Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 87

Author Topic: Starsector 0.9a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 468276 times)

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.9a (Released) Patch Notes
« Reply #585 on: November 16, 2018, 10:05:17 PM »

Nice work Alex :D

Can't wait to get stuck into 0.9!

Dostya

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: November 16, 2018, 10:26:49 PM »

Never mind, question answered.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 11:49:04 PM by Dostya »

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: November 17, 2018, 01:31:37 AM »

Just wanted to say thank you for this update Alex. It just feels so weird now after all this time, my mind is still stuck in 0.8.

"That Nexerelin battlestation sure looks weir- Oh, oh... 0.9, i forgot, again."

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: November 17, 2018, 01:34:28 AM »

Four more minor things: having "perform survey" and "create a colony" have the same hot key is bad. Fuel indicator in the bottom RIGHT, if course is set to travel in hyperspace, will count realspace travel as using fuel as well. Efficiency overhaul seems so... Cheap. And the last one: in intel screen fuel range indicator is "W", but on normal map it's "2". Annoying.
Also sector generation is a bit broken; once had a gas giant and it's L4/L5 asteroid groups misaligned not only in the distance from the star, but also asteroids were too close/too far away as well. Now I have a black hole system, where outer system and fringe jump-points are half a screen away from one another.
You can "unlock" orders tab on Command panel without having any colonies. Go to Doctrines and Blueprints, click select all - unselect all, voila. It's all empty, but you can still open it.

rin

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: November 17, 2018, 01:35:18 AM »

Yes! Finally! Thank you so very much. I've been waiting for this. Have been getting more into Starsector with mods for the past few months after playing it on and off for the past few years. This is looking great! I still remember when I bought this game in 2011. Ah, good times. :>

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #590 on: November 17, 2018, 03:02:30 AM »

The new jump point look-ahead functionality ruins the surprise of ambush distress signals. (Which is arguably good, because the distress signal surprise is terrible if your fleet is too weak.)

SirOstrich

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: November 17, 2018, 03:46:53 AM »

After years of shamelessly pirating that gem, i finally bought it on that release. GG fractalsoftworks :)

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Eschewing obfuscatory verbosity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: November 17, 2018, 04:00:08 AM »

Resetting to defaults sets battle size to 200, not 300.

I think the bar would profit tremendously from ambient sound effects:)  Also, why not make it the place to hire officers? Or at least, let's say, high-level officers.

Does the AI maybe not always recognize stations as obstacles? I saw a domain cruiser burn-drive into a domain mothership without apparent cause.

Ha, I love the hyperspace storm travel ping-pong! ;D

After years of shamelessly pirating that gem, i finally bought it on that release. GG fractalsoftworks :)

Well, thank you for supporting the game. However, shame on you for pirating it in the first place. That is not something we want discussed on this forum, please refrain from that in the future.

Anyway, welcome to the forum.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 05:04:15 AM by Gothars »
The game was completed 8 years ago and we get a free expansion every year.

Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.

Cosmitz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: November 17, 2018, 05:17:22 AM »

Mhm, i have had a hope that the reputation penalties would be... lessened, for accidental issues.

I had 35 rep with Hegemony. A fast picket, after catching me once with my transponder off, and not much after, with it again (turned on before combat) because i was trying to hack a relay, engaged me. Ran away sucessfully the first time, but the picket continued to chase me. I tried to run away again, not that i was unable to defend myself, but they got too hard on my carrier and i destroyed i think one destroyer and two frigates from their side. Boom, i was at -55 reputation in one go.  I am wondering whether that would have been lessened if i /didn't/ turn it on before combat, but either way, as much as it makes the roleplay of 'high-and-mighty-holier-than-thou-fringe-sherrif pushes around traveller' more genuine, this little problem left me in the back-end of Haegemony space with no fuel to really go anywhere else and far from capable to slip under the radar and blackmarket some fuel. Had my entire fleet crushed not long after when trying to procure said fuel.

Isn't there a lessened penalty when i /didn't/ engage the fight? Not like i attacked a defenceless trade convoy and erased it from existence to get put on their kill-on-sight list.

Video of the encounter.

This cut a fair bit of the steam i had under my sails. Thankfully made a tiny nest-egg to get back to at least a modest trading fleet (thankfully trading is improved in 0.9a) before i get back on my feet, but this entire situation was not cause by agressive playing or by taking big risks, just one transponder fluke and one agressive picket. I usually don't really play iron-man so i would have just reloaded after this situation, but it does not mean it's fair. My only other alternative would have been to /not/ defend myself and take the carrier hit but it seems entirely anti-play since i was not supposed to be trading '80 rep points versus a dead 20k credit carrier' then, or even '80 rep points versus 40k worth of enemy ships'.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 05:34:21 AM by Cosmitz »

niiiick

• Ensign
  • Sunder is best shipfu
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: November 17, 2018, 05:56:23 AM »

Hey,

Is it possible to turn off/disable the 3-year monthly stipend?
Ruins the masochistic experience a bit. :')

Thanks for the update!
« Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 06:36:24 AM by niiiick »

Mr_7

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: November 17, 2018, 06:16:56 AM »

0.9RC8 getting some odd flickering on certain planet surface textures in the campaign mode. Gathering more data on it as it’s intermittent.

Ubik

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: November 17, 2018, 06:44:33 AM »

Is seeing the best places to buy or sell a product (when pressing F1) a new feature?

Either way it's quite handy but could you expand it somehow to also show the prices for the stations inside the system you are when checking it?
Would reduce the need to fly from station to station to find the best deal.

TJJ

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: November 17, 2018, 07:03:01 AM »

0.9RC8 getting some odd flickering on certain planet surface textures in the campaign mode. Gathering more data on it as it’s intermittent.

Slightly different, but I've noticed occasional complete screen white flickering.

Though I don't think it actually requires any input from the user for it to occur, just leave the game idle for a while (I was watching a movie on a different monitor) and you'll see an occasional white flicker.
It's the same symptom as when a draw surface is invalidated during rendering, and you fail to check for it/re-render before the page flip.

Win 10 x64, GTX 1070, 3 monitors.
To my knowledge the previous version didn't do it.

I'll have a go at screen capping it.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 07:06:32 AM by TJJ »

TJJ

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: November 17, 2018, 07:17:07 AM »

Oh yeah, can the installer be signed?

Not only does Windows Defender pop up this scary warning, but it automatically does a thorough scan of the entire installer archive*.

*Which for unknown reasons, takes upwards of 1 minute even on a Ryzen 2700 reading from an nvme ssd.

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Eschewing obfuscatory verbosity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: November 17, 2018, 07:30:21 AM »

( I had trouble downloading too, it was infinitely stuck on a security scan (win 10, both chrome and edge). Could still start the installer, though.)
The game was completed 8 years ago and we get a free expansion every year.

Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 87