Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 87

Author Topic: Starsector 0.9a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 470160 times)

Igncom1

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.9a (Released) Patch Notes
« Reply #675 on: November 18, 2018, 11:43:28 AM »

Using the intel tab to look at systems show you pirate bases that might not have been revealed yet?

Has anyone else seen this?
Sunders are the best ship in the game.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: November 18, 2018, 11:47:17 AM »

To be clear, I don't particularly mind inaccuracies especially as you get further from the main sector, I just want to be sure that they're intentional.

Yep! This nebula detail on any of the maps is just not that accurate - it averages out nearby "cells", in part for performance reasons, in part because a more detailed version didn't turn out to look too good.

Stormking

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: November 18, 2018, 11:53:09 AM »

Great update. It got me addicted in half an hour. Again! And there went my weekend with no end in sight. Great job.
I also found a funny bug where a freelance admin I rescued from a pod at the edge of the map was sooo grateful that he's not leaving. Even after I kicked him out. (Or at least he's still on the pay-roll, if not on the job!) I hope there's an option to stuff him back into a pod in the future.

Also: can someone tell me where the faction management screen is? I must be sleep deprived from playing so much because I can't find it. I know the intro told me I could change the flag later, but I can't even find that. What I'd really like to find there is to set which goods are classified as "illegal" in my faction, cause someone got the wrong memo and put recreational drugs on that list and I'm sure I didn't say that. There's no state of over-workedness that would cause me to ban drugs. ;)

Lastly, the exploration section of the intel tab fills up awfully quick. Or maybe I'm flying around so much. In any case, I'd be just grand if there were a way to manage these the contents myself a little better, other than just marking things as important. When it comes to exploration in particular, I'd like a notice when I've last visited a system, and to note if I want to go there again/later. That way, I won't have to hold all that in my head until next weekend, which can't come quick enough now.

Cheers, and keep up the great work.

Dostya

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: November 18, 2018, 11:56:55 AM »

Yep! This nebula detail on any of the maps is just not that accurate - it averages out nearby "cells", in part for performance reasons, in part because a more detailed version didn't turn out to look too good.

Cool. Thank you.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: November 18, 2018, 12:26:28 PM »

So, I've beaten down a pirate station that's spawned in the same sector 2 light-years away from my colony for the 5th time (we're next door neighbors and the neighbors don't move out no matter how many times I blow up their house), and I notice that the Pirate Activity is still going on, giving a monstrous -50% Accessibility debuff to 2 of my colonies even though there's not a single pirate fleet for 2 LY around my colony.  I look for the pirate base and it's...22 LY away, literally all the way across the Core Systems.
Spoiler
[close]
This feels far too out of place, and if I daresay, deliberately increasing difficulty for no particular reason.  Nuking the pirate probably won't be a problem (I've yet to get there...), but getting there?  That's literally 30 days of travel just to get there.  Why would a pirate bother to go that far to raid a place when they can choose literally any other inhabited system in the entire sector?  I respect the Pirate's decisions to make a base 2 LY away from my colony (the one that I've been dealing with since Day 1), but this, a base 10x as far away with every other Core system in between me and them, is just silly.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 12:29:48 PM by The Soldier »
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: November 18, 2018, 01:04:21 PM »

That seems like a pirate base that's not specifically targeting you deciding to target your colony, like they periodically do other core worlds. If you don't deal with it, it'll most likely switch targets within... half a cycle or so?

The ones nearby specifically target your stuff, though I've got a todo item to look at why it'd get built in the exact same system 5 times in a row. Might be the only "suitable" one nearby; will take a look.

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: November 18, 2018, 01:11:55 PM »

@Stormking

I believe colony management can be accessed with the 'd' button? (Not at game right now, sorry) I found it by accident the first time and then tested all the keys looking for what they did.

Sebenko

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: November 18, 2018, 01:15:36 PM »

Long time listener, first time caller.

Loving the update, especially the sneaky addition of Brigador portraits, even if having a Spacer as my first officer isn't exactly... reassuring.

To offer some hopfully helpful nit-picking:

1) Expeditionary forces are ridiculous. Just beat back the half-a-dozen large fleets that hung around after their raids failed, and one raid attempt later (which had failed by the time I got in-system) there's five more large fleets. I can beat them back without too much trouble (though a good degree of save scumming), but it means I have to spend all my time hanging around to clear up.

2) Rarity of blueprints/ other colony rare loot. I've found 6 synchrotrons, 4 pristine nanoforges, 8 corrupted nanoforges, 2 astral blueprints and a Paragon blueprint, gained millions of credits and have the resources to keep a spare fleet of 0-d-mod Paragons and Astrals running sufficient to dunk on all those pesky expeditionary forces... yet I can't build a single Odessey, the blueprint for which I've been searching for since I finished my heavy industry construction. It's at the point where the blueprint is useless to my colony because of the near-unlimited supply of high-tech capital ships, I just want to find it on principle. I'm aware there's no guarantee of a particular blueprint, but it would be nice to have a way of finding out if scouring half the sector is a waste of time. I think TT has one, but it seems a bit backwards to build up enough advanced ships to raid a faction for a blueprint that isn't as useful as the ships you're using to get it.

Minor confusions:

1) I think my colony's star fortress is in need of both rebuilding and have a 90 day disruption, and I can only see the disruption in the colony UI, so I don't know if its a lack of rebuilding or expeditionary fleets turning up that's keeping it stuck at 90 days disruption remaining.

2) Getting to the ship buy/sell screen is a bit obtuse in the new docking screen, as there doesn't seem to be an option for it on the list.

3) I have more cash than I know what to do with from a single colony, seems a bit over-tuned.

4) The limit for buildings on colonies is high enough that I don't seem to have to put much thought into what I build.

5) I was slightly confused at first with whether population interacted with colony buildings in terms of how many I could build. It seemed a bit odd that my colony of a few thousand people could support a starport, tech mining, interstellar capable military command, heavy industry and the farms to keep them all fed.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: November 18, 2018, 01:48:47 PM »

Long time listener, first time caller.

Loving the update, especially the sneaky addition of Brigador portraits, even if having a Spacer as my first officer isn't exactly... reassuring.

Welcome to the forum :)

1) Expeditionary forces are ridiculous. Just beat back the half-a-dozen large fleets that hung around after their raids failed, and one raid attempt later (which had failed by the time I got in-system) there's five more large fleets. I can beat them back without too much trouble (though a good degree of save scumming), but it means I have to spend all my time hanging around to clear up.

This looks like a bug - had a couple of reports of this; fleets should not hang around after the raid fails. If they didn't, then you'd generally have months of time between having to defend against raids.

1) I think my colony's star fortress is in need of both rebuilding and have a 90 day disruption, and I can only see the disruption in the colony UI, so I don't know if its a lack of rebuilding or expeditionary fleets turning up that's keeping it stuck at 90 days disruption remaining.

Do you have the latest hotfix, -RC9? There's a bug where sometimes a station will fail to rebuild and be stuck at its building time; the hotfix fixes that, among a couple of other things.

2) Rarity of blueprints/ other colony rare loot. I've found 6 synchrotrons, 4 pristine nanoforges, 8 corrupted nanoforges, 2 astral blueprints and a Paragon blueprint, gained millions of credits and have the resources to keep a spare fleet of 0-d-mod Paragons and Astrals running sufficient to dunk on all those pesky expeditionary forces... yet I can't build a single Odessey, the blueprint for which I've been searching for since I finished my heavy industry construction. It's at the point where the blueprint is useless to my colony because of the near-unlimited supply of high-tech capital ships, I just want to find it on principle. I'm aware there's no guarantee of a particular blueprint, but it would be nice to have a way of finding out if scouring half the sector is a waste of time. I think TT has one, but it seems a bit backwards to build up enough advanced ships to raid a faction for a blueprint that isn't as useful as the ships you're using to get it.

2) Getting to the ship buy/sell screen is a bit obtuse in the new docking screen, as there doesn't seem to be an option for it on the list.

3) I have more cash than I know what to do with from a single colony, seems a bit over-tuned.

4) The limit for buildings on colonies is high enough that I don't seem to have to put much thought into what I build.

5) I was slightly confused at first with whether population interacted with colony buildings in terms of how many I could build. It seemed a bit odd that my colony of a few thousand people could support a starport, tech mining, interstellar capable military command, heavy industry and the farms to keep them all fed.

Thank you, noted!

Baqar79

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: November 18, 2018, 02:06:18 PM »

Just a quick question:
I currently have 4 colonies, of which 3 have Tech-mines.  When I get the monthly report about Tech-mining hauls, it only shows a single Tech-mine; my first colony.  Is that because all Tech-mining hauls are automatically forwarded to the first Tech-mine you built?

Sutopia

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: November 18, 2018, 02:08:37 PM »

I got myself in a LMAO situation
When Persean League and Sindrian Diktat literally locked down my main cashcow with like 6~7 task force, someone saved me.
The PIRATES!!!
I was like LMAO ROFL.
Pirates decided to send an extremely heavy raid on my colony to find there are some super capital fleets (well, from other factions) wandering around. They had a GREAT fight and all of them just go boom in the end, now the sky is clear, my industries get working again.

Since all my mods have poor reputation, I deem my efforts unworthy thus no more updates will be made.

Sutopia

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: November 18, 2018, 02:11:01 PM »

Just a quick question:
I currently have 4 colonies, of which 3 have Tech-mines.  When I get the monthly report about Tech-mining hauls, it only shows a single Tech-mine; my first colony.  Is that because all Tech-mining hauls are automatically forwarded to the first Tech-mine you built?

It's similar to the request ship build, they send everything to your first colony by default. You can adjust the gather point, however.

Since all my mods have poor reputation, I deem my efforts unworthy thus no more updates will be made.

Sebenko

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: November 18, 2018, 02:14:18 PM »

Do you have the latest hotfix, -RC9? There's a bug where sometimes a station will fail to rebuild and be stuck at its building time; the hotfix fixes that, among a couple of other things.

I was running RC8, looks like that was the issue. Thanks for the response!

xenoargh

• Admiral
  • naively breaking things!
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: November 18, 2018, 02:24:51 PM »

Woooohoooooooooo!  This made my weekend.

Looking forward to testing stuff to oblivion and beyond soon  :)
Please check out my SS projects :)
Xeno's Mod Pack

Baqar79

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: November 18, 2018, 02:36:09 PM »

Just a quick question:

It's similar to the request ship build, they send everything to your first colony by default. You can adjust the gather point, however.

I just swapped the planet and sure enough all of the Tech-mining ended up being forwarded there; Thank you!
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 87