Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 87

Author Topic: Starsector 0.9a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 468395 times)

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.9a (Released) Patch Notes
« Reply #660 on: November 18, 2018, 09:42:54 AM »

The secret to defending against those task forces is to focus on ground defense. Build Ground Defenses then upgrade to Heavy Batteries ASAP. They can't disrupt your industries if their raids fail.

I mean, don't neglect your space defenses of course. Get them up and running quickly too, but don't expect them to do much early on. Later, with multiple colonies in a system all spawning patrols, the task forces will get demolished before they can even land.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: November 18, 2018, 09:44:20 AM »

Did I mention that custom production can stack any hullmods it wants, including DTC and ITU on a Heron?

Hmm, odd. Pretty sure there's a bug in autofit - it *can* do this, but there shouldn't be a situation where it ever *would*, but apparently that does come up.
Speaking of, fresh off the production line.
Spoiler
[close]
Also, I assume production not taking advantage of the possible +10% Ordnance Points from character skills increase is intended?
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Volfgarix

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: November 18, 2018, 09:44:40 AM »

AI Cores are quite useful, when used moderately.  Otherwise the Hegemony get involved and you end up having to give them up or have your facilities disabled for an unreasonably long amount of time.

Tech-Mining on Widespread (or larger) Ruins will instantly earn you the ire of the Persean League and Sindrian Diktat.  Tell me about it, both of those factions have decided to raid my base regularly, at the same time, every 6 months or so.  I literally can't leave my colony alone nowadays, they'll just have their asses handed to them.  I did just get the reward for a certain story arc though, and I've yet to test it, so maybe that'll improve my chances.  Orbital Stations and their upgrades have been pretty much useless in my experience, as the raid fleets are becoming so big and numerous not even that combined with my patrols are doing anything useful.
Well, hegemony already wants me dead for Free Port things, The Church as well is sending an "expedition". So some AI cores wouldn't hurt.

Now I don't understand why would League and Diktat get mad over ruins.

Edit:
On other things. I'm thinking about shutting down refining plants if AI core won't help. Mining is able to pay for itself, but smelting not.

Graploos

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: November 18, 2018, 09:52:20 AM »

Is it me or is running a simulation with multiple ships bugged?
Select 2 of my ships >  select 1 enemy > my 1 extra ship is unselected

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: November 18, 2018, 10:00:17 AM »

You have to deploy allies, reopen the screen, then deploy enemies (or vice versa). Annoying, but that's the way it is.

Sin

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: November 18, 2018, 10:02:50 AM »

Hi, i hope this bug is not here yet but is do many pages it is hard to keep track.

In middle of combat i saw enemy ship (hound) spinning very fast (lets say 300pm if i exaggerate a bit) which i found hilarious even though i did not know what caused it.
later in another combat enemy fleet was almost defeated and i saw another hound charging at me with an abnormal speed, which seemed to be similar to one if you retread or enter when pursue someone. So i am wondering if there is some bug referred to retreating and the ships heading wrong way, or entering combat and they never turn of their burn speed.
Never happened to me in the 0.8.1a version and happened twice in a new one which i played only for about 4 hours.

Otherwise i love the game and the update as well.
Thanks

Bishi

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: November 18, 2018, 10:12:28 AM »

Released? OMG Hyyyype!

Dostya

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: November 18, 2018, 10:15:07 AM »

Aquaculture is double counting its base value. I can't get a screenshot of the info-panel for whatever reason, but this is what the commercial bit looks like. While I do appreciate effortlessly owning a large amount of the obscenely profitable food market, I don't think this is intended.

Spoiler
[close]

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: November 18, 2018, 10:15:36 AM »

Hey ALex, you might want to pin the release news in your Twitter! Unless you are waiting to have a more stable RC
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: November 18, 2018, 10:19:48 AM »

Also, I assume production not taking advantage of the possible +10% Ordnance Points from character skills increase is intended?

Hmm, sort of - let me see how easy that is to actually take into account.

Hi, i hope this bug is not here yet but is do many pages it is hard to keep track.

In middle of combat i saw enemy ship (hound) spinning very fast (lets say 300pm if i exaggerate a bit) which i found hilarious even though i did not know what caused it.
later in another combat enemy fleet was almost defeated and i saw another hound charging at me with an abnormal speed, which seemed to be similar to one if you retread or enter when pursue someone. So i am wondering if there is some bug referred to retreating and the ships heading wrong way, or entering combat and they never turn of their burn speed.
Never happened to me in the 0.8.1a version and happened twice in a new one which i played only for about 4 hours.

Otherwise i love the game and the update as well.
Thanks

Hi!

The spinning can happen to some ships when they lose an engine, depending on their engine placement. In particular the Shepherd has this happen pretty frequently. For the Hound burning towards you, it's most likely because it tried to retreat, hit an asteroid, and got turned around during the retreat-burn maneuver. So: not perhaps "standard" behavior in either case, but not bugs, either.

Hey ALex, you might want to pin the release news in your Twitter! Unless you are waiting to have a more stable RC

Thanks for the reminder! But it's already pinned, hmm - you're not seeing that? That'd be super odd.

Aquaculture is double counting its base value. I can't get a screenshot of the info-panel for whatever reason, but this is what the commercial bit looks like. While I do appreciate effortlessly owning a large amount of the obscenely profitable food market, I don't think this is intended.

Spoiler
[close]

Thank you, noted this down! (Jeez, that's a lot of food.)

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: November 18, 2018, 10:29:50 AM »

The spinning can happen to some ships when they lose an engine, depending on their engine placement. In particular the Shepherd has this happen pretty frequently. For the Hound burning towards you, it's most likely because it tried to retreat, hit an asteroid, and got turned around during the retreat-burn maneuver. So: not perhaps "standard" behavior in either case, but not bugs, either.
Ah, I do love it when Sheperds do that.  They're like obscenely large dogs chasing their own tail. :) Not to mention what the poor souls crewing the ship feel, but it's incredibly funny and I hope it never gets changed, heh.  
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Cyan Leader

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: November 18, 2018, 10:32:29 AM »

Investigating military options at Port Tse station while being neutral to TT presents an option to aid the station even though there is no battle going on. Turns out the battle is counting the pirate station in the system so if you choose to aid you'll end up with a battle between 2 battlestations, though the Tri Tach one "retreats" before it begins.

Bizarre bug.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: November 18, 2018, 10:41:39 AM »

Ah, I do love it when Sheperds do that.  They're like obscenely large dogs chasing their own tail. :) Not to mention what the poor souls crewing the ship feel, but it's incredibly funny and I hope it never gets changed, heh.  

Have to be honest, only keeping that one around for the "this is funny" factor. In theory could fix it by capping the spin-rate and so on.

Investigating military options at Port Tse station while being neutral to TT presents an option to aid the station even though there is no battle going on. Turns out the battle is counting the pirate station in the system so if you choose to aid you'll end up with a battle between 2 battlestations, though the Tri Tach one "retreats" before it begins.

Bizarre bug.

Huh, thank you! Guess the orbits must line up so the stations are nearby. Made a note!

Volfgarix

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: November 18, 2018, 11:25:01 AM »

Is there a way to make your patrol actually stand up along with you to fight the invasion? My patrols run away from "Expeditions" despite my fairly decent fleet sitting by the planet.

Dostya

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: November 18, 2018, 11:25:16 AM »

So I've been planning my routes with the main map and checking on everything in the minimap, and frankly they're not that accurate. This isn't the only incident or example of such around, merely one of the most obvious. There are other places closer to the sector I can probably find again. I'm guessing you updated the hyperlanes and didn't do anything with the sector or minimap?

Normal play map - note the radar display
Spoiler
[close]
Tab map
Spoiler
[close]

To be clear, I don't particularly mind inaccuracies especially as you get further from the main sector, I just want to be sure that they're intentional.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 87