Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 87

Author Topic: Starsector 0.9a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 468355 times)

TaLaR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.9a (Released) Patch Notes
« Reply #705 on: November 18, 2018, 08:19:19 PM »

-It seems to be really hard to find certain pather bases connected to your colonies. I've scoured about a fourth of the entire sector trying to figure out who's supplying the cells on my main colony but no luck. Is there any trick to it that I'm missing?

Yeah, I'd like to know too.
Maybe putting sniffer in pather relay near unrelated Pather base in opposite end of sector would help? Or is it actually that base that causes my problem, I just don't see links between it and my colonies?

At least with pirates you can go look in direction raiders come from.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 10:43:46 PM by TaLaR »

Cyan Leader

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: November 18, 2018, 09:01:13 PM »

Auto assign idle officers seems to be able to assign officers to ships even if they are over the limit.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: November 18, 2018, 09:06:36 PM »

Thank you all for your support :)

Re: Pather bases, yeah, they're not that easy to find. When a faction posts a bounty on one you find out where it's located, and that's about it as far as "free" ways to find the location. Totally agree that there ought to be some other way to make progress on finding one, aside from scouring everything.

Auto assign idle officers seems to be able to assign officers to ships even if they are over the limit.

Thank you, noted!

SpaceMonster

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: November 18, 2018, 09:20:52 PM »

If you swap two officers on the fleet screen, the tooltip (of the officer) on either of them shows the data of the other. (Swap them, but the tooltip stays the same as if they were not swapped.)
Refreshing the Fleet screen (pressing 'F') is enough to fix this.

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: November 18, 2018, 09:41:18 PM »

Don't know if I've seen this mentioned: The income/maintenance numbers on a colony screen are different from on the "income" tab in empire management. Bug or just taking more factors into account?

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: November 18, 2018, 09:59:30 PM »

Don't know if I've seen this mentioned: The income/maintenance numbers on a colony screen are different from on the "income" tab in empire management. Bug or just taking more factors into account?

Hmm, the only case that comes to mind is if things change during the month, i.e. stability goes up or down, an industry gets built, and so on. In that case, the actual income/upkeep for a month would be different since it would reflect the different states it was in throughout the month. Aside from that, I believe they should be consistent with each other.

(Also, looks like there's a bug in the "add industry" dialog, showing too high an upkeep.)

Dostya

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: November 18, 2018, 10:17:57 PM »

I FOUND OUT TO FIND LUDDIC PATH BASES GUYS! It's also really easy and I feel really dumb. Some strange feeling also tells me it's going to get the crap patched out of it come the next release  

:D :D :D

Spoiler
Check your intel tab, sort the planets by size. The Size 3 Luddic Path space station with no backstory off in nowheresville is the culprit.
[close]

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: November 18, 2018, 10:20:40 PM »

Brb hotfixing

Spoiler
(Kidding, kidding)
Spoiler
But no really I will have to fix this at some point.
[close]
[close]

Dostya

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: November 18, 2018, 10:24:10 PM »

Brb hotfixing

Spoiler
What, space covert terrorist groups don't enter their secret space base locations in Space Wikipedia? *faints*
[close]

Cyan Leader

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: November 18, 2018, 10:41:24 PM »

Echoing what DrakonST said before.

Just took down a pristine Remnant station and the loot was really underwhelming. Just a couple of weapons, about 60 supplies and no extra items like cores or blueprints.

Running with 4 rigs and lvl3 salvaging.

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: November 19, 2018, 12:32:49 AM »

I FOUND OUT TO FIND LUDDIC PATH BASES GUYS! It's also really easy and I feel really dumb. Some strange feeling also tells me it's going to get the crap patched out of it come the next release 

:D :D :D

Spoiler
Check your intel tab, sort the planets by size. The Size 3 Luddic Path space station with no backstory off in nowheresville is the culprit.
[close]
I thought that you could just click on the , then follow tge arrow in reverse. That's how I got rid of Ludd terrorists in my colony.
Same here! I'm mainly posting bugs instead of other discussions because I'm playing the game so much and only pause to say things that need details right. :P
Who isn't?

Alex, is orders tab goinh to be enabled Soon™, or in the next big update?

Draba

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: November 19, 2018, 02:19:15 AM »

I also lost most of my weekend, great update!
Special mention for the explosive high intensity laser, so much fun I'm still driving the Sunder I got ages ago. Edit: realized this has been in for ages, just didn't notice in the notes and didn't use it :)

Some notes:
  • Got an administrator pod early on, didn't find a way to dismiss her without a colony. 2500/month isn't that much, was just an annoyance
  • Can't find a way to remove finished/unwanted fleet log entries from the exploration intel tab
  • IIRC combat officers show the max level notice at level 15
  • Waystation, patrol base and some other buildings show crew/supplies/... requirements that aren't affected by AI cores.
    Probably intentional, just confusing(+same for the already mentioned different maintenance cost in new infrastructure view)
  • Plasma burn can glitch out on collisions. Tried to bowl a midsized asteroid into an enemy, speed stayed with my ship for ~5-10 seconds.
    See the spoiler screenshot at the bottom.
  • I think beta/alpha AI core maintenance reduction is a bit too high, they make hazard rating much less important.
    You do have to collect them, but after that the benefits are ridiculously good
  • I think price of removing D-mods is a bit too punitive. Not really a problem, just looks strange that you can build 2 brand new ships instead of fixing up a slightly dented one
  • Didn't find anything on planet size, does it affect colonies in any way?
  • Is there a way to equip orbital stations? I paid an arm and a leg for the star fortress, would be nice adjust it and see its stats out of combat

For reference, I started with the scavenging/exploration skills and got into colony management after.
Found a system with 4 awesome planets(with 2 big ruins) just "south" of the core systems, no nebula between only downside is 150(the best anyway)/175/225/250 hazard. 1-1 domain era comm and nav.
I just plopped down beta/alpha cores on everything and they aren't that much different in profit(~150-250K at size 3-5).

Techmining/AI core drawbacks seem insignificant to me, compared to their benefits.
All my things being in 1 system probably skews the picture, but even 2 level 1 orbital bases and patrol HQs dealt with the task forces by themselves at the start(admittedly after 2 raids wrecking my unprotected free ports :) ).
After seeing what hegemony inspectors do when I uninstall AIs now they just run into mysterious enemies on the way.
Colony income is ~600-800K every month and I can easily kill everything thrown at them with a 1 Sunder/1 Hammerhead/1 Shrike(?)/~10-15 wolf fleet at level 40-ish, only coordinated maneuvers and ECM skills.
Just noticed I can actually build ~15 Sunders/Hammerheads a month so fleet composition will also get a drastic overhaul :)

Also not sold on ground defenses, similar to MoO2: the way the game is built you want space superiority anyway. Might as well go for starbase/patrols.
Ground defenses are essentially a stability bonus, not that expensive but slots are limited so their upkeep could be reduced a bit(you usually give up income to get them anyway).

Very first impressions so could overlook some obvious things ofc :)

Plasma burn glitch example, started next to the frigate at ~3000 distance in the top left:
Spoiler
[close]
« Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 04:08:00 AM by Draba »

Sutopia

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: November 19, 2018, 02:54:54 AM »

Pirate activity is kinda nonsense. I got a system that is able to support one another with some very good patrol fleet (95% quality and over 200% size on all 4 colony) and pirates are still able to "interrupt" my trade. I don't even need cross-system trade and I've never seen any pirate fleet in my system, how can they possible interrupt it?
Also it's quite frustrating having instant -3 stab -50% ass just upon a pirate base/activity spawn. I thought it's supposed to be gradually increasing like luddys, causing huge trouble if left alone for too long, not just randomly kick your economy's ass.

Since all my mods have poor reputation, I deem my efforts unworthy thus no more updates will be made.

Andrius227

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: November 19, 2018, 03:03:34 AM »

Hi. I think i found a little exploit. Not sure if it was reported, but i thought to report it anyway, just in case.

Basically, if a market has a bunch of damaged ships for sale, i can reload the save and all the ships get magically fixed.

Here i made a couple of screenshots to explain it better.
What i find initially:

What happens if i save and load my game:
« Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 03:47:55 AM by Andrius227 »

Berty

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: November 19, 2018, 03:33:25 AM »

I had a pirate base targeting my colony and was able to locate it by going to a bar in my colony and talking to a person.  That was pretty cool, but it wasn't necessarily obvious.

If the message in the intel screen gave some suggestions for finding hidden bases I reckon people would find it all less frustrating.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 87