PM »

This might be a dumb question, but is the colony/market screen the only place where you can see sector-wide commodity price information?

As far as i know, yeah.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: December 24, 2018, 01:28:00 PM »

Spoiler
Don't know if these things were already reported (sorry), but here are some things I noticed:

- Battlesize is set to 200 by default, and not 300 like the patch note said
- Your own colonies' open market reset each time you visit them (so you can buy all the supplies/fuel/drugs/etc, echap, and everything will be available again in great quantities)
- Sometimes very weak fleets chase you and force you to fight since you can't auto-battle/disengage when your fleet is too big. Exemple I ran into: 1 mule and a few frigates vs 10 astrals. This is very annoying tbh.

Also, a few typos (and a sentence that doesn't make sense), screenshots in the spoilers (with red lines below the typos):
1. When fighting a fleet transporting a cargo: Should be "accessibility" and "its behavior"
Spoiler
[close]
2. Description of the level 2 for the Sensors ability: Should be "effectiveness"
Spoiler
[close]
3. Description of the planet Suddene in the Westernesse star system, should probably be "Recent reforms by the King of Westernesse" or something similar, right now it doesn't make sense
Spoiler
[close]
4. Description of the domain-era sensor array, missing a verb; should be "does not appear to be transmitting"
Spoiler
[close]
5. Description of the Shipping Disruption colony condition, should be "levels"
Spoiler
[close]
[close]

Thank you! Fixed up the typos; the other stuff is on my list.

Spoiler
I had forgotten about this game for a long while, before putting a few hours into the 0.8 update, and then waiting (fairly) patiently for the 0.9 update - checking the blog every few weeks.

My first impression of starting with a new profile--not having read the 0.9 release notes--was... 'Nothing's changed?'

After forming a colony however, my thoughts were... 'This changes everything' :D

Similar to @Okaenia 's post, here are a few typos I've noticed. Sorry if they've already been fixed. Also sorry for no screenshots; they don't seem to work for me...

1. From the Technology Cache mission (I think): 'per-Collapse', when it should be 'pre-Collapse'.

2. 'Orbiting a ice giant'. Should be an ice giant.

3. Not sure if I'm making sense here, but under 'Poor light' it said 'primary', when I think you meant to say 'primary star'. Wish I had a screenshot for this! :-[

And one more thing: The first tooltip shown after opening the player's inventory informs about Ctrl+click etc. However, last on the list--a suggestion to use Alt+mouse (relating to 'altMouseMoveToMassTransfer' in settings.json)--is disabled by default upon a fresh install. Once it's changed to 'true' in settings.json, the feature works just fine.

Thank you devs for all the love and effort poured into this game over the years, and a wonderful Christmas to everyone from me :)
[close]

Thank you - fixed up these typos/assorted things, too! "Primary" is a shorthand way of saying "primary star", you can generally omit "star" from that, btw. E.G. "A planet orbiting a yellow primary ..." etc works.

Merry Christmas and happy holidays to you as well :)

RawCode

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: December 24, 2018, 11:12:41 PM »

As far as i know, yeah.

press f1 on item when inside telecom array range, then navigate around.

Hazard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: December 25, 2018, 01:27:04 AM »

As far as i know, yeah.

Kinda annoying. Knowing which of the nearest inhabited systems offers the cheapest prices is pretty important, especially when resupplying a large fleet.

press f1 on item when inside telecom array range, then navigate around.

The top 5 places to buy/sell isn't always very useful information, since it doesn't take fuel and supply expenditure into account.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2018, 01:33:56 AM by Hazard »

Cosmitz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: December 25, 2018, 03:50:47 AM »

So i just realised how vague the Resistant Flux Conduits can be if you're reading it as a new player. "Decreases the amount of damage dealt by EMP weapons (ion cannons etc) by 50%. Also increases the ship's flux dissipation rate while venting by 25%". It can be highly interpreted as it decreasing /your/ outgoing EMP damage by 50%, instead of "Reduces EMP damage taken by 50%", akin to how it's written in the Solar Shielding description.
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 87