Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 87

Author Topic: Starsector 0.9a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 468411 times)

Cosmitz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.9a (Released) Patch Notes
« Reply #1215 on: December 13, 2018, 05:05:30 AM »

Man, we have multiple major forum users who've never noticed the hail message? The notion just feels wild to me.

.... *raises hand*. >.>

I think it comes down to the fact that we've been skipping through them so often after years and years now and 90% of the time it's combat anyway, that we just don't really read them anymore.

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: December 13, 2018, 02:15:40 PM »

Man, we have multiple major forum users who've never noticed the hail message? The notion just feels wild to me.

I'm guilty as well, though I do know about pather comms so will contact them to pay if I think I can't take them.

Vulpes

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: December 14, 2018, 08:25:17 AM »

Liking the update so far, but one thing has me confused: The Orbital Works upgrade description is almost identical to Heavy Industry in every way (maintenance, demands, production), with the exception of a small piece of text saying there's an orbital module.  I'm not really sure what it's supposed to do- or if it's actually bugged in some way.

Edit- The upkeep value shown when selecting a new industry to build also seems off, showing the actual value as base value and an inflated one in the column.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 08:29:41 AM by Vulpes »

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: December 14, 2018, 08:30:12 AM »

It produces 1 "Ship Hulls and Weapons" commodity more and it adds 20% to your colonies' ship quality.

Vulpes

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: December 14, 2018, 09:34:59 AM »

It produces 1 "Ship Hulls and Weapons" commodity more and it adds 20% to your colonies' ship quality.

Makes sense! Looks like there's a problem with the description, or I'm just blind .-.

https://imgur.com/a/lRoar3y

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: December 14, 2018, 04:05:28 PM »

Did a dirty trick today.

Went to the pirate station called something Starworks in a League system to raid it (for Falcon (P) blueprint).  Problem, I brought too many marines.  (72% lowers stability by -3, which too much because I do not want to decivilize the market).  Then I decided to space my marines in cyro pods to lower my attack rating.  Now at 42%, raid only knocks out stability by -1.  I proceed with raid.  I did not get a blueprint, but got a hullmod I wanted (Resistant Flux Conduits), then I picked up the marines I spaced and went on my way (to a time-sensitive event).

arwan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: December 15, 2018, 06:27:59 AM »

oh the fleets hailing you.. im sure i have seen it.. but it did not register that i should talk to them. since weh have never really had any options to avoid combat with anyone who wanted to fight us.. except the LP, if your willing to sell them a kidney. might want to consider a new part for the tutorial. as well as has been sugested before. either forcing you to make a choice before combat. and or also flashing lights... and different button colors.

/office space

like if we could get fireworks coming out of our monitors that would be great.
Alex
You won't be able to refit fighters and bombers at all. They're designed/balanced around having a particular set of weapons and would be very broken if you could change it. Which ones you pick for your fleet -out of quite a few that are available- is the choice here, not how they're outfitted.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: December 15, 2018, 08:42:29 AM »

The only people worth taking hails from are distress calls, and that happens rarely even if you investigate them.  (Usually, you get derelicts with loot or pirates.)  Everyone else is basically "your money or your life", and my fleet just steps on them.

Cosmitz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: December 15, 2018, 12:15:53 PM »

Speaking of comms...

I don't remember any shipment of luxury goods, but i think i remember cancelling one or two of them overall.

Inventor Raccoon

• Captain
  • Digging through trash for a hydroflux catalyst
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: December 15, 2018, 02:48:30 PM »

I believe that's what happens if you accept a delivery mission bar event and don't complete it.

StahnAileron

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: December 16, 2018, 08:58:18 AM »

Is there a bug with EXP and doing a post-battle chase fight? I've gotten into some very large battles recently (fleet can take on some endurance fights now). For the battles that are one-shot, I get the EXP I expect, more or less. However, I realize that for any fights that I do a chase fight with, the EXP is practically non-existent, even for officers that are like level 5 and participated in the main fight for the entire thing. (Eating through sixty-some ships should level-up a low-level officer.)

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: December 16, 2018, 09:12:07 AM »

Hmm, let me make a note about the XP - could very well be a bug, thank you!

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: December 17, 2018, 03:56:03 AM »

Alex, can you make devastator not spawn on stations at all? I've had my ship sprayed with their point defence way too many times already. They have too much range for their own good.

RawCode

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: December 17, 2018, 04:17:10 AM »

weightless items, like AI cores, nanoforges, survey data and blueprints still get lost on ship destruction.
not ever entire wipe, just lost "cargo" ship (due to stupid "retreat" button, that do not tell in advance will other fleet chase you or not and do not allow to review decision) with 5 beta cores, half gamma cores and entire collection of survey data.
nanoforge survived this time, still.
"normal" cargo also lost, but unlike rare drops, can be recovered at any station.

flagship intact, just stupid pirates swarmed cargo ship with entire deathball ignoring combat ships, it's so hard to befriend pirates.

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: December 17, 2018, 04:31:05 AM »

weightless items, like AI cores, nanoforges, survey data and blueprints still get lost on ship destruction.
not ever entire wipe, just lost "cargo" ship (due to stupid "retreat" button, that do not tell in advance will other fleet chase you or not and do not allow to review decision)
They aren't actually weightless, but that's by the way. You know that the other fleet will pursue you if you read that the enemy fleet assumes aggressive stance or if you notice that "Leave" option changes to "Attempt to disengage", in which case they'll probably chase you.
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 87