Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 87

Author Topic: Starsector 0.9a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 468324 times)

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.9a (Released) Patch Notes
« Reply #750 on: November 19, 2018, 03:28:09 PM »

I've also noticed that the 'typcial heavy patrol' doesn't take into account the universal colony modifiers (nanoforge and orbital works) when calculating quality.

Sy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: November 19, 2018, 03:35:00 PM »

yup, will do.

edit: wait, what's your email adress? ^^
« Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 03:37:33 PM by Sy »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: November 19, 2018, 03:41:27 PM »

fractalsoftworks [at] gmail [dot] com

Thank you :)

Sy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: November 19, 2018, 03:45:50 PM »

done

FooF

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: November 19, 2018, 04:14:09 PM »

I only have anecdotal evidence but it feels like ships are going down a lot faster. There have been many times I've watched my flagship Hammership crumple like paper under only moderate fire. It didn't feel like this in the previous patch. Was there a change in armor or damage calculation? I doubt it but it does seem like something is off from previous.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: November 19, 2018, 04:23:42 PM »

@Sy - hmm, this looks normal, at least, a few days after I load up the save, a regular patrol spawns, and 2 pickets + 1 medium patrol is what's expected here.

@FooF - I'll keep an eye out! Possibly related to the issue with Reapers and Sabots seeming like they're doing too much damage in some situations.

Sy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: November 19, 2018, 04:28:29 PM »

alright, i'll see if it improves on my end as well then. although, even 2 pickets and 1 medium patrol seems to me like a rather pathetic defense for that kind of colony, to be honest. ^^

Flow_Rate

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: November 19, 2018, 04:46:26 PM »

Hey Alex, I'm really stoked on the new release!

About colony economy:

I have two colonies, one is actually on a planet that is orbiting the other. On the orbital colony (A), I have mining and tech mining and some basic accessibility and military facilities, given it's a high hazard planet but has very rich ore/rare ore/ruins. On the other colony (B), I have refining and industry, as it's low hazard but also low resource. The UI does not show any internal trade, despite A making more than enough ore/rare ore/metal/organics for B.

Maybe they're leveraging nearby exports and imports with a trade differential? (more advantageous to buy+sell than to use internally?) Is there a way for me to figure that out easily?

I'll try to get some screenshots here in a bit.

Also, is the blue symbol on the right that looks like the "import from external sources" to mean "exporting to external sources"? I don't see that symbol in the F1 UI explanation panel.

About combat: I'll echo others that there are a few weapons which seem very powerful right now.

DrakonST

• Captain
  • Lizard-Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: November 19, 2018, 04:46:37 PM »

About Reapers, it seems not problems of separate rockets, it seems like problems in the "HE" damage mechanics. One Hellbore shot almost kill Lasher.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 04:51:24 PM by DrakonST »
I a Russian. And i communicate with the help of Promt Translate. And I am a color-blind person.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: November 19, 2018, 04:49:11 PM »

Also, is the blue symbol on the right that looks like the "import from external sources" to mean "exporting to external sources"? I don't see that symbol in the F1 UI explanation panel.

Hmm, not sure what you mean by this?

(As far as the colonies supplying each other, it doesn't really matter where they get the stuff provided they get it. There's a (fixed in dev version) bug that caused a commodity to be shown as being imported from out-of-faction when there's an in-faction source, though, so possibly that's it.)

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: November 19, 2018, 05:14:19 PM »

After playing for a while, I realize having the date of events in the intel screen would be rather nice.  I've had so many attempts to attack my colony that I'm unable to tell if the current attempt has failed or not, and having dates would make it much easier.
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: November 19, 2018, 05:15:56 PM »

If it failed, the intel item should say "failed" in the title. Is that not the case somewhere?

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: November 19, 2018, 05:18:27 PM »

@FooF - I'll keep an eye out! Possibly related to the issue with Reapers and Sabots seeming like they're doing too much damage in some situations.

There is 100% for-sure a bug with damage. I was testing for it using Reapers and killed a 22k HP Onslaught from full hull and armor with one salvo of four. Reapers only do 4k damage each, and 4x4000 is definitely less than 22,000.

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: November 19, 2018, 05:29:36 PM »

Did you have any skills? 22k/16k is only 1.375, and I think you can get up to that with skills.

Baqar79

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: November 19, 2018, 05:33:51 PM »

Hmmm, it certainly is worth checking research station debris after the original haul...twice.  Wasn't impressed by the initial haul, but it was ok (Needler & Mauler blueprints), check debris first time; Medusa blueprint found...ahh ok that's decent, lets check it again to be sure; Shade blueprint found.

I think the salvager occupation just became a lot more hazardous.... :D
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 87