Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 87

Author Topic: Starsector 0.9a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 468360 times)

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.9a (Released) Patch Notes
« Reply #945 on: November 23, 2018, 05:53:01 PM »

While tutorial can be difficult for those not intimately familiar with the game, it is nothing compared to the midgame difficulty spike if player did not get combat related skills (due to focusing on exploration or colonies) or if player tries to build a colony early then get burned by upkeep or invaders (that send endgame fleets against player).

On another point, I solved my League relay theft problem by smashing my old relay to bits then building a new one.  Only -5 rep.  (Now if they swiped a Domain relay, that would have been a real problem, with no way to replace and insta-hostile.)

I just thought of a way to keep my unwanted growth under control, remove the spaceport.  I am not going toward my waystations just yet, got a Pather base to find before it wrecks my main colony.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 05:54:32 PM by Megas »

mvamorim

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: November 23, 2018, 06:18:17 PM »

Thank you for the new version!

I've a bug to report. After a pirate invasion on my station, when I try to access some salvage I get a null pointer exception and the games get stuck on that screen, If I press esc, it just looping "leave".

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: November 23, 2018, 06:22:35 PM »

Hi! Thank you for the report, do you happen to have a savefile where I can reproduce this? Just tried with another save and was unable to; possibly fixed in the dev version, but it would be nice to confirm. If you've got the save handy: fractalsoftworks [at] gmail [dot] com.

(Welcome to the forum, btw!)

Hussar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: November 23, 2018, 06:57:45 PM »

Thank you - just fixed up this one a couple hours ago, actually!

Any ETA on RC11 then? Just curious c:

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: November 23, 2018, 07:01:38 PM »

Wasn't planning another hotfix; the next release will be 0.9.1a, and that'll take a little bit, since there are a lot of TODO items based on all the feedback and bug reports :)

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: November 23, 2018, 07:08:06 PM »

Wasn't planning another hotfix; the next release will be 0.9.1a, and that'll take a little bit, since there are a lot of TODO items based on all the feedback and bug reports :)
Guess I better keep playing so I can assemble the mammoth post of feedback like I have done for previous major releases.  I spilt much, but not everything.  Three major things left to do: 1) invade the Red Planet, 2) explore the whole sector, 3) rob blueprints from core worlds because I want all the good stuff for my heavy industry to build.

P.S.  Found sleeper ship by chance, but the system it was in had no planet worth colonizing.  Sole planet had hazard with 250%, much too high, despite ultrarich ores.  Guess all of those people will sleep even longer.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 07:10:52 PM by Megas »

Hussar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: November 23, 2018, 08:16:04 PM »

Oh I see... I asked since "self repairing d-mods" seemed kinda huge to me. It's making even Iron Mode stupidly easy for me. Tho at the same time it makes for an easier time to get to the new stuff to test it out (and find more bugs!), so... :)

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: November 23, 2018, 08:26:00 PM »

P.S.  Found sleeper ship by chance, but the system it was in had no planet worth colonizing.  Sole planet had hazard with 250%, much too high, despite ultrarich ores.  Guess all of those people will sleep even longer.
Yeah, I've found 2 so far.  Both were in a system where there was a single Barren planet with absolutely nothing useful in them.  A bit disappointing.
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

ciago92

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: November 23, 2018, 09:07:49 PM »

P.S.  Found sleeper ship by chance, but the system it was in had no planet worth colonizing.  Sole planet had hazard with 250%, much too high, despite ultrarich ores.  Guess all of those people will sleep even longer.
Yeah, I've found 2 so far.  Both were in a system where there was a single Barren planet with absolutely nothing useful in them.  A bit disappointing.

It'd be great if there was some large project (200 heavy machinery, 1000 crew, 500 supplies, etc) to move the sleeper ship to a system of your choosing/add it to your fleet until you stop at a colony to park it over

TJJ

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: November 23, 2018, 09:11:56 PM »

It'd be great if there was some large project (200 heavy machinery, 1000 crew, 500 supplies, etc) to move the sleeper ship to a system of your choosing/add it to your fleet until you stop at a colony to park it over

Nice idea!
Though make it 10k heavy machinery, 10k crew, 10k supplies...... and 20 tugs :D

Schwartz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: November 23, 2018, 09:20:41 PM »

I don't know if you've used a sleeper ship with your colonies yet, but it's extremely powerful. +50 growth points at size 5, +60 at size 6 and so forth. Even hazardous planets will be size 8 in no time.

Dostya

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: November 23, 2018, 09:27:55 PM »

So I'm guessing that tech mines all contribute their take to a common loot table pool that then distributes goodies, because I know that running tech mines at separate times doesn't get you goodies like this. It also contributes to wanting to note and save up as many of the largest ruins as possible to start up tech mining all at once. Incidentally, this might not be what you meant tech mines for.

Spoiler
[close]

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: November 23, 2018, 09:31:03 PM »

It's just pooled during delivery - everything is delivered to the 'gathering point' colony. In terms of what you get overall, when you establish them doesn't matter. Each Tech-Mining industry also gets a high-quality haul during its first month of operation. So if you start up a bunch at the same time, the initial haul will look great, but won't be any better than doing it at different times.

Shoat

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: November 23, 2018, 09:33:50 PM »

obliviously missing the point.

You are the one missing the point here.
I'm not saying I'm great at the game, I'm saying your complaint that the tutorial battle is "too difficult" is ***.
You either didn't follow all the tutorial's steps to prepare you properly (they gift you an entire fleet and an inventory full of free equipment to put onto that fleet, all you have to do is follow instructions to salvage ships, then equip the fleet and buy some crew&supplies and the fleet you then get is good enough ot win that battle without you), or you somehow managed to engage both fleets at once on every single one of your failed attempts to fight, or you DECIDED to not use some of those salvaged ships because you didn't like their d-mods (in which case the battle isn't difficult, you just made it difficult for yourself), I can't imagine how else one would be able to lose there.

That battle at the end of the tutorial has to prepare the player for what to expect in the game.
And it is still very much on the low end of what the game will throw at you afterwards, so lowering it's difficulty any further is a terrible idea. You wouldn't want to make it out of the tutorial thinking "wow, what a bunch of chumps, that was easy" only to get completely game-over'd in the first battle afterwards, right?

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: November 23, 2018, 09:36:50 PM »

moved to save my colony from a diktat expedition, bought and restored to peak condition a Dominator to pilot into the fight.
I get next to the station and before I can even get between and the enemy a khopesh wing wipes my shields with a single salvo, and then a trident wing 1hks it from full health.
Is there... some sort of bug here that I'm not aware of?
That's 11,000 damage on the shield and 11,000 hull damage thru 1800 armor (w heavy armor mod), all with explosive damage, from a single Gemini strike. I'm not crazy -- that's not right, right?
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 87