Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 87

Author Topic: Starsector 0.9a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 468271 times)

ArkAngel

• Captain
  • The essence of strategy is choosing what not to do
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.9a (Released) Patch Notes
« Reply #630 on: November 17, 2018, 04:54:52 PM »

I had a minor bug where my survey data was worth less then 30 credits. Didn't matter if it was Class V or class I. The price would differ by a few credits, but it didn't seem to do a whole lot. I tried selling it at Jangala, Sindria, Kazeron, no change.
I ended up starting another game, and it worked fine, selling remotely correct credit amounts, but it was weird.

I have to say, I enjoy the mission intel now coming, rather then having to go to mission boards, but at times it can get a tad overwhelming to have six different mission/intel flash by on the left side of the screen. I probably just need to play a bit more to get used to it.
"Yes... Yes I -am- sending you, alone, unarmed, against the might of the Hegemony defense fleet.  Not to worry - watching how they obliterate your puny frigate will be most... enlightening.  I shall dissect their tactics and emerge victorious!  Any questions? Then get to your ship, you launch in 5."

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: November 17, 2018, 06:40:51 PM »

Minor bug maybe? If you have 2 colonies in the same system and switch which one has the "orbital works" improvement (ie remove it in one and put it in the other) then your fleet quality no longer registers the improvement at either location.

Also, just ran into
Spoiler
the tier 2 low tech station attempting to shut down a luddic path cell and: AAHHHhhhhhhh!!!
[close]
But in a good way!

I'm enjoying the hell out of this update, thank you so much Alex for making it happen.

[Edit] If I remove the Orbital works on the second planet and then rebuild it, the problem becomes fixed.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 07:46:44 PM by Thaago »

Sutopia

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: November 17, 2018, 06:56:25 PM »

Bug report:
When enemy "expedition" fleet destroyed station but failed to compromise the wanted facility, the task force get stuck at the planet, locked state at "traveling" and kill station whenever it respawn. It's quite annoying my star fortress get literally pinned down.

Since all my mods have poor reputation, I deem my efforts unworthy thus no more updates will be made.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: November 17, 2018, 07:03:15 PM »

Bug report:
When enemy "expedition" fleet destroyed station but failed to compromise the wanted facility, the task force get stuck at the planet, locked state at "traveling" and kill station whenever it respawn. It's quite annoying my star fortress get literally pinned down.
Just ran into this now, yeah.  Can't really access my colony with 2 Persian League strike fleets and 2 Sindrian Diktat strike fleets (yes, 2 factions decided to attack at the same time...for the 3rd time in a row, that needs to be toned down) hovering around indefinitely, the colony repulsed both attacks successfully but the station was destroyed.  I also made the same mistake of upgrading the station (remotely, while off exploring) a month or two after expecting that the strike fleets were gone, but nope, now that bug has kicked in and my colony has no spaceborne defenses with 4 strike fleets mauling everything that comes out.

That sure as hell put a stopper on any progress I was making.  So much so that I decided to move next door and settle a new colony. :P
« Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 07:10:56 PM by The Soldier »
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

FooF

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: November 17, 2018, 07:26:15 PM »

New Bug:

The Port Tse Franchise battlestation was engaged in combat with the pirate battlestation from across the solar system. I was even able to join the Tri-Tach station and the two stations spawned on top of each other and shot each other.

It was weird.

DrakonST

• Captain
  • Lizard-Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: November 17, 2018, 07:31:30 PM »

New Bug:

The Port Tse Franchise battlestation was engaged in combat with the pirate battlestation from across the solar system. I was even able to join the Tri-Tach station and the two stations spawned on top of each other and shot each other.

It was weird.
Can you give a screenshot? I want see this!
I a Russian. And i communicate with the help of Promt Translate. And I am a color-blind person.

Dostya

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: November 17, 2018, 07:33:37 PM »

I have an odd problem with my factions' ship patrols. I've got several planets in system with military bases, and out-system colonies. This is what the patrols look like. One jump point of three has a fleet nearby sometimes, the other planets are undefended, and hyperspace gets maybe one fleet on an extremely inconsistent basis. Merchants are periodically cut to ribbons nearby, is there a way for me to goose my faction's fleets out of my homeworld's orbitals?

Spoiler
[close]

DrakonST

• Captain
  • Lizard-Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: November 17, 2018, 08:03:19 PM »

After more than 24hours of play i want say something - i really dont love new sale bar mechanism. (i talk about thing on screenshot)
Spoiler
[close]

It seems more illogically and less convenient than old. Especially during the work with small quantity. Why need to put 50% in this bar if i want to sell 10% of things? And Why after 70% bar progress i sell much bigger amounts of things? Maybe you can put on "settings.json" parameter like "Use legacy sale bar"?

Much better when 10% bar progress sell 10% of goods.

Only this thing was not pleasant to me in this patch. Excepting bugs.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 08:08:59 PM by DrakonST »
I a Russian. And i communicate with the help of Promt Translate. And I am a color-blind person.

Kirschbra

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: November 17, 2018, 09:23:53 PM »

NO! NO!!!! I'm having some kind of issue downloading this whats going on

Kirschbra

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: November 17, 2018, 09:25:11 PM »

nevermind

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: November 17, 2018, 11:17:39 PM »

Alright, I've basically played through a whole game (~4.5 cycles). Have a 31.5k defense, size 7 (and growing) jungle colony that is the top supplier for almost everything it produces (>150% accessibility), and 3 other colonies besides. I'm not even using any AI cores. (Well, one gamma on the 7's pop, but that hardly counts.) There's still some stuff I haven't done, but meh, no point besides doing it to do it.

On a side note, had fun exploring the fringe with an Afflictor and 2 Harbingers - turns out Harbingers don't make half-bad phase tankers. With limited fuel and supplies, and the high cost of recovering CR, whether to storm glide or not was a real judgment call.

Colony feedback:
Vast ruins seems terribly powerful. Once I colonized the planet and got a tech mining industry up I basically never had to worry about money again. Tech mining in general just gives you everything right away. Supplies, fuel, and heavy machinery AND money, weapons, and blueprints!? Crazy!

I think the fuel is what makes tech mining so good. Metal, supplies, and heavy machinery on my world currently provide about 63k credits from exports, whereas fuel provides 57k credits. That's all just from the tech mining, there's no refinery, heavy industry, or fuel production on this world. And besides the income you can use the fuel yourself of course, which is a huge boon early on.

Moving on, [REDACTED] looks great, but I prefer the view unobstructed. Maybe make it blue for player colonies and way more transparent?

Light industry seems to have too high of an upkeep. With 150% accessibility, size 7, I'm only making like 37k credits off of domestic and luxury goods combined, but LI has an upkeep of 40k (50k after hazard).

The midline tier 1 orbital station seems much weaker than the low tech one. Didn't fight a high tech one for comparison, though. Didn't fight the other tiers enough to get a good judge on them, though it is clear the AI has no idea how to fight a station (big surprise :P)

Getting away from colonies a bit, it still seems like there are a ton of frigates in every fleet. Related: when I was fiddling with my faction's doctrine the difference between size focus 4 and 5 was huge compared to 3 and 4.

Unlike Drakon, I like the new sale bar mechanism. Much more convenient and made perfect sense to me.

To end on a positive note, it's great to see lots of ships on the open markets. They were quite bare before.

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: November 18, 2018, 01:47:24 AM »

Sindrian Diktat sent two bully fleets to my colony, but only one showed up. Also that's how I learned that the game holds no punches and you basically shouldn't make a colony at all, unless you can build heavy industry, patrol HQ and space station all at once (and afford that), otherwise you're getting shat all over. Space port raid seems a little too strong, since it basically affects everything, to the point that my colony went from ~100k profits per month, to -40k deficit, for 4 months! And I lost my entire growth progress. The worst part is that I didn't expect that at all and I had to cannibilise and luck my way into not dying. Duration bar doesn't move at all, until the month the disruption fades.
Also there's way too many storms. There's no decision to take, you just clench your teeth and power through. Detours take a lot of time and make you waste your fuel.

Ishman

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: November 18, 2018, 03:36:14 AM »

Can confirm getting flashing white screens here too. Ryzen 1 1800x with 1080ti and 16 gigs ram (look, ram was almost as expensive as my cpu :V).

I adore that you're always adding more knobs and levers to the campaign layer stuff, means way more avenues to expand and interlink together with mods and being able to drop in more content of our own.

Excited to be able to one day rule the sector with an iron fist and slowly convert all material into thinking matter, post-singularity style.

Cyan Leader

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: November 18, 2018, 04:26:20 AM »

So every fight I've been having against derelicts have been spawning the Bastillions for the destroyer class. Always and constantly. What happened to the Berserker?

Igncom1

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: November 18, 2018, 05:06:02 AM »

So when the Hegemony comes looking for your AI cores but you removed them and they still catch evidence that you did, are they supposed to be able to disrupt your colonies industries for 350 days? Like everything one one of my colonies has been annihilated.

I thought it was supposed to be an inspection, not a planetary bombing? Hell I could rebuild stuff faster then it takes for them to recover. I just might even.

They even blew up my space fortress. How?  :-\
Sunders are the best ship in the game.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 87